B4 The Bell, Tuezelday April 20

Guest yobob1
Mind readers of the Fed:

"We don't want to commit ourselves to anything before all the possible data is in. So while we may continually have something in the back of our minds as to the way things are going and what might happen, we don't talk about it, even to each other," McTeer said.DOW JONES NEWSWIRES April 20, 2004 8:38 a.m.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Considering they don't talk about it, they sure seem to do an awful lot of jawboning. Guess it's just to let us know how their day is going.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Simon from twin Capital Mgt is on Crapvision and is bearish.

Prechter is now pounding the table bearish - He issued an emergency interim report yesterday.

Should I be bearish ?...OR SELL IN MAY AND GO AWAY ?

REPOST

=====

Is this for real.... 2 month Inverse SPX Target of 1210 and DOW 11,200 no..., no way.... cant be for real !! Maybe some Edwards n Magee buf will prove otherwise ? If 1144 and 10550 is 'closed' in a substantial way then we are off to the races to the Niagra cliff edge imo.

The 10d and 18d cycles may have turned up.

Prechter says he received confirmation that the market toped in February and Wave III down about to start.

we will c

Attention new board registrants. It is not a good idea to use your Paypal-subscriber log-in name as your board user name. Please re-register with a different user name.

Tanks!

The Worst President in History!

Worst president in history?

There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq during the month of January..... in the fair city of Detroit (Michigan) there were 35 murders in the month of January. That's one American city folks, about as deadly as the entire war torn country of Iraq! Worst president in history? The following appeared in the Durham, NC local paper as a letter to the editor. Liberals claim President Bush shouldn't have started this war. They complain about his prosecution of it. One liberal recently claimed Bush was the worst president in U.S. history. Let's clear up one point: We didn't start the war on terror. Try to remember, it was started by terrorists BEFORE 9/11. Let's look at the "worst" president and mismanagement claims. Lincoln allowed the US to fall into civil war. How would you like a nice Civil war today? You could go and kill your out of state relatives! FDR led us into World War II. Germany never attacked us: Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost, an average of 112,500 per year. Truman finished that war and started one in Korea, North Korea never attacked us. From 1950-1953,

55,000 lives were lost, an average of 18,333 per year. John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us. I think history might show Eisenhower committed the troops and Kennedy was honoring that commitment. Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost, an average of

5,800 per year. Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent, Bosnia never attacked us. He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions. In the two years since terrorists attacked us, President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Lybia, Iran and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people. We lost 600 soldiers, an average of 300 a year. Bush did all this abroad while not allowing another terrorist attack at home. Worst president in history? Come on! The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking, but... It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound. That was a

51 day operation. We've been looking for evidence of chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records. It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Teddy Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick. It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!! Our military is GREAT!

How may Iraqis have been killed by the US during this time? Who cares about soldiers...They are expected to fight and die...That is the job of a soldier that invades a country...

51 day operation? So far the Iraq war is 365+ days and has cost to date 150 Billion dollars...Iraq is not taken... I guess once it is burnt to the ground and all the Iraqis are reduced to ashes it will be "taken"

But I do see his point about card carrying Liberals being no better...

Direct hit on TASR!

TASR 102.15 -16.55 102.12 102.25 10497202 N 11:14:47

Now I need a some anvils dropped on BRCM and SLAB...prolly should have covered yesterday morning, but what the heck I love these whipsawing stocks...I'm tellin ya that Mercury retrograde thingy is for real...so I cleared my stops! :ph34r:

Direct hit on TASR!

Now I need a some anvils dropped on BRCM and SLAB...prolly should have covered yesterday morning, but what the heck I love these whipsawing stocks...I'm tellin ya that Mercury retrograde thingy is for real...so I cleared my stops! :ph34r:

Good going. TASR is for the true high rollers.

Just to correct any misimpressions, the Headline about the primary trend applied to Bond yield, not to Buck. Buck is still in a primary downtrend. In fact, I think it's rally may have just ended. Bonds, Buck, and stocks will go down together in flight of capital.

Direct hit on TASR!

Yellowfish:

Be careful with BroadSlut.

I'm short that POS too, but Schaeffer noted ultra high put/call ratio and short interest on that stock yesterday.

Yearnings Report comes out on Thursday.

I might cover and wait out the "Body Language Con Call" which is likely on Thurs.

Archived