Saddam Shocker

What a day!

It sure looks to me like the boys have figured out that the consumer is tapped out. If you're not short TGT yet, don't wait too long. TGT is the next Sears cliff dive chart in the retail category. The worst case scenario to the upside was hit today, and it's a long way down to fair value from here in my book. JNPR looks cooked right here too. GM couldn't get out of its own way, so the squeeze/ramp job appears to be played out here. The mortgage lenders look tired too. NCEN seems about ready now.

This will be an interesting scam week to be sure. It may just be that the old games won't work this time.

The Nikkei should get well and truly pasted tonight.

Are we having fun yet?

Plunger

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be fitting if today was the day that they actually rang the (opening) bell at the top. The Japanese must be sitting there saying WTF???? Dorra up big? Yes? Uh, no. Amellican stocks up big? Yes? Solly not this time. Oh we so sclewed. Pass the saki.

You have to wonder how many fools bought the open and never saw green again. You gotta like gold, it didn't buy the bs for one minute. Oh sure some Aussies panicked, probably thinking the dollar was off to the races. So sorry, wrong guess. Now up 1.20 in access mkt at 409.9. But IMO there's a lot more to gold's story than the dollar. Another little oddity the yen is up y-o-y on the dollar, but down on the Euro by quite a abit. The Yurapeons may not be as easy to fool as we thought, but then they seem to like our mortgages so maybe they can be easily fooled. Of course they have a currency name that sounds a lot like zero, and apparently a lot of Europeans haven't fully bought into the all Euro all the time game either according to recent polls. Wouldn't throw away those Francs and Marks just yet.

bloom'dberg reporting $20 billion net inflows into tbones... tick report says nyet to that lie. more monetization carnage ahead for uncle buck.

crb's inverse H&S is a site to behold... so i'm beholden.

why on earth anyone is looking for a dollar rally is laughable.

sorry, if i'm laughing at you, but i am, the fundas are gonna spank that monkey

back to 80. check yer charts, it's about as plain as day.

gold:silver @ high was 81.82 @ 100%

.318 retrace is 400 au / 5.50 ag.

do the math, 5.865 is a .618

0% is $7.30, whomever posted the SSRI chart in IDS, congrats, it's a winner.

i added it back into the fold.

da boyz blew it imo, after yanking saddam off ice, the desired effect was more

political in nature than market moving.

bush's attempt to bull the broads by inferring NK was next in the ASSixs of evil

came off poorly.

the broads couldn't hang on. disaster on RUT, one massive dumpola.

OSX looks to be ready for primetime, we have a clear break on crude.

natgas is uting as well.

speaks volumes as to where the dollar is headed, imo.

^5's were being thrown around like it's april of 2000, perhaps a bit too soon as

it's that marginal time of month/quarter.

anything can happen, but the sellage should continue.

1031-1032 was calc'd max pain last week. this weak... it will be lower.

gold looks ready to begin the assault on 418 and then 435.

if it can push on thru with a solid dump to 85 - 86 in the dollar, it should

accelerate and power on up to 494-500.

the SOX 500 pit crews are scratching their collective dip buying heads.

wondering why the turn two crack up this lap... they may be in for a surprise

as the race to turn one at tomorrow's flag looks to result in a five row pileup.

goldmember's setup is working so far. and after some bear tension in the after

hours stress fest, he's managed to rise above the din of chartists as nauseous.

gruf & kwave nailed the top. i mean put a roof on it. i'd avoid contra bets when

those two are loose with compressor powered nailgun devices.

kudos to doc as well, he was running 24 hours ahead!

mousey confused maria's body hair, but enjoyed a slam dunk on xlnx. congrats

mousey, it's only gonna get better there, as that bacon's sizzling.

lock limit's 9998 futes post was telling into the close as the cash clowns were

looking the other way.

will we see 1800 come on in mere nanoseconds (days/weeks) as goldie suggests.

too early to tell, but if today is any indication, i'd suggest the race is on and the

tracks filled with debris.

good trading!

Well, that was fun! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am a little leary of the Fibo fan line we stopped on at the close, and the Dow fucutures stopped selling off in the extra 15 minutes till 4:15.

Hopefully it rolls for good, but I am expecting a wee bounce tomorrow that may not amount to much, which should probably be shorted again if they make any progress tomorrow. :blink:

post-7-1071524510_thumb.png

Well, that was fun! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am a little leary of the Fibo fan line we stopped on at the close, and the Dow fucutures stopped selling off in the extra 15 minutes till 4:15.

Hopefully it rolls for good, but I am expecting a wee bounce tomorrow that may not amount to much, which should probably be shorted again if they make any progress tomorrow. :blink:

awesome work bro. simply awesome. keep it coming.

Bad Day for Uncle Buck

But Not As Bad As Uncle Saddam's

Uncle Buck and the Long Bong Hit, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded. Yields are high, and Uncle Buck is too. Take a subscribatory and get the latest whiff of the Long Bong Hit and Uncle Buck in the Anals RIGHT NOW!

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

I know that this board has a lot of Gold believers (and rightly so !), but does anyone else think that gold stocks might be vulnerable to sell off ?

Who knows Silk, but what makes you think you've got the skill and/or luck to be able to sell at the right time and then buy back in at a lower price?

I haven't the skill and don't want to rely on luck, that's why I haven't really touched my miners for over a year, apart from to give the good winners a little haircut when/if they double.

I realise that the market as it has done in the past will fluctuate both good and bad, but trying to trade the positions opens up a whole new ball game, that most market participents cannot play very well over time.

Cycles Rule! From Saturday's Anals, before all the Saddam stuff.

Conventional Stoolian cycle analysis says a short term cycle high is due Monday or Tuesday at a level not to exceed 1083 on the SPhincters indeX and 10100 on the Dow Jokes. The Nas might get back to 2000, or it might not. It's definitely showing some seepage.....

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Damn straight gold stocks are vulnerable.

1. Two HUI fib clusters offer resistance. One at 270 area, one at 240 area. We are under both.

2. Today's top was at 8 day MA

3. If today's top was the 78.6 retracement level of the PROJECTED correction, the target is 185 area.

4. The HUI is lagging the metal.

5. The US peso is nearing support at 86.

6. People are pretty eager to buy the dip.

7. This two day bounce had very little accumulation. If gold stocks are going higher, I would expect some basing and filling.

My strategy going forward is to short gold stocks near HUI 250 and then again near 270, depending on the structure of the move. I'm a buyer at 210 and 185. After that 258 to 220 drop and subsequent bounce, the "easy" quick $$ has probably been made, unless 250 is hit in the next couple days.

Archived