November Sector Review

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been trading GSS for about 3 years..lots of fun and plenty of predictability. Likes to break the DT line and retest from above to complete its A-B-C. Will be watching this level on Monday.

Looks like one of you physical Goldbugs have been shopping recently.

Also thought I'd mention premiums on semi-numismatic and numismatic coins are on the move. Will post a chart, if anyone is interested.

Best Regards,

TCG

EDIT: Will add it might just test the UT...will be watching closely...

TGC - been collecting high-grade numismatic coins for several years. Expecting them to keep rising as the price of gold rise.

Thanks for the info about GSS

Kid

Hard to believe that Jet Blue got whacked for 40% of its market cap just due to "lower fares due to capacity expansion" and "lower traffic due to fires in southern California" as the company claims.

I used to fly Jet Blue for its non-stop from N.Y. to that little Art Deco jewel in the heart of L.A. County, Long Beach Municipal Airport. But Jet Blue sold out its customer lists -- names, addresses, DOBs, even SSNs in some cases -- to a Homeland Security contractor for data mining purposes. The whole report was published by Wired. It deeply enraged me, since I was probably one of the data points run through the snoop computers.

On my next trip to Big Kali, I flew ATA. You have to stop in Chicago Midway (less of a traffic problem than O'Hare), but the fare was lower than Jet Blue, and the equipment, service and on-time performance were all acceptable.

So screw Jet Blue. Maybe the boycott by former customers such as myself is biting their sorry collaborationist ass. I hope so.

As much as I'd like to believe the unwashed masses give a squirt about liberty, I can't buy it. If the masses cared about liberty, would Ralphs, Vons and the other totalitarian grocery chains be in business? No. The masses will sell-out for pennies on the dollar. They'll save .79 on $400 set of tires because RFIDs will save Walmart some money when the layoff the warehouse workers. The few who do care, it is only now because they are illegally file swapping and suddenly they feel the pinch of big-brotherism.

Hard to believe that Jet Blue got whacked for 40% of its market cap just due to "lower fares due to capacity expansion" and "lower traffic due to fires in southern California" as the company claims.

I used to fly Jet Blue for its non-stop from N.Y. to that little Art Deco jewel in the heart of L.A. County, Long Beach Municipal Airport. But Jet Blue sold out its customer lists -- names, addresses, DOBs, even SSNs in some cases -- to a Homeland Security contractor for data mining purposes. The whole report was published by Wired. It deeply enraged me, since I was probably one of the data points run through the snoop computers.

On my next trip to Big Kali, I flew ATA. You have to stop in Chicago Midway (less of a traffic problem than O'Hare), but the fare was lower than Jet Blue, and the equipment, service and on-time performance were all acceptable.

So screw Jet Blue. Maybe the boycott by former customers such as myself is biting their sorry collaborationist ass. I hope so.

MH: Word ! :angry:

The airlines are tanking for one reason...same reason the retailers, the chip stocks and every other mo-mo sector is going to tank...

Because the goobermint is selling? :P

"The U.S. Government has made a $264.6 million profit by betting on the

future of several airline companies. But the government now faces a decision

on whether to sell or hold its airline stocks -- a move that could affect

other investors if a wave of government selling hits the market."

The Wall Street Journal

More evidence of an upcoming energy and gold price explosion.

I wonder if Bill O'Neil at Riverboater's Daily will have this "Cup and Handle Breakout" chart posted with his assorted Hockey Sticks:

http://clearstation.etrade.com/cgi-bin/bbs?post_id=5028984

CRB could get really mean and nasty to the upside. Especially since the consolidation is right under the prior highs of the decade.

don't forget coal..BTU :D :D

If Mousey is out driving today all you'd see would be his ears over the snow bank! Today was nice, real nice-but zippo volume-show me the freakin volume puhleeeeeze! Declining on low volume makes me nervous. Had a great day in futures rode it down for 7 kachingo points. Strange things happening-COCO (piece of shit) gets slammed and they void TRADES to save itfree markets my ass that was CRIMINAL-Spitzer take note! The Airlines are indeed crumbling but it's not JUST the cost of fuel-the passengers are just not there. These babies have had the Goobermint bail out and rolled back their employees wages both one time events NOW they need passengers and they aren't there and they can't handle the debt the industry is COOKED! Didja notice Shrub appointing Baker to re structure Iraqs debt-HUH-WHY now????-something smells very ROTTEN-no one has been pressuring Iraq for debt payments, hell who would you negotiate with-they don't have a Goobermint-is this the oil grab??? Although I think the rally is toast we need selling to confirm it-hopefully it will come-yes I'm still SHORT but nervous. that crap with CECO makes me nervous that is overt, in your face manipulation. Trade Safe!

I agree. Uncle Buck looks like road kill to me.

Uncle Buck and the Long Bong Hit, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded. Yields are high, and Uncle Buck is too. Take a subscribatory and get the latest whiff of the Long Bong Hit and Uncle Buck in the Anals RIGHT NOW!

15 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $2.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

article about Indonesia in 1999 sounds like U.S. might be in 2005

...in urban areas prices have risen three fold, and an estimated 20 million people have lost their jobs in factories, offices, hotels, shops and supermarkets. Yet in rural areas there seem to be plenty of opportunities. Kinship and neighbourhood ties in the village provide social security when the going gets tough in the cities. Sons and daughters returning home from jobs in the city have been rapidly absorbed into rural society. They are learning traditional agricultural, house building, cottage industry and small trade skills from their parents. Cottage industries, destroyed during the economic boom years of Suharto's New Order, are reviving.

In Gunung Kidul for example, the dry area east of Yogyakarta, blacksmiths between 1975 and 1997 had a bad time competing against mass-produced agricultural tools imported from China. But with the economic crash, the imports have stopped. Clusters of blacksmiths in the same village pool resources to buy the iron they need. Much of it comes from railway tracks, dug up and stolen in the bankrupt industrial districts of Cilegon near Jakarta. Other metal comes from the urban riots and violence, the wrecked buildings, burnt out cars, shops, and supermarkets. A new industry - collecting scrap metal - is flourishing.

...Sons and daughter help their parents. Neighbours pitch together to help meet the supply. The blacksmiths have developed community micro-credit systems of borrowing and lending. These enable their enterprises to thrive, yet have no relationship with the formal economy. Without any government assistance, the people are creating their own enterprises, while providing all the necessary skills, capital and markets.

...Bird keeping has become popular during the economic crisis, especially among the urban middle classes who have turned from their more expensive hobbies of buying imported goods. It is said to be good for the psyche in times of crisis.

If Mousey is out driving today all you'd see would be his ears over the snow bank! Today was nice, real nice-but zippo volume-show me the freakin volume puhleeeeeze! Declining on low volume makes me nervous. Had a great day in futures rode it down for 7 kachingo points. Strange things happening-COCO (piece of shit) gets slammed and they void TRADES to save itfree markets my ass that was CRIMINAL-Spitzer take note! The Airlines are indeed crumbling but it's not JUST the cost of fuel-the passengers are just not there. These babies have had the Goobermint bail out and rolled back their employees wages both one time events NOW they need passengers and they aren't there and they can't handle the debt the industry is COOKED! Didja notice Shrub appointing Baker to re structure Iraqs debt-HUH-WHY now????-something smells very ROTTEN-no one has been pressuring Iraq for debt payments, hell who would you negotiate with-they don't have a Goobermint-is this the oil grab??? Although I think the rally is toast we need selling to confirm it-hopefully it will come-yes I'm still SHORT but nervous. that crap with CECO makes me nervous that is overt, in your face manipulation. Trade Safe!

B4 - I'm nervous also; obvious manipulation in the "free" market stinks. Eventually the big cat will come out of the bag at it will be egg on all their faces.

Until then trade safe :D

Mike Bolser, a GATA contributor, has been keeping graphs of the Repo Jamming and the Dow Jokes.

He is convinced that Al Green is tracking the 30-day moving average of the Dow and inserts the necessary Repo Blasts to keep the Dow in a gradual Boner Run.

He also believes that the same technique is applied to the T-Bones and Gold to keep them "in check".

Repos and moving averages

I have alluded recently to the Fed's reliance on moving averages to gauge their interventional progress. We see that the Fed issues repurchase agreements in seemingly random daily lots but underneath the false randomness lies a repo pool moving average that represents the Fed's interventional force applicator. They apply that force against the DOW's own 30-day moving average in order to steer it. The result is a controlled DOW with the tell-tale signature of low volatility. A similar scheme is in operation with the 30-year bond using the huge, $20 trillion liquidity float that JP Morgan's interest rate derivatives colossus permits. We also currently see a decided lack of volatility in the 30-year bond.

The repo hypothesis can best be seen by examining the very few times that the DOW fell below its 30-day moving average in the data set charted from November 2002.

In mid-June 2003 the DOW dipped below its 30-day moving average as a result of the smooth removal of pool funds. This can be seen in the down trend of the repo pool's own 30-day ma. As soon as the DOW dipped about 50 points below its 30-day ma the Fed re-adjusted the repo pool to "catch" the DOW and redirect it on a new upwards trajectory. The Fed then chose to establish a less steep growth line from the very high "Iraq War Rally" phase. The committee of DOW managers, the "Working Group" saw that too steep a rise was not credible so they decided that the freely traded DOW should be altered.

In mid-August the electrical grid power failure occurred and the DOW again fell but the Fed immediately responded with aggressive repo adds designed to lift the DOW back to its "appropriate" up moving trend line. Thereafter the Fed needed less of the repo fuel to levitate the DOW so it slightly reduced the pool's 30-day moving average level.

They are "steering" the DOW by carefully adjusting the repo pool aggregate total of un expired funds, mindful that their daily actions should be masked by complex expiration schedules.

This explains why there is so little volatility in the DOW during wartime, a period of historically turbulent market forces.

The longer the pattern of government intervention is observed the clearer it becomes.

Today, The Fed added $3 Billion and this caused the repo pool to fall a bit to $34.39 Billion, very close to its 30-day ma. The DOW has been tracking about 150 points above its own 30-day ma and this gap is near the maximum upper pattern demonstrated by the Fed since November 2002. It's not a surprise that the DOW has marked time today being down about 40 points at 11 AM EST.

I'm still predicting a 10,000 finish on or near December 31, 2003 so the "Street" can have a party.

Archived