Bullet

Vesselin-

That's a great question. I can't really answer it other than to say it's a right brain left brain thing.

I always forget which is which, but the intuitive side of may brain says not to believe what I see. Perhaps those channels I drew earlier showing that the market did not break a single important resistance level helped.

Also there's the fact that the market has trained everyone to expect a 2-3 day jam. So I'm thinking can't happen because everybody who matters bought yesterday.

Other than that, if the market firms up this afternoon, I'll cover and re-evaluate.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is intersting that the volume of the NYSE has been solidly and overwhelmingly negative all day, yet the Nasdaq net volume is still net positive. Amazing that the Nasdaq is hlding up the market. It must be the stocks that are in both the Dow and Nasdaq that are holing things together - when they crack watch out. imho

Doc, I love asking difficult questions. :D

So, it's just intuition? And you were willing to trade just based on that? Drat, I've never been able to do it. My intuition is simply non-existent when it comes to trading. I must see it in the numbers and in the charts. If I trade on intuition, I'm almost always wrong... :( Oh, well, I guess some have it and some don't. Intuition, that is. ;)

Regards,

Vesselin

Re: CHF

Closed 75% of my hedge for the big bad scary dollar bounce. There was very little change on the option pricing for the March/June contracts I am trading.

Bought some Jun 360 AU calls and when placing the order found out I had a lot of company. Avoiding index/equties for the time being.

Guest AssMaster

SG: Sometimes it helps to take a bit of time off. But remember even the most annoying of us are small children in an adult body. Thinking of it this was makes it easier to put life's irritations in the personal realm into a more rational perspective. And never let children get to you, espially the annoying, obnoxious ones. They probably just want attention.

When I want attention, I just put on a spiffy new outfit! :rolleyes:

PHAT,

Hope you got a little of that miner this morning, it left the station an hour ago. My top pick of the year is starting out strong, just hoping it doesn't fizzle.

TCG

thanks, appreciate it. i hope so too - i put an order in and then my sh*t crashed. took an hour an went for a winter walk to clear the brain. just catching up with thread. don't know if it got tooken or not, but i warn't gonna chase it. will buy on a dip fo sheezy tho.

watch, i'll miss the 12:45 cut here

Archived