Year Of The Clone

Friday's one-day mini-fear spike already gone. Poof! Optimism loiters still.

Never trade against the McSummation either...

http://stockcharts.com/charts/indices/McSumNASD.html

It just doesn't pay man!

The bowl has been flushed and is circling slowly - just a matter of time.

Arch was probably cancelled b/c Shiller spooked em too much :lol:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The CoinGuy

WELL,

Screwed out of Arch, sat there watching crapTV for 45 minutes waiting for the asstrologer man. Think I'll go out & deprogram myself with a bottle a Vino and a good chunk of bull steak.

<_< ,

TCG

Regarding gold, I would not be too concerned with the recent pullback as we all knew some profit taking was warranted. We are talking about an index that has gained 23.17% for the month of December including the last two down days.

The volume today across the 10 stocks that make up the HUI clocked in at 15,794,400 below the 21 day average volume of 18.8 million. Today's close at 144.70 fits us nicely between the 5 and 10 day moving averages of 145.61 and 143.16 respectively, still well above the 21 day moving average of 133.63.

Technically, the RSI needed to come down as the index was in overbought territory. MACD is about to flatline and may turn negative, still not really concerning me in the near term as I have profits to pad any pullback in my positions (with the exception of GSS which I planned on added to again later anyways). The big picture still has the symmetric triangle and the target I expect to see is 195.20. When it gets there, I will sell them all.

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$hui,uu[p,a]diclynay[dd][pc20!b50!b200][iut!ub14!le12,26,9!lh39,1!ld20!ll14][j8967449,y].gif

Liking some silver miners here as well and that is an area I have not spent much time in, with the exception of a smaller CDE position. Silver has not kept pace with gold's recent gains and over time the two do tend to track each other to some extent.

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=$gold:$silver,uu[l,a]dillynay[d19800101,20021230][p][iut].gif

I firmly believe we see $400/ounce gold in the new year., especially as this chart continues its tumble...

history.gif?s=NYBOT_DXY0&t=l&w=15&a=50&v=d12.gif

As promised, my mission in 2003 is to help Stool Pigeons either avoid the short squeezes or participate in them.

Anybody got the guts to play a retailers on the long side?

Low risk long entries possible on HD, FD, MAY.

HD looks like a "3 drives wedge" like the Nasdaq finished right before the big October bounce.

Possible for a run back up to where the wedge started.

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=hd,uu[l,a]dahlniay[dd][pc50!c200][vc60][i].gif

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=fd,uu[l,a]dahlniay[dd][pc50!c200][vc60][i].gif

SharpChartv05.ServletDriver?chart=may,uu[l,a]dahlniay[dd][pc50!c200][vc60][i].gif

TE :)

Shiller was Stool all the way. Talking about a housing bubble cause by aggressive lowering of rates, and how without a rapid return of earnings, there was no point in hoping for upside. Arsehasaroma tried some argument about how equities always rebound after blahblahblah, and Shiller replied that we don't have sufficient historical precedent to allow us to make predictions as to the end of this bear. Said that it's only the second time in history that the markets have been here, and that valuations were still double where they should be, etc. Very bearish, very stool.

Archived