The Economy Ignores FOMC

As usual, billions of eyeballs were gaming the FOMC bounce. The last 3 times, stocks were quickly HeatMapped up to new highs after Al opened up his fly trap mouth and started mumbling.

This time, things were different.

Al Green said rates would remain low for a "considerable period" due to some potential weakness in job market.

Wonder why he said that when the Fed Govenors have been Bullhorning a rosy scenario 24/7 non-stop??

Anyway, AMAT basically ignored Al Green today, and was crushed for 5%. As the Leading Indicator of The Economy, the following chain of events should unfold:

Since AMAT is the Economy, and nothing else matters but the price action of this Supermodel,

Tokyo Electron, NEC, and Advantest will be crushed in Japan tonight.

Samsung will be beaten Rodney King style over in Korea.

Tomorrow morning, Infineon and ASML will get pummelled.

And shortly thereafter, if Beeks doesn't show up in the NDX pits tomorrow, everything else will deteriorate and fall apart, including the following:

- GDP

- Employment

- ISM Index

- Housing Prices

- Credit Spreads

- Junk Bond Issuance

- Wall Struck Bonuses

- Fumble Manager Marriages

- Shyness of Iranian Plastic Surgeons

I was not anticipating the market to roll over. But I will continue to follow AMAT, which is the only thing that matters. If AMAT continues to fall apart, then everything will be going down.

That could include energy stocks, gold stocks, and everything else.

So caution is warranted here.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't tomorrow the Wed before OE? I'd be careful shorting into Friday.

Still holding my dong on CIEN hasn't hit stop yet.

CTRP IPO up 90%?! Unreal! I am heading to China! Bwhahahahaha...

Bong Implodes

Uncle Buck Gasps

Uncle Buck and the Long Bong Hit, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded. Yields are high, and Uncle Buck is too. Take a subscribatory and get the latest whiff of the Long Bong Hit and Uncle Buck in the Anals RIGHT NOW!

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Parmalat the famous Italian milk and butter company.

The cause of Parmalat's latest problems lies in a statement on Monday that the company had been unable to recover $589.9 millionfrom a fund called Epicurum, based in the Cayman Islands. Termination of a linked contract giving protection against changes in exchange rates would also raise $13.3 million.

Parmalat could use this money to redeem bonds falling due by the end of this year and in 2004 and to reduce the debt which is worrying investors.

Parmalat had said at the end of November that it would end this controversial investment at a time when its bonds were under pressure.

Parmalat said on Monday that Epicurum was in difficulties because most of the investors in it wanted to extract their funds, causing Epicurum to decide to turn all its assets into cash.

"The complexity of these operations means that it (Epicurum) cannot pay the money on the due date," Parmalat, which had expected payment on December 4, said. Epicurum had asked for more time.

I wreckon Parmalat will be lucky to get $0.50 on the $1. This story has far more legs

Wow, I see they closed it at 1060.02 subject to revision.......Stage is set for small gap down tommorrow, then jam higher, which actually COULD be a decent short opp.....That being said, I remain long CHK, MBG,....

I think the miners will get spanked if the market tanks, despite the POG...Too many players in there now, and constant Bullhorning all day on Procto. Just my .02.....

I might have to tip my hat to Lance Lewis.

GG, GLG, PAAS, etc. were absolutely CRUSHED the last 10 minutes on HUGE VOLUME.

An intermediate top on the gold stocks is probably in.

We'll find out tomorrow.

eff lance. gold is fine.

Check out the VIX bonner today!

Fear Be's Here & MoMo Be's NoMo!

I only know one thing for sure. I'm less nervous being short than all those blow-hard bullhorning criminals presently holding the bag.

The WaMu warning today was so expected...that's what the charts of CFC and NCEN were telling us...it was distribution at the top time for the boys, plain and simple. The mortgage lenders will be fighting over the crumbs now...with margins contracting as they undercut each other for the last few drops of blood before the whole thing implodes.

Guess when CFC will hit another all time high?

Answer:

NEVER!

Short NCEN and JNPR

Plunger

Wow, I see they closed it at 1060.02 subject to revision.......Stage is set for small gap down tommorrow, then jam higher, which actually COULD be a decent short opp.....That being said, I remain long CHK, MBG,....

I think the miners will get spanked if the market tanks, despite the POG...Too many players in there now, and constant Bullhorning all day on Procto. Just my .02.....

keee-rist h20 ! they -already- got spanked, and hard!

are you talking about with Charliss's whips now, or what? :lol:

Archived