Groundhog Day

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: all the talk about the magic Bush's election (I'm in the camp that holds he didn't win the first one) committee is working--all the lost jobs and the ensuing tidal wave can't be masked by the lying media and the big numbers in the stock market. People are not that stupid. Virtually everyone is being effected. If he does take the white house again it's thanks to the Diebold machines--they've got them in New York and California now. Can't help but wonder what life will be like after the election--no need to keep the ruse up anymore.

Note:

The "old" 4.7L is actually the new 4.7L. It was a new engine design released in 1999-2000. The 5.7L is a 360, and a 360 was in the Grand Cherokee back in 1996, and in Dodge trucks 10 or more years before that.

Our 1995 Grand Cherokee has a 5.2L in it, and regardless of the constant constant Constant CONSTANT CONSTANT FREAKING HARPING ON SUV'S FOR NO FREAKING REASON EXCEPT TO MINDLESSLY REGURGITATE THE LATEST HIP PROPAGANDA OVER AND FORNICATING OVER AGAIN; our Jeep is a VERY freaking useful vehicle, and we couldn't even get into our FORNICATING DRIVEWAY without it, OK ?

For christ's wingohockingmoyamensinging sake, enough propaganda-chanting about the suv's already. Why is a minivan ok, and an almost identical size/weight cherokee not ok ?? BECAUSE THE PROPAGANDA TOLD YOU SO. THINK FOR YOURSELF.

ps; maybe an Expedition is a hog, I don't know, but our GC gets 21mpg, same as a typical minivan. It's got 10" of ground-clearance, big toothy tires, 4wd, 750 lbs load-capacity, it's rugged as hell; and WE USE ALL OF THAT EVERY FREAKING DAY.

pps; machinehead, you know i'm not screaming at you personally...I just get so fed up with the mindless propa-vomit guilt-tripping and have to fight back once in a while... :P

I'm with ya dozer, also a 95 Jeep grand with the venerable 318 c.i. V-8. I don't need it to get out of my driveway but it pulls my boat and my RV with ease, gets me about 20 mpg solo and more manuverable than a cockroach. Unlike most SUV owners, mine actually sees a fair amount of dirt - hey this is Idaho! Those touting the fabulous fuel mileage of the imports should go look at the numbers, most of the newer Japanese trucks and SUVs are not really any better than their domestic counterparts and could actually be worse when worked hard like towing. Domestic cars do about the same as the imports when comparing apples to apples.

Mad Cow disease is news? Hell it's been evident on Wall Street for the last decade.

Dozer - I know all that 'cause i HAVE a Grand Cherokee with the 4.7-liter V8. For old farts like us, that equates to a 283 cubic inch V8, same displacement as the venerable Chevrolet small block from our misspent youth, but with overhead camshafts.

And it does not compare well to the old Chevy small block. Drinks gas; shakes, rumbles and lopes at idle; sometimes coughs while cruising. I bought the V8 for smoothness, and it irks the piss out of me that my dad's V6 Buick is FAR smoother and quieter.

Early skinny on the 2005 Grand Cherokee says that it will have independent front suspension, but presumably a live rear axle ... while the competing Ford Explorer already has independent suspension front and rear, as do all the Japanese copy cats.

I am not bloody impressed ... doubt that I will own another Jeep after this one. I expect better and more advanced engineering that what's on offer here.

Solid axles front and rear have distinct off-road advantages....but then you probably never have explored that to the extent I have. It might be noted that Land Rover remains with solid axles in all but their baby model.

Damn happy with my 95 and would love to find another 95 with low miles. Things went to hell with the 96 and newer. The new body, like yours, doesn't work as well, they swept the windshield back too far and you feel more like you're sitting in a hole.

who knows what's going to happen. I just know that these Bush gangsters are effing sinister, and have demonstrated a willingness to trade our future for their benefit over and over again. I expect them to put on a complete full court press in order to get reelected, cutting deals with anyone, anywhere on the planet, exchanging a better tomorrow for them (Libya for example) for a better today for the Shrub gang. Oh and a shittier tomorrow for America. And if that fails there's always the Diebold solution. How much you wanna bet the Shrubster tries to get the election stalled next Nov on grounds that the mechanical voting systems all across the nation are unreliable? He'll keep himself in office for a generation like FDR. Boy am I cynical or what?? :lol:

You are right on the money. And money is the tool of choose. Just put out all the money possible on the streets and let your friends take 10% of it as profit.

The only thing that will take down the bush reelection effort is an exteral force from out side the nation.

I would thing it may show up as the world not buying the shrinking USA$.

Time will take.

I wonder if that had anything to do with their domestic economies, which in contrast to the US, are not leaping ahead by more than 8%.

For example, just yesterday the Netherlands reported a third quarter 1.2% contraction vs. last year. They attributed part of this to a 1.7% reduction in consumer spending.

Reading this, I had to wonder what is going on? Why would a major European economy be contracting while the US is loudly proclaiming the end of the recession? I know that timing differences could be expected, but still... could it be a large dose of wishful thinking and blatant misrepresentation on the part of the US? It is very interesting to observe the vast difference in the general tone of the Dutch politicians & economists - much more sober and pessimistic regarding the economic outlook.

What is happening in the USA is a vapor economy. It is really not happening.

Just put $1 trillions out there. A large part of it is road construction, check out CAT. One billion to CSCO for a new fiber optic system. Do we really need an addition network.

Keep giving out free money under the 0%, 0%, 0% plan. Check out WHR.

Give companies tax breaks if they buy.

The vapor economy will last as long as the reelection bush thinks they need it.

Than like an thing out if vapor it will be gone

The great thing about the rest of the world is that they seem to like supporting the US in its quest for free money for its citizens.The Europeans(amongst others) are paying for it.

Where Americans get free credit,we still pay 15-20+% on credit card balances.Get a loan from a bonker and he'll charge 10% for the privilege.No 6-year interest-free cars here!

So that's why Europeans don't spend money..

Archived