A Laboratory Called Skylab

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you were in charge, wouldn't you do what you could to beat the crap out of gold tomorrow, so that anyone who actually bought the stuff would be certain to be too ashamed to admit it around the Thanksgiving bird, thereby threatening marginally to expand demand.

You know... like when your irritating Uncle John is bragging about how much his tech portfolio's recovered this year... if They could make it fall into the 380s, they might offer skittish gold bulls more reason to keep their traps shut, and thereby put a lid on the story over the holidays.

I'd do that.

But I'm not in charge.

If you were in charge, wouldn't you do what you could to beat the crap out of gold tomorrow, so that anyone who actually bought the stuff would be certain to be too ashamed to admit it around the Thanksgiving bird, thereby threatening marginally to expand demand.

You know... like when your irritating Uncle John is bragging about how much his tech portfolio's recovered this year... if They could make it fall into the 380s, they might offer skittish gold bulls more reason to keep their traps shut, and thereby put a lid on the story over the holidays.

I'd do that.

But I'm not in charge.

If they could make it fall to 380, I'd be back in there buying. I'm not ashamed. I wonder how much of that silver and gold for the december contracts will be delivered. I also wonder if Being In Charge of market stability and the squashing of gold might turn out to be a Bad Thing when things implode and the proleteriat need somone to blame. I wonder if they can push the SPX to the moon. It looks like the 78.6 level won't hold, but I for sure am not betting any on anything right now.

post-3-1069777115.gif

Guest libertas

Well I wish I could figure out what to do with my gold shares. I've been long for quite some time and so I have some very substantial open profits. On the one hand, if the stock market collapses as I believe it will, gold could collapse too along with the other commodities. On the other hand, it is a bull market in gold and staying long seems like the right thing to do.

Well I wish I could figure out what to do with my gold shares. I've been long for quite some time and so I have some very substantial open profits. On the one hand, if the stock market collapses as I believe it will, gold could collapse too along with the other commodities. On the other hand, it is a bull market in gold and staying long seems like the right thing to do.

Wait for 115 on the XAU.

Sell the worst gold stocks in the group (about 1/3), hold the best (2/3), then buy more of the best when the XAU corrects to 90 area in about 2 - 3 months.

Guest libertas
Wait for 115 on the XAU.

Sell the worst gold stocks in the group (about 1/3), hold the best (2/3), then buy more of the best when the XAU corrects to 90 area in about 2 - 3 months.

Why 115? TIA, Wyndy.

Archived