The Interconnected Web Of All Life

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right, so all these jobs being created are evidence of the improving economy will will force interest rates higher which will collapse employment levels all across the housing and auto sectors, to name but two. The hypocrisy and outright lying by our economic and political leadership is reminiscent of the worst nationalism the world has ever known, IMO.

Worse yet is the readiness of otherwise intelligent observers and participants to believe it.

Wavelet bounce here- if it doesn't set a new day high, then the bulls are in trouble. Order to sell NQ at 1458.

Right, so all these jobs being created are evidence of the improving economy will will force interest rates higher which will collapse employment levels all across the housing and auto sectors, to name but two. The hypocrisy and outright lying by our economic and political leadership is reminiscent of the worst nationalism the world has ever known, IMO.

They are only doing what they do best. B)

Manufacturing employment dropped, as did some services like mortgage banking (surprise!). The big gains were business and technical as well as health and social services.

The report is well worth reading.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

i dunno if it is absolutely the same in the US, but in Germany there is no real built up in industrial jobs since the early 70s or so. The reason is the monster style productivity gianes. One single steel worker today produces 10 times more (or even moe) steel than 30 years or so ago.

I am not sure, but i think that during the whole bull market from 1982-2000 there was even a descrease in industrial jobs, at least if you calculate it as percent of total workforce.

So i really dunno if it makes that much sense to focus on an increasde of industrial jobs as an indicator of the "well going" of the economy.

What I can't handle is the fact that the eminent Asshole, Larry Kurdlow was right and I was wrong.

I used to feel the same way as you Scott. The fact that Kudlow happened to be in alignment with this move (he'd have to be eventually, he's never been bearish that I've seen) should have no bearing on your read of the market. There were 2 possibilities, he could have been right or wrong, the broken clock analogy has never been more appropriate.

You've provided excellent (and profitable) analysis, keep it comin'. A time for all seasons ... Kudlow will be fully invested all the way down. Those of us that can trade a market from both sides will be just fine.

That this is the greatest distribution in history, as measured by the insider buy/sell ratio, is fact. That it is a pyramid scheme built on the 401K/IRA fraud is also fact. Corporate insiders and Wall Street are at the base. All pyramids eventually collapse. All those not at the base will be bagholders.

You know, I can live with underperforming horribly over the past 1 year.

I can live with identifying heatmappers like IIJI, GOAM, AOLa, etc well in advance of their big moves but failing to capitalize.

I can live with constant gaps over resistance.

I can live with 30% kneecappings on previously unbeatable stocks.

I can live with stocks being overvalued by a factor of 100%.

I can live with Bookie Al doing everything he can to save the planet and f*cking things up for future generations.

I can live with the Administration making a middle east land grab to secure cheap oil for debt-addicted Americans.

What I can't handle is the fact that the eminent Asshole, Larry Kurdlow was right and I was wrong.

Turd that.. :angry:

Archived