Record Bullhorning Day

From Comstock earlier:

"The fragility of the stock market was underscored today as the Dow plummeted 143 points in the last hour and a half of the session on some apparently innocuous remarks by Greenspan in front of the Senate Banking Committee."

"What will they say next?"

I'd say this:

"The stock market remains wildly overvalued, but the Power of the Fed is bigger than the market itself. Program Robots executed futures buy program in the pits today to launch an Epic Rally, sending the VIX to new intraday lows, never recorded in history. We will remain viligant by protecting our shorts by covering immediately upon seeing "The Signature" of Robot Intervention. No shorts will be reloaded for a minimum of 5 more trading days until the rally flames out. Then we will see if the market goes down in earnst, for the 94th attempt at calling a possible turn to the downside."

Damon Vickers is bullish as ever. Hasn't posted in 5 weeks, waits for the Boner Day before checking in with an update.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

buy signal.

last night i posted about the downside targets. now here are the upside targets.

blew out the green down fork. not a good sign.

res at 45, 55 and 62.

the black line (mid tine of a 50% offset fork from 1553) has contained price three times since feb. if we take it out now and stay above it, it would be a pretty powerful bullish signal.

if we're going up, the red line probably won't provide much res.

the blue line at 1162 would be the last chance for bears for a while.

edit: the problem is that the last 3 times the black line contained price, we were at the top of a cycle, not near the bottom.

post-7-1082672150.png

I had an idea to write a novel about a 10 Sigma Event.

Fed Bullhorns the markets to wild extremes, BOJ massively interevenes in the dollar and T-Bones, Statists pull off these spectacular raids on the metals.

Then, without warning, all Arab Nations unite and make an announcement, precisely on a day like today where things are pushed to extremes.

"Effective Immediately, all crude sales will be paid for in Euros or Yen only."

"Effective Immediately, we will sell all our dollar holdings at market, and buy all the gold and silver available on the COMEX at market price. And we will stand for delivery next month"

The Cosmic Joke would be that they would have been shorting the dollar and buying gold during this entire last 2 months, and would make a killing.

Instant Wealth Transfer.

From the Anglos to the Arabs.

In just a few trading hours.

That would result in an Economic Disaster, far worse than 10 terror attacks on 10 cities on the same day.

You've got a good chapter one.

I'll give you the outline for chapter two: Nuclear explosions in the principal Arab capitals.

Here's chapter three: Sino-Russian alliance comes in on behalf of the beleaguered Arabs.

No happy ending.

Am glad I bought some QQQ at close yesterday after seeing steady selling and then learning that Mr Magoo was on the hill or something with some kind of idiotic pronoucement. Doesn't everyone remember one of the key, take-it-to-the-bank forensic trading trends? Whenever the old A-hole speaks the following day is generally followed by managed government propping and buying to save his reputation and paint a gloss of legitimacy over a blind man's bluff monetary policy. Please people tune into www.AirAmericaRadio.com streaming. All of this is puppetry. The only real index I would pay attention to this year is the Presidential Futures Market. If the PigMen are confident in a Bush win then you can buy this cesspool and I don't care if Jesus beams down and starts throwing the money changers off the floor of the Exchange. All prime trading is insider tipped and they will run this thing right on up if the bush-cheney junta looks golden. Anyway is comforting to know the House of Saud is running frequent ads on CNN now and that they own CitiTurd Bank. Don't expect fair play and you won't be dissappointed. Keep your asses covered at all times, never turn your back on a rutting,methane-spewing 'market-maker' and never beleive that there is anymore 'freedom' to this sewage system they call Wall Street than there is to the government that represents its every whim and bends over to grab its ankles at every opportunity. best to all riverboaters, may you survive and may you prosper, buddha

Home Run Budda

As always you have a way with words that I envy. Nice analysis

of the "market". Wish I had your courage to take a stab at the QQQs.

Went long in the last hour yesterday got some scraps. First time in years. Terrifying experience for the biggest bear on this board. I have decided its not worth it. Im thinking its about time to smell some of the roses out there as opposed to playing the bull a game of chicken that is sure to have an unhappy ending.

Drop by more often.

Be well

Ag

Thanks for the fed bullhorning updates

Its gone past the point of ridiculous. The power of the fed has certainly gone to thier collective heads.

Wndy

No way this thing collapses prior to the election. Mild setbacks perhaps.

They will do whatever it takes to prop things till power is retained. The only unknown, a 10 sigma, could of course disrupt such well laid plans.

The terrorists need not concern themselves with our future. They have all the time in the world and are watching the destruction of our debt based economy in real time. Why interfere when we can do the job ourselves?

I had an idea to write a novel about a 10 Sigma Event.

Fed Bullhorns the markets to wild extremes, BOJ massively interevenes in the dollar and T-Bones, Statists pull off these spectacular raids on the metals.

Then, without warning, all Arab Nations unite and make an announcement, precisely on a day like today where things are pushed to extremes.

"Effective Immediately, all crude sales will be paid for in Euros or Yen only."

"Effective Immediately, we will sell all our dollar holdings at market, and buy all the gold and silver available on the COMEX at market price. And we will stand for delivery next month"

The Cosmic Joke would be that they would have been shorting the dollar and buying gold during this entire last 2 months, and would make a killing.

Instant Wealth Transfer.

From the Anglos to the Arabs.

In just a few trading hours.

That would result in an Economic Disaster, far worse than 10 terror attacks on 10 cities on the same day.

Wndy,exactly! So why are they pissing about, bombing and maiming innocent people.But I s'pose that's the reason that the current reigning crims are such good buddies with House of Saud crims. B)

Archived