Bumping Its Head

PAYtience. Lots of $ has to go dong, t'is the new year. Let them jack things up for the new $ = better shorting opportunities. Expecting more jamming tomorrow.

Any statistics that are above estimates is bullish, economy is turning around, ra ra ra, new year, etc...snore. Any statistics coming in below estimates are ignored - anamoly, noise, whatever.

Oh how quickly this can all turn around - remember, earnings excuse season is just warming up. :grin:

Pretty boy AMZN looks to me like it could run for a bit to the upside - last week I figured it'd be around 21 already. Chart looks like a dong to me but I never would unlike my brave fellow AMZN short sniff. :o

Wanted to get 5k RFMD dong before new years at 7.20...didn't pull the trigger. :angry: Three times during last year I thought RFMD was going to crash below $5, three times I watched it reach the brink and roar back..grr. It'll get there, eventually.

Thinking about donging some MU, unbelieveable. *hmm*

COCO and AMZN are going to be on my short stool list, hehe - probably early next week or so.

War...earnings excuse season...popping housing bubble...etc...stay the course.

Mumblings of an economic stimulus will be good for a couple day market jam as well - hmm, shall we go over all of Japan's failed market stimulus plans? :lol:

In my neck of the woods (Rochester, NY)...lots of unhappy campers. For instance, Frontier (owned by Citizens Communications) has laid of people in droves...most recently laid off 700+ (across US) even though they are hitting their numbers and selling properties (utility in hawaii, etc.)...murmors of paying down lots of long-term debt, buying back stock, etc. Basically nothing to do with lots of incoming cash. Be nimble.

What about all these companies coming out of bankrupty like the old Williams Communications (WilTel or whatever)...they should be able to kick the stool out of the competition.

We should have a poll for listing what companies we think will go bankrupt in 2003....who's on your stool list? =)

Sorry so long!

AgentSmith

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The CoinGuy

Almost Forgot,

CoinGuy's largest %age gainer for the mining sector in 2003:

TOP PICK: WHT - Wheat River Mining

and were off to a good start,

The CoinGuy

Somebody stop me before I hurt myself. I'm thinking of shorting the next pop. Or at least at the close for the inevitable gap down tomorrow morning.

I need help... :wacko:

I can?t see it as one-day wonder. They need to unload inventory at a higher price. Close at today?s high we should gap down then gap fill will come into play.

I'm not a day trader, but I wouldn't short the QQQ's at the close, hoping for a gap down in the Friday am.

I think the rally makes the front pages across America in the morning and Joe wades back in at just the wrong moment.

My feel would be to wait until about 90 minutes in tomorrow morning and then pull the trigger.

But, as I say, I'm not a day trader.

I'm not going to vote Doc because my choice isn't in the poll which is to wait until Friday afternoon. Of course take into account that's what I am thinking of doing. So, like PDoody, you may want to do something else.

Slothrop has a good point as well. At least wait until the wacky hour (or hour and a half) is over tomorrow.

Archived