Marijuana Burnouts

Interesting approach to a growing problem in the industrialized world:

best1!.588.jpg

Robots as caregivers to an ageing population

Musicians look out -Outsourcing by another name. Heard a clip on the news where I thought they didn't sound too bad.

However, Just wait till they start playing electric guitar and drums. I can see it now - the late night software parties, mechanical groupies, robots overdosing on WD40. It will only end in tears :grin:

This is no joke--it only lacks a premonitory vision of an adolescent generation's use of these toys--the day when a hyper-venerealized super-eroticised fanatically hygeine conscious adolescent populatiion will begin to pin corsages on these bugle blowing suckers on Prom night--

beardrech :ph34r: :cry: Well son--How was your date last night?

Crap Dad,the bitch had 250,000 miles on her and no oil cchange for a year

Reality predates Fiction

:blink:

Maria.jpg

"Between the brain that plans and the hand that builds, there must be a mediator - the heart that loves."

and the hands that build, there must be a mediator?the hear

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pigeon:

I currently hold 40% of my liquid cash in two High Yield bond funds, NBHIX and STHBX. The yield was about 10% last year and is running about 6% this year.

I know that some of the members of this board will hardly consider these funds as "safe", but I do.

Unlike many members of this board I do see the economy continuing to recover at a subpar rate. It is bad for people, but just fine for companies. Rates will continue to be low and, consequently, High Yield will be a fairly safe home for the foreseeable furture.

When it's not you will have ample opportunity to move your $$$ out without getting your head handed to you.

gtn

My limited understanding of what some stoolies have been saying is that the crypto-inflationary forces(invisible to the sheeple's eye)forces us to cut alleged bond rates in half and half again--

Please explain how you arrive at 10 real percent when prices of evrything are currently ten percent fiat and one hundred and ten percent bullshit-

Do you see a replay of Volker and company and if so why not the more perilous alternative so eloquently described by hyper?

beardrech :ph34r: This isn't an episode of Dragnet Punk--

What do I care --I only watch repeats of Mr Rogers Nab

Higher and higher amounts of credit are necessary to sink Joe Six into a stupor and raise his self esteem. Because he knows he's drowning in debt, unable to face the reality of how he will pay this stuff off. So he binges on more credit, trying to "outrun" his troubles by piling on more "stuff" to provide him with the appearances of being well off.

Observations from cheeshead country:

Yesterday, I spent about an hour at the local Best Buy here in NE Wisconsin. The parking lot was packed. Ended up purchasing a Mitsubishi projection television on sale and with 2 yrs, no interest. During my stay I watched at least a dozen others buy them all on credit. Are they like me? Could easily write a check, but why?

I'll keep the cash and not hand it over until I must.

People are piling up credit because 0% is the psychological factor that makes it almost like having it for free, at least during the initial low rate period, incredible incentive for instant gratification and to get it NOW, worry later!

Can you imagine what would happen if credit cards sunk to sub 3% or even 5%??

The housing market here is very tight and still very much a seller's market. There were some signs of weakening in Fall but that all seems to have vanished. Recent parade of homes had a record turn out. The only people I know still in the market are either low income and priced out of even most modest homes as values have soared, even though they can get the credit OR the high end that are never satisfied.

Used to see a least a few rusty junkers on the road, now a very rare sighting, even at the high schools. New truck and SUV saturation really amazing here in the north!

Anyway outside of the job situation, the economy here is once again smokin'

and we are partying like its 1999!

Hank

The description of this Boschian mob of moronic credit-seeking crazies deserves the presence of a Ruth Benedict;she did justice to the Washington State (?)Kwakiutle tribes during their potlatch days--the difference being: the Kwaks burnt their posessions for prestige rather than use them--

beardrech-- :ph34r: Why do you worship mammon? Because i like things with nipples on them

GTNWORSE @ Mar 14 2004, 02:44 PM)

Pigeon:

I currently hold 40% of my liquid cash in two High Yield bond funds, NBHIX and STHBX. The yield was about 10% last year and is running about 6% this year.

I know that some of the members of this board will hardly consider these funds as "safe", but I do.

I do own some of thes kind bond fund, i.e, NHFIX PHYDX

The holding of these kind fund is "scary", yet, its risk rating is low! where Pimco's total return, Fedrate's FICMX has hgher risk rating.

See attached chart.

NBHIX

http://www.quicken.com/investments/holdings/?p=NBHIX&tag=1

STHBX

http://www.quicken.com/investments/holdings/?p=STHBX

post-7-1079326995.jpg

The Financial Times confirms its status as a Matrix bullhorner and fiat currency purveyor:

The IMF needs considerable reform: its voting structure is out of date; its resources are too small;

The IMF's Next Chief

Britain used to have two great independent business newspapers, the FT and The Economist. Both have long since been bought out and co-opted by Matrix interests.

Though they do offer better global coverage than the painfully provincial U.S. press, you still have to read between the lines to filter out the lies and propaganda.

More money for the IMF to waste on Turkey, Brazil, and Argentina?

In Japan, a former British ambassador confirms his status as a Matrix operative too - by condoning the most rapid expansion of a G-7s country's monetary base in the post WWII period.

Kyodo News Service; Mar 14, 2004

David Wright, a former British ambassador to Japan and now senior executive at a British investment bank, has praised Bank of Japan (BOJ) Governor Toshihiko Fukui for fighting against deflation during his first year in office.

"Mr. Fukui has maintained a very clear stance on the question of beating deflation," said Wright, vice chairman of Barclays Capital, referring to the BOJ's aggressive action under Fukui's quantitative credit-easing policy.

Wright expects the BOJ to stick to its current policy framework at least until "about a year from now" despite waning deflationary pressure and consumer prices moving up close to zero percent on a year-on-year basis.

Fukui has said the BOJ will maintain its quantitative easing policy, which is unprecedented in the history of central banks, until year-on-year changes in the consumer price index stabilize at or above zero percent.

not unlike the ciitizens of Detroit who,some while ago,seeing a startled and deluded,crazed young woman perched on the railing of a bridge--started gathering around her yelling-Jump-you bitch--Jump why dontcha?

In this case "Jump,Fukui,Jump why doncha--I say Old chap,for our aristocratic financial sakes, why dont you leap to your financial death?Bitch!

beardrech :ph34r: :cry: I hate all sorts of spectator sports

Plunger,

Had dinner last night with old friends who are in the same boat I'm in, looking for good value in buying a retirement home somewhere. Their choice is Cape Cod (too cold for me), but they can't seem to find anything they would want to live in for less than 700K-800K. A big problem for them is that their beautiful home in Sidney, Ohio hasn't appreciated much at all, so they aren't even close to a trade up.

My guess is that you're right and that there will be a stunning shakeout in the housing market.

But I wonder how many boomers are in this same boat, watching and waiting.

Chi-

Start thinking as if you were a Chicagoan--for example searching for your own permanent retirement home,unless it were Rosehill,is a little premature:the search,given all of our post-apocalyptic imagery, should be a permanent safe refuge for all of your bullion,shares ,forign bonds annuities etc--

As for your personal home you might begin by envisioning a seriies of apartments randomly rented, as various sectors of the globe-- become unihabitable--I see myself ,for instance, as riding on a horse and wagon ,with Maria Ouskinspaya riding shotgun ,both of us 'neath a misty moon,her rather unkempt hairy son hiding in the wagon moaning beneath some heavy Persian carpets--

Meanwhile I pay enormous rents to house my "assets" in a cool lead lined Swiss grotto--composed of 6000 jars of greek olives--all reserved for the day that starts the post apocalyptic partying and merrymaking when made Manahattens will require the obligatory olive--

beardrech-- :ph34r: :cry: What else d'ya have shacked wid yer olives?

20,000 1929 calenders--Aged to perfection

dude,

martinis get an olive.... i think manhattans get a cherry?

as we used to say:What is an olive?:Nothing more than an old man's cherry gone green with envy--

beardrech: :ph34r: :cry: How was your date last nite Pop?

Great son I popped her olive---

Damn--I wished i had gone to school and studied drinking--the horror

The Financial Times confirms its status as a Matrix bullhorner and fiat currency purveyor:

The IMF needs considerable reform: its voting structure is out of date; its resources are too small;

The IMF's Next Chief

Britain used to have two great independent business newspapers, the FT and The Economist. Both have long since been bought out and co-opted by Matrix interests.

Though they do offer better global coverage than the painfully provincial U.S. press, you still have to read between the lines to filter out the lies and propaganda.

More money for the IMF to waste on Turkey, Brazil, and Argentina?

But George Soros likes this idea, and want to insure the funds to lower their rate? Does anyone know exactly what he likes and doesn't like?

http://www.google.com/search?q=george+soros+imf

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/sh...iews/soros.html

"Unfortunately, people didn't understand what a currency board was, but they understood what devaluation was. I then got blamed for the collapse of the market."

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/slavery.htm

Early in 1907, Jacob Schiff, the Rothschild-owned boss of Kuhn, Loeb and Co., in a speech to the New York Chamber of Commerce, warned that "unless we have a Central Bank with adequate control of credit resources, this country is going to undergo the most severe and far reaching money panic in its history."

http://www.geocities.com/ecocorner/intelarea/gs15.html

"Instead of increasing the Fund's capacities, the IMF is being cut down and constrained, very much based on this market fundamentalist position that we should leave it to the markets. That, I think, is very dangerous, because markets are, in fact, unstable and they do need guidance from something like a central bank."

I want to hear Soros talking with Jim Rogers about this. How far from each other do they live?

Rogers, James B

352 Riverside Dr

New York, NY 10025-2731

Soros, George

180 Cantitoe St

Katonah, NY 10536-3804

Derchstahhhh, u r a HOOT.

Bare I looked up that Iraqui war site and up came upon a page that looked something like the Cairo gazette with letters resembling heirogluphics; but upon closer inspection i recognized an alphabet that appeared to have gone spastic; and then it dawned on me that it was the footprint of good old St Cyrill himself--

And then the appearance of the british flag seemed to Announce--Land! Land Ho--only to have revealed to me an Index,really a labarynth with a thousand entrees all leading nowhere where were ther pictures???

beardrech

p.s east is red --Thanks for the fleshlight reference--If you care to see a great visionary who anticipated,not too too specifically,such things,then read DH Lawrence's "And the Woman Too Shall Labor""----Read with patience, he all of a sudden, becomes absolutely contemporanous--shockingly so---

good knight all of you sweet princes--i bid you adieu,tray four and I knock on five Gin-my pot you rummies --And tommorrow-being St Crispins day What if our cause be not just??? etc etc--

MERCILESS WAS RIGHT

QUOTE (wndysrf @ Jan 15 2004, 12:55 AM)

So, I see that "beat by a penny" Merciless the spoos trader is back to get everyone short before the next Boner Blast.....

Say something, you coward......

WOooooooowwwwwwwwWWWzzzZZZZAAAAAaaaaaaaa

"Ol`a to the faithful.

Gee how 'bout this pos market pushing on a string trying to suck the suckers in???/ bwahahahhaahhahahahaahhahahaa

ooooooooohhhh yeah bro. This fatazzed hawg looks good n' ready, dont it. When you peruse that 60 min on the spooz doesn't your head just swim counting the upticks to infinity which is CLEARLY CLEARLY where we are going . bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

Actually mid jan was the exact top.

Anybody who followed Merciless's advice would be very well off.

Merciless nailed it.

The key is to develop a flexible mindset that is properly attuned to the rythms of the market.

You have to tune out most of the market "noise" - bullhorning - short term action -market pundits with vested interests and conflicted agendas etc

Plunger,

Had dinner last night with old friends who are in the same boat I'm in, looking for good value in buying a retirement home somewhere. Their choice is Cape Cod (too cold for me), but they can't seem to find anything they would want to live in for less than 700K-800K. A big problem for them is that their beautiful home in Sidney, Ohio hasn't appreciated much at all, so they aren't even close to a trade up.

My guess is that you're right and that there will be a stunning shakeout in the housing market.

But I wonder how many boomers are in this same boat, watching and waiting.

Chi-

Start thinking as if you were a Chicagoan--for example searching for your own permanent retirement home,unless it were Rosehill,is a little premature:the search,given all of our post-apocalyptic imagery, should be a permanent safe refuge for all of your bullion,shares ,forign bonds annuities etc--

As for your personal home you might begin by envisioning a seriies of apartments randomly rented, as various sectors of the globe-- become unihabitable--I see myself ,for instance, as riding on a horse and wagon ,with Maria Ouskinspaya riding shotgun ,both of us 'neath a misty moon,her rather unkempt hairy son hiding in the wagon moaning beneath some heavy Persian carpets--

Meanwhile I pay enormous rents to house my "assets" in a cool lead lined Swiss grotto--composed of 6000 jars of greek olives--all reserved for the day that starts the post apocalyptic partying and merrymaking when made Manahattens will require the obligatory olive--

beardrech-- :ph34r: :cry: What else d'ya have shacked wid yer olives?

20,000 1929 calenders--Aged to perfection

beardrech,

Here's someone else for you to consider to ride shotgun:

diana.jpg

MERCILESS WAS RIGHT

So, I see that "beat by a penny" Merciless the spoos trader is back to get everyone short before the next Boner Blast.....

"Ol`a to the faithful.

Gee how 'bout this pos market pushing on a string trying to suck the suckers in???/ bwahahahhaahhahahahaahhahahaa

ooooooooohhhh yeah bro. This fatazzed hawg looks good n' ready, dont it. When you peruse that 60 min on the spooz doesn't your head just swim counting the upticks to infinity which is CLEARLY CLEARLY where we are going . bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa

Merciless nailed it.

The key is to develop a flexible mindset that is properly attuned to the rythms of the market.

You have to tune out most of the market "noise" - bullhorning - short term action -market pundits with vested interests and conflicted agendas etc

WOooooooowwWWWWZZzzzaaaaaaa

Jimbo,

Thanks for the defense. I appreciate it. It bs like this why I don't post here anywhere near as much as I used to, Wyndy's whole speil(sp?) just got very very very very tiresome...like his latest :

"A seasoned trader would have waited.....two more weeks...blah blah blah"

Yeah allstar and Jimmy cracked corn...

Oh sweet, how nice of Wyndy to list those trades of mine as simpy "winners" versus the "losers" !!!! No kid you have to look at the dollar amount gained, i.e the net dollars "won" versus "lost".

because in my world that's what a P&L consists of allstar.

this place has really gone to pot.... its a joke... a "moderator" has the nads to call a poster a "coward" but is himself waaaayyyy too chickenshit to admit that he went over the line.

Doc, its been a blast.

Like The End, Mousy, Piles, Aussie, Torah and the others you can add my name to list of "once upon a time M2Mers" who just got sick and tired of having to fight the markets and our "home away from home".

happy trails stool.

Merciless

MERCILESS WAS RIGHT

"Ol`a to the faithful.

Merciless nailed it.

WOooooooowwWWWWZZzzzaaaaaaa

Jimbo,

Thanks for the defense. I appreciate it. It bs like this why I don't post here anywhere near as much as I used to, Wyndy's whole speil(sp?) just got very very very very tiresome...like his latest :

"A seasoned trader would have waited.....two more weeks...blah blah blah"

Yeah allstar and Jimmy cracked corn...

Oh sweet, how nice of Wyndy to list those trades of mine as simpy "winners" versus the "losers" !!!! No kid you have to look at the dollar amount gained, i.e the net dollars "won" versus "lost".

because in my world that's what a P&L consists of allstar.

this place has really gone to pot.... its a joke... a "moderator" has the nads to call a poster a "coward" but is himself waaaayyyy too chickenshit to admit that he went over the line.

Doc, its been a blast.

Like The End, Mousy, Piles, Aussie, Torah and the others you can add my name to list of "once upon a time M2Mers" who just got sick and tired of having to fight the markets and our "home away from home".

happy trails stool.

Merciless

Cant wwe just get along??? Ok so i drove my Dodge dart 155 kilometers per hour with an alcohol content that turned my blood stream int 99.44% Applejack and in the process annihalated half the kindrergarten class of your local elementary school---

Still-ther's no reason for continuing tp bite each others back--if nothing else the hairballs are enough to choke a goat---

RemeMber

Sticks and stones may break my bones

And names may maim my soul

BUT SAGACIOUS T &A IS NOT A VICE

And just might-- thiS very night--

Keep me off the dole

BEARDRECH :ph34r: :ph34r: :cry: wHAT i SAY JUST MAY BE TRUE---BUT I DONT NECESSARILY HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY IT!!!

Archived