The Mouth Of The World

Join the anti-clutter movement, enlighten your friends with this one also!

. . . Back to our "stuff". The US has been called The Mouth of the world. We consume more than anyone else on the planet. I am all for consumption and a high standard of living (especially my own high standard of living). The problem is that we are borrowing from our "poor overseas cousins" to be able to continue to purchase our "stuff" (most of which we do not even need). Only in the US would someone charge an ugly sweater that no one will ever wear on their visa card and then finance it for the next 10 years long after it has been donated to Goodwill! I believe a person or a country can spend its money any way it sees fit to do so. I just think that a person or a country is far down the road to ruin whenever it has to borrow money from others to buy useless "stuff" that it can not afford to pay for out of its own wallet . . .

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, totally agree with that article Glad.... mind you I do admit to having a cluttered house but that's because everyone I know keeps giving me stuff they don't want or regard my place as some sort of storage facility. I need an article on "How To Say No (nicely)"...

well mousey, i'll be shorting XLNX all the way up this morn and riding it back down.

960s wide open on spx, lose 1031s and it's our party.

nothing but vapors below.

figure on 209s for HUI.

why?

dunno, just what my calulator came up with as reversal after cross crunching the numbers.

snowblind's yammering on about "strong dollars" again, which means up

into another waterfall setup.

changed my targets for unca buck again to 80 - 82 after potentially backtesting 92.

from there, look out below and hello gold.

the best is yet to come there.

congrats to windy for sniffing out a turd.

but i'm still eff'ing lance & mikey.

From the Office of Workforce Security - with NO revision for last week's claims:

In the week ending Dec. 6, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 378,000, an increase of 13,000 from the previous week's unrevised figure of 365,000. The 4-week moving average was 364,750, an increase of 2,250 from the previous week's unrevised average of 362,500.

http://www.workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/news/news.asp

post-3-1071149537_thumb.gif

For the first time in 2 and a half years, I am without a single mining stock in the portfolio. It's as if I've broken up with a girl friend of long standing. "End of the relationship" quality. I'm walking around lost and confused.

sheesh, you may end up very horny...

For the first time in 2 and a half years, I am without a single mining stock in the portfolio. It's as if I've broken up with a girl friend of long standing. "End of the relationship" quality. I'm walking around lost and confused.

Slothrop:

Here's what Tom O'Brien had to say last night.

He thinks that the gold stocks will bottom out in 2 - 5 more days. Everyone is looking for a outright collapse in the gold price, since it hit the 1997 highs of $412.

Notice how it has drifted down last night, but it hasn't "crashed".

Once people realize that the gold price isn't going to crash, they will start buying gold shares again.

Of course, if the gold does fall down the elevator shaft, and high volume selling on the gold shares continue, then the bull market is over for now.

I'm still holding core positions in the Screamers: BGO, GSS, WHT, CDE. I dumped everything else.

If we get confirmation of a bottom soon, I might roll the dice and add more to the screamers rather than buy GG, GLG, NEM, etc......

Market is definitely psycho.

No stock is safe..........

HUI Sinks in Stoolstorm

Will They Float Up Again?

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is loaded each morning. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should check out the Golden Stool, a daily Anals release. Take a subscribatory and get the latest release of the Golden Stool from your Anals RIGHT NOW! Don't miss another Golden Stool!

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Slothrop:

Here's what Tom O'Brien had to say last night.

He thinks that the gold stocks will bottom out in 2 - 5 more days. Everyone is looking for a outright collapse in the gold price, since it hit the 1997 highs of $412.

Notice how it has drifted down last night, but it hasn't "crashed".

Once people realize that the gold price isn't going to crash, they will start buying gold shares again.

Of course, if the gold does fall down the elevator shaft, and high volume selling on the gold shares continue, then the bull market is over for now.

I'm still holding core positions in the Screamers: BGO, GSS, WHT, CDE. I dumped everything else.

If we get confirmation of a bottom soon, I might roll the dice and add more to the screamers rather than buy GG, GLG, NEM, etc......

Market is definitely psycho.

No stock is safe..........

uber goldbull here...

buy the dip mark, use the force.

209 target on HUI, with tight stop.

somehow i doubt we get that lucky, but we'll see.

been trying to borrow TASR for the past three days... some fundies

been calling shares, could not get a borrow even with a 1.5% offer.

probably heading back to $3.

Archived