Hard Candy

FxFox if I were you I wouldn't mess with an anti-virus expert. It could be dangerous to your computer's health. :grin:

Not really. (I do realize that you're kidding, but I just can't resist.) Most of us (including myself) have very strong ethical principles and would never use our knowledge to cause damage to anyone - no more than a physician would use his or her knowledge to kill.

Of course, just as there are unethical physicians and corrupt policemen, there are unethical anti-virus researchers, too. But that's usually expressed in them putting the financial well-being of the company they work for above the principle of helping people and sharing information with other anti-virus experts.

No, nothing as sinister as intentionally writing and releasing viruses, despite the persistent myth that we do so. More like hyping an anti-virus product that provides less than adequate protection; or not fixing a fundamental flaw in their product which, in some cases, would result in that product accidentally creating new virus variants from the old ones; or not exercising a strident enough control on their virus collections; or suggesting methods for testing of anti-virus products that would require the tester to create new viruses from the existing ones (albeit viruses which are likely to be created in a natural way by Microsoft's products anyway).

But these are rare exceptions; not the rule.

Regards,

Vesselin

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no problem with Bontchev's statement, and do not consider it bragadocious or self-serving. Hat's off! There are many great talents in Stoolville.

There ARE internet manners, but humility is strictly a face-to-face thing. One's achievements are usually known within a crowd of familiar faces, so one need not brag. The loud-mouth is quickly put to rest in these situations. On the internet, most of us here are faceless and nameless, and desire the lack of real-world familiarity. That B. puts his real face and name forward, along with several others here, in my view, entitles him to make statements which, were he using another moniker/avatar, would be laughable.

Hear, hear!

And I for one am grateful for his willingness to spend his time helping us out.

I have no problem with Bontchev's statement, and do not consider it bragadocious or self-serving. Hat's off! There are many great talents in Stoolville.

There ARE internet manners, but humility is strictly a face-to-face thing. One's achievements are usually known within a crowd of familiar faces, so one need not brag. The loud-mouth is quickly put to rest in these situations. On the internet, most of us here are faceless and nameless, and desire the lack of real-world familiarity. That B. puts his real face and name forward, along with several others here, in my view, entitles him to make statements which, were he using another moniker/avatar, would be laughable.

You mean those aren't your real names and pictures? :huh:

45 degree angles were significant to Gann. Looks like we just dropped below...on the 30 minute chart....and 895SPX was beginning to assume some kind of religious significance. I almost shoved a cross through the screen :grin:

All I want for Xmas is no 895.

Those bottoming 13 weekers and stoolicators are also giving me something to worry about. Down the slope of worry.....?

Eggnog should be soothing.

Love next year's outlook; if it comes to fruition, this bear is set for life.

engine.asp?skin=marketscreen&split=1&pri=&time=&cname=&lcprice=&symbol=spx&indicator=32,5,3,3;35,,,&intr=5,30&type=4&width=480&height=360

There are only 1/4B shares traded, and the day's half over. NOTHING will get out of hand today. Option spreads/premiums are sucker priced today, count on at least 1/2 time value loss from today until anything gets in gear (after 1/1/3). The FED, Gang, Boyz or even my mother's investment club could jam it with a pinky finger today if they had a mind to.

Best of Holiday's, Everyone!

One day, when we're all filthy stinking rich (covered in Stool?), we should make our own Bond movie. We could cast Dr. B. as the mad anti-virus expert gone awry!

:lol: This autumn, three journalists from some obscure German TV program wanted to interview me "on Bulgarian background". They paid me the trip from Iceland to go to Bulgaria and flew there themselves to interview me. At some point, one of them (the sound technician) dressed in a suit "to look as a Bond girl", they explained me. :D Although, if you ask me, she looked much better in her normal everyday clothes. ;)

They said that the interview should be aired somewhere in March. I wish I could remember the name of the TV program... It's a subdivision of ZDF (the Second German TV program) and is often used to air TV programs made as diplom projects of students... Wait, got it - it was ARTE.

Regards,

Vesselin

Archived