Saddam Shocker

ah-hah...hiding, you echo the sentiments i posted this weekend.

can you -imagine- it? one brave fumble-manager plunking down a bil or two on gold?

oh my.... :D

jr; perfect suggestion. that tune sez it all. get ready for hitler's daughter...that's who's coming up next.... :o

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It all washes out- I can now buy a Dell computer with 17" FPD for $699. It's too bad I don't NEED one.

PS- last year I was paying just over $400 for the same policy. I think the uninsured are a large part of what is causing rates to rise as hospitals pass those costs on to those who CAN pay. God forbid anyone who has a large mortgage, loses their job and health insurance, and then gets sick enough to warrant even a short hospital stay. They could get wiped out in a matter of days.

we have blue cross, they don't cover pregnancy. our son just turned 3 mos., called the hospital to make payment arrangements on 4K I told them I would send them $100/month. The nice kind woman I can't say enough good things about <_<

said I could pay that, but after a year it would be sent to collections. I laughed, told her if it goes to collections they wouldn't see a dime. What are they gonna do, garnish my wages? (I'm SE). She said fine, I guess we'll get nothing. Simply amazing.

Re:WMT and TGT

FWIW an interview on Bloomberg radio this afternoon featured a retail anal cyst who said that so far this year WMT was the big loser. Statistics they tracked showed fewer people shopped there this season . But he said that Target or Tar jay if you speak french, was the big winner and that their stats were showing Target had good traffic and thats where the buyers were going.

I would look into that if I were considering shorting TGT

ah-hah...hiding, you echo the sentiments i posted this weekend.

can you -imagine- it?  one brave fumble-manager plunking down a bil or two on gold?

oh my....  :D

jr; perfect suggestion.  that tune sez it all.  get ready for hitler's daughter...that's who's coming up next.... :o

yep, pulled out the cd and am heading out to buzz the miata around a few bends at speed.

cuing it up shortly.

what a mess.

Only about 50% of the 12,000 banks in the US are members of the FED...So you can write off 50% of the banks...Then you have to figure that the biggest banks or the banks controlled by the FED will be saved to absorb the rest...

Sure your money is safe under FDIC theoretically but there is nothing saying when you can get your hands on it...

It will be a long process figuring out what actually belongs to you...A good rule is that if you don't have it in your hand you have nothing...

The entire eastern seaboard was closed for shopping the last two weekends in a row. That's gonna leave a mark. Deep discounts are all they have left to empty the shelves by Christmas.

What's gonna leave a bigger mark?

Howzabout a 50% drop in spendable mortgage funnymunny.

Watch that HGX, it's the key to the whole ball o' wax, IMO.

Re:WMT and TGT

FWIW an interview on Bloomberg radio this afternoon featured a retail anal cyst who said that so far this year WMT was the big loser. Statistics they tracked showed fewer people shopped there this season . But he said that Target or Tar jay if you speak french, was the big winner and that their stats were showing Target had good traffic and thats where the buyers were going.

I would look into that if I were considering shorting TGT

Ned:

Thanks for pointing that out. That anal cyst was surely just offering his unbiased opinion with no possible conflict of interest to disclose.

Everyone here should definitely understand not to take ANYONE'S advice where stock picking is concerned. But if you want a good confirmation on why TGT is likely a great short right here, that criminally timed Bloomberg radio interview is as good as it gets.

Always Trust An Analcyst - Plunger

You know Sleds post about IBM moving 4,000+ jobs to india and China is freakin Criminal-the apple gets hollower and hollower-plus China the ultimate enemy down the road gets all the technology without paying a cent for it. During Shrubs smarmy news conference he said re the deficit "we have held discretionary spending to 5% down from 14% WHEN I took office" then rattled off that Congress and the Senate had better by gosh control their spending because that way the deficit could be cut in half in 5 years. What planet does he live on?? With jobs continuing to flow out and deficits everywhere you look-those who still work will be faced with an ongoing burden that will make the increase in Health care premiums pale by comparison. That shrinking work force ensures a much lower standard of living here while India and China prosper. Yet the Sheep sit there and do nothing as the legs are being sawed off their chairs-Sad ain't the word-Trade Safe!

You know Sleds post about IBM moving 4,000+ jobs to india and China is freakin Criminal-the apple gets hollower and hollower-plus China the ultimate enemy down the road gets all the technology without paying a cent for it. During Shrubs smarmy news conference he said re the deficit "we have held discretionary spending to 5% down from 14% WHEN I took office" then rattled off that Congress and the Senate had better by gosh control their spending because that way the deficit could be cut in half in 5 years. What planet does he live on?? With jobs continuing to flow out and deficits everywhere you look-those who still work will be faced with an ongoing burden that will make the increase in Health care premiums pale by comparison. That shrinking work force ensures a much lower standard of living here while India and China prosper. Yet the Sheep sit there and do nothing as the legs are being sawed off their chairs-Sad ain't the word-Trade Safe!

The worst part is the replaced employees have to spend the next 2 weeks training the furriners and then can apply for another job within the company...I'm sure there are plenty of vacancies..

I'd train them how to crash the system...will come in handy when the Indians and Chinese have to train their Vietnamese and Haitian replacements.

Only about 50% of the 12,000 banks in the US are members of the FED...So you can write off 50% of the banks...Then you have to figure that the biggest banks or the banks controlled by the FED will be saved to absorb the rest...

Sure your money is safe under FDIC theoretically but there is nothing saying when you can get your hands on it...

It will be a long process figuring out what actually belongs to you...A good rule is that if you don't have it in your hand you have nothing...

Make no mistake about it - the FDIC will not pay out one cent more than it has to except maybe to save a top 10 or 20 banking institution. The amount of $100,000 plus any interest accrued to the time of the failure is all a person with savings over $100,000 will get.

Also the SIPIC $500,000 coverage only guarantees the value of the accont asset will be returned. So it is not an additional FDIC like coverage for bank/money market accounts.

Many money market funds have no assets even indirectly guaranteed under the FDIC.

Archived