B4 The Bell, Frieday, Jan 30

I think b4 is right TOO HOT!...but it made me think of something.....

we are all here ...we see what is going on with our country..will we all say we didnt know?

at what point does one say "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore"....and back it up with more than voting the other asshole out to replace the last asshole?

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SJ, Dashley, Hb -a sincere thanks- I really hope we can hold this together-I want Sphinx back he is a good guy so too is the Doc-emotion is the most powerful human force managing it is the toughest. As kenny Rogers said "you gotta know when to hold em and know when to fold em" he hit it on the head! As a former Pol I will repeat what I said before "people don't want change" even though it is the "only way out". Dean is a good example the guy is human he shows temper, he shows compassion, he probably even farts and scratches his nuts, his wife stayed home to look after their patients, but the media killed him because he was "normal" so now you will get Kerry a brave guy sure but married to the Heinz heiress how will , how can there be any empathy with joe6pk just as with bush Joe is fooked!

Bird Flu Pandemic Would Drain Drug Supply

Sun Feb 1, 1:12 PM ET Add Top Stories - AP to My Yahoo!

By DANIEL Q. HANEY, AP Medical Editor

Prescription flu drugs could provide lifesaving early protection against bird flu if the virus disastrously mutates into a worldwide pandemic, but experts warn that supplies will quickly run out unless governments stockpile the medicines.

Doctors say only one brand, Tamiflu manufactured by Roche Laboratories, Inc , is practical for large-scale stockpiling, but so far no government has bought the big amounts needed for a pandemic. For now, worldwide supplies are skimpy, because the drugs are not widely used to treat ordinary flu.

Bird Flu Pandemic Would Drain Drug Supply   

Sun Feb 1, 1:12 PM ET  Add Top Stories - AP to My Yahoo!

By DANIEL Q. HANEY, AP Medical Editor

Prescription flu drugs could provide lifesaving early protection against bird flu if the virus disastrously mutates into a worldwide pandemic, but experts warn that supplies will quickly run out unless governments stockpile the medicines.

Doctors say only one brand, Tamiflu manufactured by Roche Laboratories, Inc , is practical for large-scale stockpiling, but so far no government has bought the big amounts needed for a pandemic. For now, worldwide supplies are skimpy, because the drugs are not widely used to treat ordinary flu.

Nice avatar.

I think we will only know what to do about bird flu only after infection trend among humans, if any from a new mutated form, is around for a few weeks or so.

However it is becoming clear that many chickens will have to be removed from the food chain. This could benefit North Amercian chicken producers if it doesn't spread here. From what I've read about US producers, I wouldn't bet the flu bypassing the US - but we may get lucky.

China's Bird Flu Epidemic Spreads to a Third of the Country

Archived