Grace

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Futures indicating new highs on all indicies except DJX

Gold still holding +$3.50

... which will mean new lows in implied volatility.

My instinct would be to sell the news, if I wasn't already short. But Mr. Marke hasn't been paying much attention to me lately.

Set realistic goals -- if the index fuc-u-tures close below the open, that would be a small victory. We've got Snowman (best player on our team) on deck at 10:00 a.m. Surely he will come through for us, as he always does.

Remember just TWO DAYS AGO when the Fed told us there was possible danger ahead for the economy?

I know NOBODY cares the Fed is bald face lying to keep interest rates low.

Nice to see nodoy learned nothing in the last 3 years.

Yary - "Two days ago"...that's a trailing indicator, dude! Get with the program. "Today's" GDP is where it's at!

Triple red by the close, or I'm back to Yahoo and RagingBull.

Will short FNM on any strength.

I'll post this one last time. I really never thought the QQQ's would get here. But, if the QQQ's hit the 1.618 area, I'll sell the miners and short though Ryvnx.

QQQ's on closing basis:

A. Oct02 20.06

B. Dec02 28.00

C. Feb03 23.80

D. ????

A to B=C to D

1-1.5 fib D= 35.71

1-1.618 D= 36.64

Those are on a closing basis. Intraday, the spike would be higher.

Futures indicating new highs on all indicies except DJX

Gold still holding +$3.50

... which will mean new lows in implied volatility.

My instinct would be to sell the news, if I wasn't already short. But Mr. Marke hasn't been paying much attention to me lately.

Set realistic goals -- if the index fuc-u-tures close below the open, that would be a small victory. We've got Snowman (best player on our team) on deck at 10:00 a.m. Surely he will come through for us, as he always does.

Nasty having trouble staying over the breakout line. Spoos stalled 1pt over, DJX approx 20 under

Among the heady GDP news the jobless claims this morning aren't getting as much attention:

First-time claims for state unemployment insurance benefits fell to 386,000 in the week ended Oct. 25 .... from a revised 391,000 the previous week

Last week they reported:

New applications filed for jobless benefits declined by a seasonally adjusted 4,000 to 386,000. Claims for the week ending Oct. 11 were revised up to 390,000 rather than the 384,000 previously reported

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...o_ec_fi/economy

So, in brief:

- Last week was revised up by 5k

- The week before was revised up by 6k

I should have kept the links from the past couple of months. I could have sworn this upward revision occurs every week.

Gotta go out today, but will leave this thought. J6P thinks "strong GDP is bullish." Not so.

Check out that last higher GDP report, 19 years ago in 1Q 1984. The DJIA had hit its peak at 1287 on 29 Nov 1983. It sold off sharply in the blowout 1st quarter of 1984, and carried on falling until 24 July 1984 when it bottomed for the year at 1086.

GDP is one of those Goldilocks statistics - "not too weak and not too strong" is potentially bullish. Extremes (weak or strong) spook Mr. Marke.

Archived