B4 The Bell - Friday

Guest Icky Twerp

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, thats how they did it!!!

http://www.bls.gov/cps/cps_notice02a.htm

Thus, the population levels for January 2003 (and beyond) and the levels of employment and unemployment are not strictly comparable with those for earlier months. The ad- ditional adjustment to the population taken in January 2003 raised the number of employed by about 575,000 and the number of unemployed by about 40,000. The adjustment had a negligible effect on the overall unemploy- ment rate and other ratios.

So, because they changed how they do their count, all of a sudden 575,000 new employed people appear. Smoke and mirrors, smoke and mirrors.

Clearly states that after accounting for the adjustment of adding 575,000 newly counted employed people, the total employed is now higher by 496,000. So in reality we dropped 81,000 employed people.

What Udder BS

Some economists think hiring really is occurring in the economy, but it is not being reflected in the Labor Department's monthly survey of business payrolls. In the separate survey of households, employment jumped by 496,000 last month.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040206/D80HRJ080.html

That's 150,000 new coffee shops and 100,000 new gift shops. How do you make a small fortune? Start with a big fortune. A great way to invest your remaining home equity. Personally I think there is no unemployment. Everyone is working at something like, how to get more free government money, how to get rich selling penis oils on E-bay, getting rich with zero down real estate, and of course everyone's favorite, day trading for fun and profit with my secret new formula that guarantees 1000% returns and absolutely no risk! (send cash only for that one - Just $89.95 if you send before midnight!)

Sled: When has an ivory tower economist ever gotten anything correct? I can tell you , here on hte front lines, the employment situation is in tatters. As we all know the only thing holding up this house of cards is debt. How long can folks go deeper into debt when they do not have the neccesary means to service the debt? ANyone see the chart in Barron's last weekend that showed the inventory of Unsold homes? Perhaps things are still groovy in S Cal, but I am pretty sure in most places residential real estate peaked a while ago. I know there are many,many homes for sale in my community,

Out of Benefits and Out of Luck

Rather, they show up in an obscure statistic called the "exhaustion rate" which measures the percentage of workers who have exhausted benefits offered to them six months ago. The exhaustion rate hit 43.4% in December and has been above the 40% level since August 2002 - that's sixteen straight months. Compare this to the recession of the early 1990s when this figure topped out at 40% for a grand total of two months - once in 1992 and once in 1994.

someone said JR left-why?? would he do that he is a good guy?? ;)

Sphinxter also left.

HyperTiger is saying only a couple more days and he too is gone.

Board Moderation sometimes undercuts its own survival. IMHO

I resent these emotional intrusions on my trading thoughts.

:( :cry:

but that's part of being a human, too.

Sherlock

That's 150,000 new coffee shops and 100,000 new gift shops. How do you make a small fortune? Start with a big fortune. A great way to invest your remaining home equity. Personally I think there is no unemployment. Everyone is working at something like, how to get more free government money, how to get rich selling penis oils on E-bay, getting rich with zero down real estate, and of course everyone's favorite, day trading for fun and profit with my secret new formula that guarantees 1000% returns and absolutely no risk! (send cash only for that one - Just $89.95 if you send before midnight!)

yobob1 :lol:

Thats too funny cause it true!

hurry hurry step right up!

I have noticed all the vending machine commercials

for instant riches small investment needed :lol:

P.S. stay @ Stool

Sphinxter also left.

HyperTiger is saying only a couple more days and he too is gone.

Board Moderation sometimes undercuts its own survival. IMHO

I resent these emotional intrusions on my trading thoughts.

:( :cry:

but that's part of being a human, too.

Sherlock

And Hyper :cry: :cry:

Give me a break

Cant say as I have ever seen the anals so quiet in the years I have been

following it.

Sign of the times. Other bull moves have thrown the bears a few scraps now and then.

Not this one. With the exception of some precious metals plays the bears have been beaten to a pulp for 10 months.

Maybe the reduction in our numbers lately is the topping signal of the century.

Archived