B4 The Bell Tuezleday

Guest yobob1

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sinclair also addressing the issue of gold confiscation tonight ... very interesting !

http://www.jsmineset.com

Jim Liles says the gold "confiscation" in the 30's was to bail out the banks, since currency was still based on a gold standard. States there is a zero percent chance of this ever happening again.

There should not be blanket confiscation...

Pete Navarro's outlook ...

"The war in Iraq will continue to require large scale military expenditures, the Bush tax cuts will not be repealed, Congress will not exercise fiscal restraint, and the structural budget deficits will not go away.

Commodity and oil price pressures will continue to grow and create "cost-push" inflationary pressures while the expansionary fiscal and monetary policies of the U.S. will drive GDP growth and rising "demand pull" inflationary pressures.

At some point, China and/or Japan will cut back on their purchases of U.S. bonds and, more broadly, on their currency intervention policies, other foreign countries like Saudi Arabia holding large dollar reserves will start dumping them.

Productivity rates will peak (or have peaked!) and will fall ? perhaps dramatically.

At some point, the Federal Reserve must begin raising short term interest rates in response to all of these factors. "

... and ...

David Aloyan recommends long RRPIX (Profund's Rising Rates Opportunity Fund).

http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/o.../2004/0330.html

This little chart is giving me a little fit. Houston, we have ignition. pfftttttt.......quick - more volume...pffffttt

Another sideways day - hedging is keeping me safe. sold some gold on the nice rally. Trying to be consistent - when I feel happy about my gold stocks I sell some. It works better that way. I keep some as small positions so that when I get worried about their decline I know when to buy more.

This little chart is giving me a little fit. Houston, we have ignition. pfftttttt.......quick - more volume...pffffttt

Another sideways day - hedging is keeping me safe. sold some gold on the nice rally. Trying to be consistent - when I feel happy about my gold stocks I sell some. It works better that way. I keep some as small positions so that when I get worried about their decline I know when to buy more.

Is that not a buy signal?

Sinclair also addressing the issue of gold confiscation tonight ... very interesting !

http://www.jsmineset.com

Jim Liles says the gold "confiscation" in the 30's was to bail out the banks, since currency was still based on a gold standard. States there is a zero percent chance of this ever happening again.

There should not be blanket confiscation...

I'm sure the Linus is dead set against "blanket confiscation".

Archived