• Created
  • Last Reply

day traders leggs humped again.

Wed Dec 03 21:36:52 2003 NYSE Day Trader Rule Update

As someone who currently meets the definition of a pattern day

trader, you are probably already familiar with the day trading

requirements of NASD Rule 2520 and NYSE Rule 431. These rules

require you to maintain minimum equity of $25,000 in any brokerage

account in which you are deemed to be a pattern day trader.

We want to make you aware that, in accordance with NYSE Rule 431, if

you receive a day trading minimum equity call and execute a day

trade before the call is met, your account must be restricted to

cash-only transactions for a period of 90 days or until the call is

satisfied.

At 7AM EST, I watched them gapping the YM bids 6 points above the offer. It went from 2 contracts bid at 9884 x 1 offered at 9887 to 9 bid at 9894 x 2 offered at 9887. Flipped around like that for a few seconds, then back again, then the offers ran away to 9895.

Dirty cheating bastards. One day, a tidal wave of offers will swamp these criminal manipulators. I intend to be tits short when it happens, too.

ANYONE WHO TRADES THE DOW FUTURES .............................

I could write a book about the shenanigans I have been victimized by trading the Dow futures. Back in January 03 2001 Easy Al gave the market a surprise interest rate cut. At the time I had an order in to sell 3 Dow futures contracts 20 points above where the market was trading, at 10748, with a stop, if filled, at 10770 . Of course with the surprise cut in rates the market GAPPED up but not before they filled my sell. Well one would think not a big deal cause I had the stop protection in place. NOT They took the futures through my stops and I it was 2 hours before I could even find out how much money they stole from me. They finally exercised my stops at 11040 for a loss of 3x292 points or 8760 dollars. I spent months fighting these guys but to no avail. Seems the only recourse one has is to sue privately(2001) and from what my litigations lawyer told me, my chances of success would be minimal. Its a thinly traded market and many games can be played. Be very very careful trading the Dow. I learned the hard way

ANYONE WHO TRADES THE DOW FUTURES .............................

I could write a book about the shenanigans I have been victimized by trading the Dow futures. Back in January 03 2001 Easy Al gave the market a surprise interest rate cut. At the time I had an order in to sell 3 Dow futures contracts 20 points above where the market was trading, at 10748, with a stop, if filled, at 10770 . Of course with the surprise cut in rates the market GAPPED up but not before they filled my sell. Well one would think not a big deal cause I had the stop protection in place. NOT They took the futures through my stops and I it was 2 hours before I could even find out how much money they stole from me. They finally exercised my stops at 11040 for a loss of 3x292 points or 8760 dollars. I spent months fighting these guys but to no avail. Seems the only recourse one has is to sue privately(2001) and from what my litigations lawyer told me, my chances of success would be minimal. Its a thinly traded market and many games can be played. Be very very careful trading the Dow. I learned the hard way

Thanks- a very sobering story.

Archived