The Violinist

SG chimes in

None of this rally surprises an E Waver like me.... even dumbass Prechter was negative on Monday night...

Wave 2 must retrace at least 38% of wave 1 down, and we never got that retracement upward off the Dec 2 highs...

ST cycles people can misinterpret, but the waves always hit my targets at some point...

Many disbelievers in this rally this morning Im sure.... dont short it....

Check my several posts over last week or two on the LOB SG threads.... at any rate.... let the market come to you, then short it.... dont force it here.... its going to rally more than likely til Jan 9 or 10.... if not a tad longer...

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to embellish on this, under most circumstances, the times would not change because the reference points are fixed. Once in a while, I look back in retorspect and see that the benchmark high or low wasn't where I thought relative to the wave envelope, so I adjust from the new reference point. That happens occasionally on the daily charts. But it's relatively unusal intraday.

Yep, we are going to need at least one or several minor cycles to work this off, I think. I'm not one to go dong, but I'd be really patient about shorting this. I like to wait for the first lower high.

Don't see this thing lasting until 1/10. It only lasted until 1/7 last year if memory serves, and prospects were much brighter then (from the bull perspective). That said, silly me for thinking the markets would be "smarter" this time around, and not be as prone to meltup days this year......

The percussionist that PDoody (I think) mentioned is Evelyn Glennie, who is profoundly deaf but plays as a soloist with orchestras. She plays barefoot and feels the vibration from the stage floor with her feet, which enables her to stay with the orchestra. Amazing to see.

I tried to post this earlier and crashed again -- several times this a.m. Suddenly it seems more stable here (the site that is :D ) so I'm suspicious of the sound files. If I were Doc I would have typed "the" sound files... :grin:

Okay, I'll try to post this, crash, and re-boot now......

Thanks Doc. I'll remember that for intraday. SG saw this coming and I wouldn't argue with him. It's just too much too soon. I suppose the reasons don't matter but Windsrfer mentioned he was covering shorts on open for profits in new year. I wonder how much of that is feeding this in the first hour of the new year. Well I shorted SPY for a scalp. We'll see.

Archived