See-saw

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

end............on top of it all sitting in front of screen all day endeavoring

to trade induces in one a constant stream of primative sub-conscience

emotions........"fight or flight". I have been told that steady exposure to this builds up a chemical imbalance...........................

I feel that's true because after market closes I often times feel like

kicking holes through walls in house.

Certain form of Calcium is supposed to help.

The bottom line for me is that trading these days is far removed from investing.........it's like Nintendo Game

Short and holding.

Same here, End. Fully loaded. ;)

I think today's action in the Nasty was pretty bearish. Not because it closed below the 200-day MA cuz I find price behavior to be irratic around the 200 -- like a ship without a rudder. Besides volume was lighter today.

Two things, though. First the old cardinal rule "ignore the opening follow the close" (or something to that effect) puts the bears in the driver's seat today. Second is found in the following short-term price-by-volume chart.

Notice that the first time the Nasty closed below the resistance cluster at 1475, prices spent three days testing the top of the bar. When it took out the cluster around 1440, two tests of the BOTTOM of the bar sent prices reeling. Today the bulls tried to fill yesterday's gap and were turned away at the bottom of the 1400 cluster. :o

Now if we can get a close below yesterday's low, especially on a volume pickup, methinks the fireworks really begin...

post-20-1080083797_thumb.gif

The fist fight between Clarke and the Bushman has Shrub releasing the attack Dogs. Just read an article detailing that "Big Swinging Dick" had emerged from his Bunker to appear on the Rush (got any pills-Big Dick?) Limbaugh show where the two them described Clarke as a lowly peon who had been passed over for promotion. Forgetting of course that he had done the job for 4 Presidents 3 of whom were Republican. Now apparently former and current Whitehouse staffers are coming to Clarkes aid-looks like Shrub and Dick have put their foot in some doggy-doo. Tonites Wavestrength Report-states" that the Bush Administration is re-rating fast food workers from "Service" to "manufacturing" in an effort to reduce the reported number of lost factory-floor jobs." I know the Sheeple are Stupid but for the administration to do this indicates they are even dumber and that the whole house of cards is imploding. ;)

The fist fight between Clarke and the Bushman has Shrub releasing the attack Dogs. Just read an article detailing that "Big Swinging Dick" had emerged from his Bunker to appear on the Rush (got any pills-Big Dick?) Limbaugh show where the two them described Clarke as a lowly peon who had been passed over for promotion. Forgetting of course that he had done the job for 4 Presidents 3 of whom were Republican. Now apparently former and current Whitehouse staffers are coming to Clarkes aid-looks like Shrub and Dick have put their foot in some doggy-doo. Tonites Wavestrength Report-states" that the Bush Administration is re-rating fast food workers from "Service" to "manufacturing" in an effort to reduce the reported number of lost factory-floor jobs." I know the Sheeple are Stupid but for the administration to do this indicates they are even dumber and that the whole house of cards is imploding. ;)

:mellow:

These thugs are filthy -- plain and simple...

I still think Dick Clark's credability is shot and this will blow over.

WASHINGTON - The White House, seeking to cool criticism from a former top anti-terror adviser, said Tuesday that Richard Clarke's resignation letter praised President Bush (news - web sites)'s "courage, determination, calm and leadership" on Sept. 11, 2001.

"It has been an enormous privilege to serve you these last 24 months," said the Jan. 20, 2003, letter from Clarke to Bush. "I will always remember the courage, determination, calm, and leadership you demonstrated on September 11th."

The letter was stamped "the president has seen" the next day.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid...ser_3&printer=1

As for reclassifying fast food workers, thats outrageous.

I know a lot of you don't put a lot of stock in astrology and its effect on the markets- but I do-it is like any other indicator not 100% and often wrong. But more often right-I can tell you that tomorrow from an astrology perspective is NASTY, very nasty- so we shall see-keep an open mind. ;)

With respect to the record levels of credit card debt balances being carried by consumers, I recall having heard Greenspan recently say something similar to this in response to a direct question about whether he found it troubling that citizens were carrying such a heavy credit card debt balance:

"Household balance sheets are in pretty good shape. These high levels of credit card use are more a reflection of the change in the way that today's consumers choose to pay for their purchases than anything else."

Memo to Al:

If they were actually ever getting around to "paying" for their purchases, they would not be carrying record debt levels. The question was not about methods of purchase, it was about credit card debt balances being carried on a month over month basis. But you obviously knew that, and were merely obfuscating...dodging the question...basically lying...right?

TE,

I'm right there with you. My instincts say cover now, take the money and run.

I'm thankful that I have this support group.

BTW, my own cycle work suggests that we retest the Oct 2002 lows sometime late this summer. Just thought I'd throw that out there. ;)

I'm glad I am not the only one. Well, not really.

Late this summer I expect a retest of 960. If we get to 768, I will tip my hit to ya. :)

Q: "Mr. Greenjeans, in the months since the bursting of the global housing bubble, increasing numbers of our citizens here in the United States have taken to camping out in our State and National Parks for lack of other shelter alternatives in the cities. Don't you feel any degree of responsibility for having encouraged these former homeowners to forego their fixed rate mortgages back in 2004 in lieu of cash-out refis and adjustable rate mortgages just prior to the greatest bout of stagflation in the history of the world?"

A: "I admire the intestinal fortitude of these hearty souls, and admire the lifestyle choice that they have elected for themselves. I'm actually thinking about taking Andrea camping in St. Tropez next weekend."

Archived