Extraordinary Volatility

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is about Jimi Hendrix. Johnny rotten is still alive. It is also about certain traders, imho.

Cool lyrics, T'end :)

Back from my trek to de beer machine.

NQ 1392 and ES 1041 are de levels to watch, imo.

Why do US-mkt traders make such a big deal about Nickme moves? Has Nickme been a reliable leading-indicator for US mkts? :unsure:

!

gruff

Guest Icky Twerp
Gonna nip round to de beer machine... be back soon...

gruff

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Whatcha doo? Put a plastic card in a slot and out comes a bottle/can like a Merkin ATMs??

I can see you now. . . :lol:

I call the deli in our building "the downstairs icebox."

I remember my favorite thing about Europe in 1972 was that everyplace had "coke" machines with beer or wine.

"It's like finally, after 4 Colt-45 tall boys, riding your skateboardall the way to the bottom of the stair railing, without suffering a parental limiting event, but none of your friends actually saw it"?

wow, does that bring back memories, most of the current generation of skateboardes don't even know that it started 40 years ago. We didn't do the stair railings back then but we did the colt45 tall boys, and we were only 16.

Why do US-mkt traders make such a big deal about Nickme moves? Has Nickme been a reliable leading-indicator for US mkts? :unsure:

<Burp>!

gruff

No but if the cause is dollar drop rather than overvalue of Japanese stocks, then oil may spike up which will in turn could set off a panic reacation about it impacting "the recovery".

I remember reading somewhere that max price of Oil for a good economy was suppossed to be ~$24 range. If it is $34 instead then let the fun begin.

$875 gold! Remember I toldja to forget those "gold advisors" that were saying maybe we follow the 8 yr 1970s pattern?

$875 gold in 3 months? maybe I'm high-maybe the time frame's a bit off--but get your mind ready to see explosive action-let my good friend James Turk explain the possibility!

James Turk explains it all:

The last melt-up in gold occurred in 1999. After the announcement of the Washington Gold Agreement by the European central banks, gold climbed $60, or more than 20%, in just two weeks. It was a spectacular move, but that performance pales in comparison to the last melt-up that occurred in silver.

On March 20, 1987, silver closed in New York at $5.54. Just 24 trading days later, it closed in New York at $9.66, after trading above $10 intra-day. The gain was $4.12, or 74% in less than one month. It is clear that a melt-up can be a powerful force.

There is something useful that we can learn from these past examples, which is important if in fact another melt-up has already begun - as I expect it has. It is impossible to determine how big the melt-up will be or for how long it will last. But as these past examples show, when a melt-up does occur, the prices that result will probably go farther than most people at the time expect.

To use the percentage gains in the above two examples and assuming a starting point of $380 for gold and $5 for silver, a 20% gain would mean $456 gold and $6 silver.

A 74% gain would mean $675 gold and $8.70 silver. These prices are not offered as projections or predictions. Rather, my message is more important. These prices are meant to alert you that if a melt-up has begun, then OPEN YOUR MIND for all possibilities, including prices that today seem, well, impossible.

And that's the point of this alert. In a melt-up, anything is possible, including of course that this melt-up could fizzle out because nothing about markets is certain, inevitable or predictable.

THIS ARTICLE CAN BE found at

http://goldmoney.com/en/commentary.php#current

That is a fantasy that I could only dream of.

Gold, and especially silver, can go to ALMOST ANY NUMBER of dollars. People talk about deflation. Deflation occurs when the supply of money in circulation goes down. Unfortunately, there is a very large number of foreigners willing to make very sure that our supply of dollars doesn't go down. :o :o :o

<Burp>!

gruff

Gruff, what time is it out there???

Rainsford Yang at Astrikos has always focused on the Nikkei as a leading indicator for world stock index direction, fwiw......

Archived