Gold Has Become The Best Investment

BEARDRECH- You are registered on this board with the user name shown. Please log in. You need to use all upper case letters.

To all, if you are registered on the old Intraday Stool message board you are registered on this board, but you will need to log in. Also, please reset your avatar if it si showing up as a red X. If you are registered on the YABBSE board, but no the old IDS Ikonboard, you will need to registere on this one.

Guest posting will be disallowed after December 7.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"dogboy,

what was the symbol for that option play???"

JUN 2004 COMEX GOLD is GCM04.

It can take 203 weeks to acquire even a few contracts this far out because they aren't very liquid.

I think that anyone writing Gold Calls this far out (in time) has to be a lunatic given the world situation today. They must not like being rich.

Or maybe they don't read the news ?

The odds of a major event (terrorist attack, WWIII, etc.) are quite high in this time period.

Anyway I'll be glad to take this Gold off their hands as they apparently don't need it.

Our guest said:

"Gold will be useless".

Well.. gold is pretty much the only currency that we can trace back to before the time of Christ.

Can anyone show me a time when it was as worthless as a UAL I.O.U.?

Maxxpain made an interesting statement:

"I don't think of gold as an investment, but as insurance. In my brokerage account I bought some gold stocks just so all the cash wouldn't be in their putrid money market account. "

I agree, physical gold is perhaps one of the best catastrophe insurances.. but if we study the history of gold it has had 2 massive moves to the upside in the last 25 years... a steady move up recently, but nothing massive.

In response to Maxxpain, I would say I wouldn't be very surprised to see gold at 300 a year from now, but also not very surprised to see it at 500 either.

It likes to do a run every now and then.

I also see little downside from here.. sure, a few TA guys like Neely think it could go to 200 or 250, but If we south of 300, I will take all of you for a free lunch at one of the Burger Kings that hasn't closed as an apology for my poor judgement. :P

Archived