The Sky Is Green

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you may want to hold thought to see if huey lewis can hold 220...

if that goes... 214 - 216.

exercise patinece here.

Jr

Patience to me means thinking too much.

I'm just a stupid buyer into weakness because it has served me well over the last 2 years in this sector.

Maybe we go lower from here, anyone can make a good argument for that right now but I don't buy to flip these things for a profit a week or month down the line. I like this sector and reckon that I'll still be in it come 2008+. Trying to pick bottoms or tops doesn't make a lot of sense when you're trading with a multi-year outlook.

And anyway to be good enough to make money consistently flipping stocks here and there, picking tops/bottoms etc then in my opinion these people make up about 2 out of every 100 traders/investors, odds which for most people including myself are insurmountable. Good luck to those that try though.

In December, medical care costs ? a constant sore spot for consumers ? rose by 0.6 percent ? twice the 0.3 percent increase the month before. For 2003, medical care costs went up 3.7 percent, outpacing overall inflation.

Tell that to my health insurer- we stayed in the same age bracket- monthly premium went from 525 to 631. Bought some OHP at 44 when I got the new rate. :rolleyes:

IBM Reports Increases in Fourth-Quarter Profit and Revenue

Jan. 15 (Bloomberg) -- International Business Machines Corp., the world's biggest computer maker, said fourth-quarter profit surged as acquisition costs fell and revenue increased.

Net income rose to $2.7 billion, or $1.55 a share, from $1.02 billion, or 59 cents, a year earlier, Armonk, New York- based company said in a statement distributed by Business Wire. Sales advanced to $25.9 billion from $23.7 billion.

IBM, which had been scheduled to report earnings after the close of U.S. financial markets on Tuesday, late yesterday moved up the release to this morning. IBM said it had the results completed and wanted to release them before the holiday weekend.

IBM

I rest my case. Having its desired effect

JPM and ONE everyones a winner

Anyone heard anything on MER?

The latest headlines from the Wall Street Urinal. Reload the Urinal frequently throughout the day for all the latest headlines from from Dow Jokes, Boomblurb, Rhoiders, TheSheeit.com, CNN Moneyhype, and other newsnoise and infomercial sources from around the world. The links are above right, in the left menu, and below the thread. Wall Street Urinal All the news that fits, we print.?

If you haven't used it yet you should check out the Stoolpop thumbnail market overview window! This compact window contains the latest intraday thumbnail charts on the SPX, gold and precious metals indices from Kitco, as well as a market summary applet from Barchart.com and form boxes for detailed quotes and market statistics. The window has minimal graphics beyond the essentials, so that it uses few server and processor resources, loads quickly, and gives you the tools you need all in one convenient reduced size window. You can also toggle the window back and forth with the Wall Street Urinal, to quickly scan all the latest newsnoise headlines. The links to this window are located in the upper right of this page, in the left column, and below the thread.

Jr

Patience to me means thinking too much.

it means exercising discipline

I'm just a stupid buyer into weakness because it has served me well over the last 2 years in this sector.

Maybe we go lower from here, anyone can make a good argument for that right now but I don't buy to flip these things for a profit a week or month down the line. I like this sector and reckon that I'll still be in it come 2008+. Trying to pick bottoms or tops doesn't make a lot of sense when you're trading with a multi-year outlook.

to each thier own and you are correct in that strategy, mine is simply different.

And anyway to be good enough to make money consistently flipping stocks here and there, picking tops/bottoms etc then in my opinion these people make up about 2 out of every 100 traders/investors, odds which for most people including myself are insurmountable. Good luck to those that try though.

i'm looking for better entry is all, not going to capture the bottom, just a better price.

maximizes returns is my game.

Crash Helmets on. Something big has got to be cooking.

sure smells that way. i think the long bond's gonna give up the jig shortly.

it's either another frankenspan trap on a global order or the defaltionairy

spiral is set to commence ahead of schedule.

looking at the aggregates decline, june seems about right.

DEE-pressing.

Clearly, whomever puts the CPI together buys way more apparrel than I do.

Unfortunately, I seem to consume more of the things that are going up faster than I do of the things that are going down.

In Thursday's report, food prices posted the biggest jump, rising 0.6 percent after rising 0.4 percent in November. And energy prices posted their first gain since September, rising 0.2 percent after falling 3.0 percent in November.

But apparel prices fell 0.4 percent after falling 0.5 percent in November, and transportation costs fell 0.2 percent after falling 1.3 percent in November.

Education costs rose 0.4 percent, health care costs rose 0.6 percent and housing prices rose 0.3 percent.

Archived