Weak End B4 The Bell

Sh*t, I wondered were everybody went. I forgot about the weekend edition.

Brian,

You asked about layoffs the other day. Well it looks like they are picking up again after slowing the past 2 weeks.

HRLive Layoff Report ( rough count is 17440 new layoffs in North America) and that does not include the 6,600 Bombadier layoffs as they are mostly in Europe.

http://www.hrlive.com/layoffs.php

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The top three headlines from CNN News at 8:49 pm:

??U.S. drops all charges against Muslim chaplain

??Bush touts progress, Iraqis protest

??Soldiers to be charged with abusing [iraqi] detainees

http://www.cnn.com/

Truly, glasnost (openness) has come, even to darkest America.

The genie cannot be put back in the bottle now.

My heart is open to the cosmos.

That shit is all opened up in the cosmos.

- Flea, Off the Map DVD

"THE chief executive of the British Olympic Association has threatened to withdraw the British team from the Athens games this summer unless its security can be guaranteed."

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=323392004

Maybe it's because last time I think Lithuania got more medals than the Brits!

Glad to see you big bears doing well this week. I think there must be more Scottish here than people are letting on with the way you managed to squeeze profits out this week.

Good job Brian et al on the calls.

RTB

It is already over...It was over decades ago...It was over the second we were all born...

Hyper, first let me say once again I LOVE YOUR RANTS, I envy your writing abilities

having said that, I have to say , I am enjoying the show, even though I realize that in The End it will probably touch me in ways that I will not find pleasing, but it certainly has been a facinating decade, I guess ,in a perverse sort of way, I am pleased that I see the end and so so many others are blind.

PS if we miss your deadline please stick around, you are right,

If Clarkes's book creates a stink, John Pilger's evidence may bring the walls tumbing down:

AUSTRALIAN investigative journalist John Pilger says he has evidence the war against Iraq was based on a lie that could cost George W. Bush and Tony Blair their jobs and bring Prime Minister John Howard down with them.

?

A television report by Pilger aired on British screens overnight said US Secretary of State Colin Powell and National Security Adviser Condoleeza Rice confirmed in early 2001 that Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein had been disarmed and was no threat.

?

But after the terrorist attacks on New York and Washington on September 11 that year, Pilger claimed Rice said the US "must move to take advantage of these new opportunities" to attack Iraq and claim control of its oil.

Turds on the run

Pilger uncovered video footage of Powell in Cairo on February 24, 2001 saying, "He (Saddam Hussein) has not developed any significant capability with respect to weapons of mass destruction. He is unable to project conventional power against his neighbours."

?

Two months later, Rice reportedly said, "We are able to keep his arms from him. His military forces have not been rebuilt."

Uh-OH! No convenient 17-1/2-minute gap in the tape this time! The liars are caught flat-footed with their pants on fire! Already aired on Britain's ITV network.

hang on a sec...did Condie and Colon say this stuff to the camera in an empty room? Who were they talking to at the time? Who was conducting the interview? Why did not those people step up and chirp like a canary during the debate in the run up to the Iraq invasion? I want to believe this is a big deal, but there's no way it will be. And why does this shit always come out on Friday nights?

This week was disgusting. Abject, obvious full frontal manips of all markets, and it almost didn;t work. All the world is a stage....literally. Welcome to the Truman Show.

Dem presidential candidate John Kerry called his secret service agent a "son of a bitch" after the agent inadvertently moved into his path during a ski mishap in Idaho, sending Kerry falling into the snow.

When asked a moment later about the incident by a reporter on the ski run, Kerry said sharply, "I don't fall down," the "son of a b*itch knocked me over."

http://www.drudgereport.com/kerryid2.htm

Reminds me of the movie "Dave" where Ving Rhames tells Dave (the fake President) "I'd of taken a bullet for you, Sir".

:lol:

Yeah, right!!

Dem presidential candidate John Kerry called his secret ," the "son of a b*itch knocked me over."

the last Pres. to use that sort of language was Truman. I think Truman was a good Pres. a straight shooter. ( but then again he started the worlds only nuclear war, hope history doesn't rhyme on that one

Guest Icky Twerp

with assurances that I do not contest the venerable Yobob nor HT. . .

</rule 5 off>

I still see, somewhat incongruously, hyper-inflation leading to hyper-deflation, and a CRASH. . . but exactly where the crash occurs is what perplexes me now. . . is it possible to get a crash while still in hyper-inflation mode?

This has all gone on too long to end "muddle thru". . .I can see the formerly invisible hand quite clearly now. . . can't you all?

I'm in Scottsdale AZ, flush with yuppie eateries & pubs crowded with free-spenders till late-at-night. . .but they do not fill me with short-term optimisim, as I infer from the writings of M2M, but rather more conclusive doom & gloom.

In this state, I fear, a very unattractive side of my personality comes out, as I wait with anticipation, mostly, hardly any dread of the financial apocalypse indisputably headed for us. Fools! you deserve what you will get! :lol:

I see everyday at work people begrudging their honest labor, slacking out of some imagined resentment, unaware or uncaring that similar drudges in India or PRague would shoulder their burden gladly, without complaint.

I see smug, fat, soft, white people luxurating at resorts, totally oblivious in their HumVees & Lexae cruising from velvet greenery to posh eatery --

I don't care that the eternal footman snickers while he helps ME on with my coat -- I'm snickering too... hell, I'm LAUGHING.

Anybody that's not on board the Stoolibus... EFFF YOU!

May the Anti Matrix bless all Stoolies...

<Rule 5 ON>

</rule 5 off>

I still see, somewhat incongruously, hyper-inflation leading to hyper-deflation, and a CRASH. . . but exactly where the crash occurs is what perplexes me now. . . is it possible to get a crash while still in hyper-inflation mode?

This has all gone on too long to end "muddle thru". . .I can see the formerly invisible hand quite clearly now. . . can't you all?

I'm in Scottsdale AZ, flush with yuppie eateries & pubs crowded with free-spenders till late-at-night. . .but they do not fill me with short-term optimisim, as I infer from the writings of M2M, but rather more conclusive doom & gloom.

In this state, I fear, a very unattractive side of my personality comes out, as I wait with anticipation, mostly, hardly any dread of the financial apocalypse indisputably headed for us. Fools! you deserve what you will get! :lol:

I see everyday at work people begrudging their honest labor, slacking out of some imagined resentment, unaware or uncaring that similar drudges in India or PRague would shoulder their burden gladly, without complaint.

I see smug, fat, soft, white people luxurating at resorts, totally oblivious in their HumVees & Lexae cruising from velvet greenery to posh eatery --

I don't care that the eternal footman snickers while he helps ME on with my coat -- I'm snickering too... hell, I'm LAUGHING.

<Rule 5 ON>

uhhh.. I wanted to say that but I had writers block..

well done Icky

</rule 5 off>

<Rule 5 ON>

Word.

I suscribe to the hyperinflation followed by deflation scenario, but I'm starting to think (barring a man made or terrorist shutdown of our financial systme) that we will go through ever quickening cycles of expansion and contraction by CBs until the final blowoff hyperinflation. These cycles may take a few months, then a few weeks, then we reach the irreversable blowout.

I remain totally convinced that whatever tightness AG & company brings to bear in the short run will be reversed at the first sign of trouble.

Expansion modes may bring the market up again when they occur. In the Weimar Republic, the stock market advanced in Reichmarks but fell tremendously behind in gold adjusted terms. So near the end, don't buy stocks! ;)

You know Icky-you hit a nerve-this is a TIME for HARD Men and Hard Women-I am always surprised at the number of well informed people who are afraid, fearful - Of the MATRIX! The END and I talked twice today not about FEAR but about how this BEAST walked off the cliff-this isn't a GAME for Kids but for Grizzled old PRO's-Bring it on Boyz-Bring it ON! Lock n'Load! ;)

Guest Icky Twerp

B$,

I know youse guys (you & TE) are hard men. I don't know what I am. I know I see the Truth. I hate confrontations, but I wind up in a few because I believe in the "Sometimes a Great Notion" theory:

"If you pretend you are weak, you ARE weak, but if you pretend you are strong, no one will know the difference"

This doesn't mean empty bluster, it means doing what's right -- what HAS to be done -- no matter how dangerous it seems. It means that a cornered mouse is just as brave as a free-ranging lion.

Read the writing on the wall.

Read it and weep.

Read it and do what has to be done.

Eff the Matrix, they've already hosed themselves.

Archived