B4 The Bell Tuezleday

Guest yobob1

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Foreign exchange should move stably in reflection of fundamentals," the official said.

-By Miyako Takebe

What funnymentals? That the US is growing it's GDP. The only thing we are growing is chapter 7 & 11 files.

DJ Thai Police: Explosives Stolen For Terrorist Use In South

BANGKOK (AP)--Suspected Islamic insurgents stole a large quantity of explosive devices and chemicals from a rock quarrying company for apparent use in "a major attack" in Thailand's Muslim-dominated south, police said Wednesday.

About 10 men broke into the Manoon Rock Grinding factory on Tuesday night in Yala province, tied up two security guards and escaped with the explosives in a truck, said Lt. Gen. Thani Twibsri, the deputy commander of the regional police.

He said 66 bags, each weighing 50 kilograms, of ammonium nitrate, 58 sticks of dynamite, 170 fuses and other objects were missing.

Dow Jones Newswires

DJ Japan MOF Source: Not Surprised By Dlr Below Y105 - Kyodo

TOKYO (Dow Jones)--A Japan Finance Ministry source said Wednesday the dollar's plunge below the Y105 mark was not particularly surprising, and he believes it is the result of speculation ahead of the March 31 end of the current fiscal year, Kyodo News reported.

The dollar fell below Y105 in Tokyo Wednesday for the first time since June 2000.

The source declined to comment on specific yen levels, but said there is no change in the ministry's stance on foreign exchange rates, Kyodo reported.

"There is no change in our position just because it is the end of the fiscal year. We will take necessary action against speculative movements," the source said, according to the report.

Many Japanese companies will today close their books for fiscal 2003.

At 0445 GMT, the dollar was trading around Y104.26, sharply down from Y105.64 in New York Tuesday.

Dow Jones Newswires

This is to add to all the good work Sleddog has done here. It's what really matters, in the long run. This is what it really looks like out there.

http://www.startribune.com/stories/535/4692685.html

More than 72,000 unemployed workers are competing for about 29,000 job openings in the metro Twin Cities area, according to an analysis of state jobs data reported Monday by the Jobs Now Coalition, a St. Paul group that advocates for low-wage workers.

The seven-county metro region had a 70 percent drop in job openings in the three years that ended in December 2003, according to an analysis by Jobs Now of the state's Job Vacancy Survey. More than a third of the current openings were for part-time work, and half of those paid $9 an hour or less.

A Scotch relative of mine also named bruce was walking home from the Pub and got home two hours late. His Lass gave him hell. He said I was walking home through the cow pasture and the wind came up and blew me tam off. That is why i am late I had to try on several dozen before i found me own.

Archived