-verse 1-

You got here before I do

O yes Lord, don't forget to tell all my friends I'm coming too

O yes Lord, still

-verse 1-

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The toll so far here in Canada-EH! because of one Diagnosed Mad Cow is the slaughter of roughly a 1/4 Million head of cattle and several Billion $'s. Virtually every Cow is Now tested, whereas your testing is still random and this cow in Yakima was slaughtered weeks ago so his/her prions could be anywhere. What is funny is that the cow in Question was a Holstein which is a dairy cow, now in Canada we don't eat dairy cows. You folks are just not fussy I guess-LOL! The crux of "Mad Cow" anywhere in the world is-that to get "Mad Cow" they have to have been fed rendered feed from other "animals" which is banned except as hog or Chicken feed. The question of course is why any so called advanced Country would feed animal parts to animals that Humans consume. The only Cannibals I know of are those on Wall Street all of whom already have the disease. Old Shrub locked Canada-eh cows out after our one case and we are still out-can you hear Canada following Japan and S. Korea-can ya, can ya,- Shrub hasn't learned that if you treat your friends badly-what goes around comes around in SPADES! Trade safe! :P

Example of Classic Idiocy:

"In practical terms, intervention at anything approaching this level means that the dollar / Yen exchange rate and the long-term Treasury bond rate will be whatever the MOF wants them to be. Assuming the MOF locks in the exchange rate and the bond rates at about current levels, it also means that the U.S. Presidential election next November was decided last week in Tokyo. As long as Japan is willing to monetize unlimited American profligacy next year, there is no possibility that the U.S. economy will run out of steam before the election. Even with China cutting back on domestic credit and apparently cutting back on its acquisition of dollar-denominated reserve assets, it won?t make a difference. Alan Greenspan can sit on his hands for all that it matters to Godzilla. When the largest creditor in the world with the largest current account surplus in the world calls the tune, you dance. "

Gee, I wonder if the Yen could go down. Like it has been. Even though the insane Japanese are redeeming all their foreign assets to support the Dollar and Yen.

I realized after rereading the above idiocy that I needed to use baby talk.

Japanese Current Account Surplus is around 120 billion.

Americas Current Account Deficit is greater than 500 billion.

He is insane.

After further reading, I am gripped with a desire to grind my teeth.

Look at a globe. Find America. Find Europe. Find Japan. Play "trace the cargo path" from Japan to America. Then trace the four extremely long paths to Europe. One around the Cape of Good Hope, one around the Cape of Storms, one through the Panama Canal, and one through the Canal in Egypt. Canals have limited capacity.

Doze - what it means to me is that the $ will be effectively pegged against our 2 largest trade deficit partners. So, nowhere for dollar holders to go except to the Euro, commod currencies, commods themselves or just plain gold. The Japanese action would put tremendous pressure on the Euros to defend themselves. A stronger Euro leads to recession in the 'zone. What will the Euros do?? that is the question...

All I can say to that Brian is. . . .

That?s life, that?s what people say.

You?re riding? high in april,

Shot down in may.

But I know I?m gonna change that tune,

When I?m back on top in june.

That?s life, funny as it seems.

Some people get their kicks,

Steppin? on dreams;

But I don?t let it get me down,

?cause this ol? word keeps getting around.

I?ve been a puppet, a pauper, a pirate,

A poet, a pawn and a king.

I?ve been up and down and over and out

And I know one thing:

Each time I find myself flat on my face,

I pick myself up and get back in the race.

That?s life, I can?t deny it,

I thought of quitting,

But my heart just won?t buy it.

If I didn?t think it was worth a try,

I?d roll myself up in a big ball and die

sinatra1.jpg

Old Shrub locked Canada-eh cows out after our one case and we are still out-can you hear Canada following Japan and S. Korea-can ya, can ya,-

Brian, it depends on what time the bureaucrats start work in Ottawa. I'd guess about 8:30 a.m. eastern time. Maybe as early as 7:30, if they had a conference call this evening and notified the press and are ready to pounce. Or 9:30, if they're as tied in bureaucratic knots as it appears ... :mellow:

Expected results in Chicago:

Live cattle futures - limit down

Grains - down

Live hogs, pork bellies - up? (not so sure on this one)

In New York - MCD (McDonalds) down ...

Dozer you're right, it wouldn't create many jobs, but it would preserve a bunch. Cheap oil next year just keeps the consumer in the game a little longer, just in time for elections.

Joe Duarte with more on the Libya sitchy

yah, you're probably right. Not so much "cheap oil", as cheap GAS.

If shrub's handlers could arrange for 99 cent regular, maybe that'd do something.

I dunno tho....even then....what portion of household budget is for gasoline?

I can see it making people "happy"....but for how long, assuming jobs-situation didn't change? We'll have to see.

man....can you -imagine- the eco-squawking !! :P

Purdy: about those backlash-preps....word.

Faux: yer right about that sweet Jeep Six! Our yard-truck is a '69 International 1/2 ton shortbox, with an old Jeep 6 in it :D The prior owner told me the original IH345 threw a rod, then he swapped in a 6.9 IH diesel from a wrecked Ford pickup, but didn't like that 'cause of the 4.10 gearing, so he swapped in an original 258 six from an AMC Matador that he got at the auction for 30 bucks :lol: Obviously, a major gearhead type :lol:

Man, we love that little truck! Great, great, motor, that 258....and also

the short-stroke 4.0 EFI version that they used in the modern Cherokees.

Great motor.

But I don't understand the reference to the GC as a "gas hog" compared to the Cherokee. That's simply not true. We've owned both; and the GC gets the same or better mileage overall. It's much smoother aerodynamically. Even in the GC itself, the eight gets the same or better mileage than the six, with 'normal' driving habits.

btw, the GC was designed 100% by Jeep/AMC prior to them selling out to Chryco.

One of tonight's entries for "no shit sherlock" news coverage:

:huh:

U.S. Companies Moving More Jobs Overseas

Tue December 23, 2003 05:32 PM ET

(Page 1 of 2)

By David Zielenziger

NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. corporations are picking up the pace in shifting well-paid technology jobs to India, China and other low-cost centers, but they are keeping quiet for fear of a backlash, industry professionals said.

Morgan Stanley estimates the number of U.S. jobs outsourced to India will double to about 150,000 in the next three years. anal cysts predict as many as two million U.S. white-collar jobs such as programmers, software engineers and applications designers will shift to low cost centers by 2014.

I can just see the newspapers tomorrow . . . . "Due to the fears of Mad Cow Disease (MCD), McDonalds (MCD) stock dropped like a rock in the pre-market this morning. A cow with MCD was found. . . "

I can just see the news. . . . "Due to the fears of Mad Cow Disease (MCD), McDonalds (MCD) dropped like a rock in the pre market. . . . . .  A cow with MCD was found. . . .

...but was up $2.13 in after hours after Tyson Foods claimed that the founder had cloned (fathered) 1 million chickens resembling McDonald's founder Raymond Kroc....

Archived