All That Glitterz...

When you talk about time frames, good ole Doc gets confused. For instance, on a 15 minute chart, what cycle are you talking about? 1 day, 3 day, 5 day? When I use 15 munte bars it's because I want to see if there's evidence of a two day wave. A 60 minute chart is great for the 8 day cycle ec.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Utilimate Oscillator (from Sniffs chart above).

Definition from Tradestation.................The Ultimate Oscillator indicator calculates the sums of the True Ranges of the number of bars specified by the inputs FastLength, MidLength and SlowLength. These sums are divided into the sums of the distance from the close to the low. This value is weighted for the three lengths and plotted on the chart.

Many anal cysts believe divergence between the Ultimate Oscillator as well as a breakout in the trend of the indicator are significant signs. For example, a bullish divergence is said to occur if market prices reach a new low but the indicator does not follow. Conversely, a bearish divergence is said to occur if market prices reach a new high but the indicator does not follow.

Personally, I cant use it. Doesnt work for me. Probably because Tradestation doesnt allow a regression line or moving average of the oscillator to be drawn.

My boss trades almost exclusively on intuition - and very successfully, too. Occasionally he asks my opinion as a technician - as in "isn't it time to sell this issue?" or "does that look like a good buy?" - and almost every time he has nailed almost the exact top or bottom. Amazing.

Wouldn't buy gold (or oil, for that matter), though. Says it's "too political" for him.

Regards,

Vesselin

i trade infrequently and mostly in higher-leverage options positions. i'll spend days looking for something to trade and not find it. when i do, when i'm on the execute screen and my finger is over the left click button i take a second (or a while) and try to feel it. for real, here.

if it's a good trade, it has that....feeling. there's energy there, like a swell. there was a bunch of it this morning with KLAC, and i held off donging calls that went up almost instantaneously. after that it all evaporated. no more energy. a bad trade or rallychasing feels like the inverse - like a vacancy, a sort of black hole sucking you into it.

well, that's probably long enough for IDS. :D

When you talk about time frames, good ole Doc gets confused. For instance, on a 15 minute chart, what cycle are you talking about? 1 day, 3 day, 5 day? When I use 15 munte bars it's because I want to see if there's evidence of a two day wave. A 60 minute chart is great for the 8 day cycle ec.

Well Doc...ditto here....good ole Rockhead gets confused on cycles and timeframes.

When you are looking at an 8 day cycle, I am looking at a 60 minute chart. You look at cycles, and I look at timeframes. Happens, I believe, with a lot of us. I guess I should adjust, as should everyone else using the Stool, since it is your site.

For the record, could you please post your cycles, and what minute timeframes would best correspond with them.

I agree, this is a constant problem among users here. We SHOULD (not shall) adjust out time frame charts to agree more towards Docs cycles. I will make the attempt, but I need a nice little list to work with. I know the Anals talk about such, but for the record a repeat would be nice.

Personally, I am most interested in 1, 3, 5, 15, 30 and 60 mintue timeframes....and their corresponding cycles. I would love it if I could get your cycles with my timeframes to become second nautre...at this point they are not.

Archived