'The Deficit Stops Here'

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .article2712.jpg

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Above: Government officials commend Bush for his

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .deficit-cutting plan.

. . . In the past, critics have accused the Bush Administration of responding to a mounting deficit and the ongoing recession with unsound fiscal policies like cutting taxes for the wealthy. Bush supporters say the deficit cut proves the wisdom of the president's economic plan.

"Bush has taken a brave step, one that was long overdue," Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R-TN) said. "He has taken charge of the budget problem once and for all, simply by saying 'The deficit stops here.'" . . .

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I'm like the guy who runs around in that commercial telling one and all, "I lowered my cholesterol!" on the Atkins diet, what can I say but

Gouda Morning!

Just a reminder. Posting the original material of third parties without attribution, and a link to the source, is plagiarism. We Stoolies adhere to a higher standard, The Golden Stool. The source of third party material should always be indicated, and a link to the sourceprovided.

Be a good stoolizen!

Many tanks!

Be Patient, Pick Your Spots

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded each morning. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool, a daily Anals release. Take a subscribatory and get the latest release of the Golden Stool from your Anals RIGHT NOW! Don't miss another Golden Stool!

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!?

My Mum who knows jack about the markets and economics has just complained to me (she does my garden) that Clemantis used to cost her ?3 last year, this year ?5.

Moral of the story, I go along with Machine and say that real rates are close to -10%

Moral of the story, I go along with Machine and say that real rates are close to -10%

Copper $1.37 +2.40

Crude oil $36.36 +0.20

If this 'price stability' keeps up much longer, it's going to run us out of house and home. :mellow:

Anybody who was picking a top here just got shanked........

post-3-1078146365.gif

Platinum reached up to levels not seen since March 1980 on Monday morning in Europe, led by aggressive Asian investor buying amid bullish fundamentals for the metal, while gold took heart from platinum's rise and a firmer euro.

Spot platinum (XPT=) was quoted at $892.00/897.00 an ounce by 1055 GMT, compared with $880.00/885.00 in New York late on Friday. It fixed at $894.00 in London, a fresh 24-year high fixing.

Dealers said that platinum, used mainly in jewellery and auto catalysts, was set to cross $900 in coming sessions, but the metal is still some way from the March 1980 high of $1,047.50.

Grey metal madness

The 1980 highs possess great symbolic value to metalheads, goldbugs, bimetallists, and inflationists generally. If platinum breaks out to a record high, many of its "little brother" commods will get the same idea: sky's the limit.

Am I just paranoid??

Or am I the only one suspicious about the Kathie Lee downgrade this morning by JPM?

INTC is having a casting call later this year to "resubstantiate" her 7x sales multiple.

Watch 5 other Tout Houses upgrade her after all the shorts pile on the next two days.

Now that I'm like the guy who runs around in that commercial telling one and all, "I lowered my cholesterol!" on the Atkins diet, what can I say but

Gouda Morning! 

Just a reminder. Posting the original material of third parties without attribution, and a link to the source, is plagiarism. We Stoolies adhere to a higher standard, The Golden Stool. The source of third party material should always be indicated, and a link to the sourceprovided.

Be a good stoolizen!

Many tanks!

Be Patient, Pick Your Spots

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded each morning. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool, a daily Anals release. Take a subscribatory and get the latest release of the Golden Stool from your Anals RIGHT NOW! Don't miss another Golden Stool!

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!?

Uh, technically speaking, Doc, plagiarism is taking someone else's ideas, words, or writing, and attempting to pass them off as your own.

I think your talking about copyright infringement or some such thing.

Do they make it intentionally vague re what constitutes a violation?

Just asking.

Jason Hommel writes:

As an aside, it is often reported by GATA that Morgan Stanley is a heavey seller of silver. On the other hand, GATA also reports that Morgan Stanley is a heavy buyer, at times. It was theorized that Morgan Stanley is a silver short. But I do not know what Morgan Stanley's position in silver may be. Anyway, it is very interesting that Morgan Stanley issues a bullish recommendation for silver. Some have also theorized that the lead short has mostly covered, and has left other silver shorts to hold the bag. I wonder if Morgan Stanley may have been the lead short, and is now out? But I must admit this is pure speculation, and I wonder if anyone will ever know, unless there is testimony after the other silver shorts lose big? Only the other shorts, or the COMEX officials, would know who else was the lead short.

AS AN ASIDE? this should be the lead line in the story! that would be HUGE. a sea change if you will. I wrote last week about the price behavior of silver looking like just this thing was happening. with others holding the bag they could jump the price up a dollar or more. believe me they are not going to get caught on the wrong side of a shortage.

HH

Archived