"They"

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Argentina today may miss a $3.1 billion loan payment to the International Monetary Fund, two years after it defaulted on $99 billion of bonds.? ? ? ? ?

President Nestor Kirchner has said he won't make the payment unless he gets assurances from the IMF that it would free this month a $3.1 billion loan to the nation.

- Bloomberg News

Argentina's strategy is clear enough: "No net loss of cash flow." (Echoing the famous call of The Environmental President, Bush I, for "no net loss of wetlands.")

Since the debt is never going to be paid anyway, it doesn't matter how large the theoretical principal and interest becomes.

Just keep the cash flowing in (preferably in back-to-back payment/new loan transactions, where the cash is instantly round-tripped between the Argentina and IMF accounts in New York) and everything will be fine.

97% of Argentines support President Nestor Kirchner policy towards the IMF.

Why noy? Zero down, zero interest, zero monthly paments.

The "Argentina Model" could be used as a plan to keep the real estate bubble going. Messy and time consuming defaults, foreclosures, and bankruptcies could be forever eliminated. :D

97% of Argentines support President Nestor Kirchner policy towards the IMF.

Why not?  Zero down, zero interest, zero monthly paments.

The "Argentina Model" could be used as a plan to keep the real estate bubble going.  Messy and time consuming defaults, foreclosures, and bankruptcies could be forever eliminated. :D

It's a waiting game, HB.

If Argentina waits long enough, the G7 rich world will blow up. It will be too preoccupied with its own survival to send an expedition to Argentina to seize collateral.

The IMF has the weak hand here. Because if one big debtor is publicly seen to stiff it, then they all walk. The IMF has no street cred.

DJIA: The MACD and STOCHIASTICS ARE SIGNALLING A PULLBACK

Funny... the MACD and stochiastics look Dover Sole to me, and if any prediction can be made, it would be for the DOW to rise, just like it has every other time they have been Dover Sole on your chart. Am I mistaken? :blink:

Have to agree Skidd.

All indices are within a couple of percent of their highs(ex NAZ) and the indicators are nearly dover sole.Looks to me like they're being readied for another blast north.(Just IMVHO).

97% of Argentines support President Nestor Kirchner policy towards the IMF. Why noy? Zero down, zero interest, zero monthly paments.

The "Argentina Model" could be used as a plan to keep the real estate bubble going. Messy and time consuming defaults, foreclosures, and bankruptcies could be forever eliminated. :D

Don't cry for yield Argentina....

Archived