Ten-enema Stool Event Coming Soon!

holiday sales

Note #s comparison vs. last year, which was down miserably due to 9/11. Wally World wuz packed in my burb, but other retailers looked just slightly above average. Since my wife, children and legions of friends are avid shoppers (there is nothing else to do in Dallas besides shop and eat), they say that everyone's done a lot of their shopping already (shortened season). Everyone's richest friend is maxed out on credit, too (credit card honesty is the modern-day confessional catharsis, you know).

All that matters is the reaction. December markets are ALWAYS about shopping. Media will be on warp-factor 10 Monday. I bet we see an upside tear for a few more days, circa 9200, then start the fall as the broad-based reality sinks in. After this week, retail numbers will be horrible. I think we'll sink 'till year end after the first of the month here.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you notice Walmart didn't mention per-store sales for stores open more than a year? THAT is the benchmark- not parading around a big impressive number. 1.4 billion bucks sounds like a lot, but there are over 3000 stores- giving only about $500K average per store gross on the busiest day of the year. And as Jorma noted, there is no mention of profit anywhere in the article. I'm not impressed, but we'll see on Monday if investors are.

The movie rights will sell for a tidy sum and will be titled "The Road to Stoolville", then Doc can sue their ass for infringement of trademark and copyright violations. Unfortunately for us Bareister will have long absconded with the settlement cash and finally will have proven himself as a successful attorney, much to our consternation. :D

Archived