Hard Candy

"she is no babae, but a world class virus expert like me!", well vesselin, at least we cant say that you dont have self-confidence.

Fx, I am one of the world's top computer anti-virus experts. There are probably less than three dozen people in the whole freakin' world who have a level of expertise in this field that is comparable to mine. I have created some of the terms that are currently in use in this field; I have invented some of the basic concepts. My Ph.D. is used by some anti-virus companies to train their researchers. I have created the science of computer anti-virus research in my country of origin. Several of my papers have layed the basic grounds in this field.

It is not a matter of self-confidence; it is a matter of fact. If you have the time and the inclination, search google for "vesselin bontchev". Then, if you feel bored, you can spend a few months reading the 2830 references you'll come up with - and that's only on web pages; if you search the newsgroups, you'll get many, many more.

Compared to that, in the field of technical analysis of the financial markets I am only a pitiful amateur. ;)

Regards,

Vesselin

Dr.B, I'm truly impressed. A friend of my son is also an expert on the internet side of DoS including virii that works 'with' (relationship is probably classified secret or higher) with the US Air Force or ?. He is on call 24/7 and has to fly wherever he is needed on military aircraft. Truly awesome you guys are! (yoda impression) :)

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Happy (belated) Birthday to AgentSmith, who celebrated this past Sunday. My regrets for not picking up on that yesterday.

Hey tank you Gladiator! I'm a whole quarter century old now! :D

And tanks to all fellow Stoollies here at IDS and Mark to Market, etc. for sharing your valuable knowledge and insights - I feel quite lucky to be learning so much at a young age...I'm sure it'll pay dividends for years to come. The only market I've known since entering the 'real world' after college has been this bear market...it's leaving quite an impression on us young folk!!

AMZN is making me work - I knew that though when building my short position on this manipulated pig (1200 shares no margin...a lot for little old me). Can't wait for this baby to tank and come to daddy, bwahahaha.

I work for a company owned by NYSE:TOC - westlaw.com is my area of concern, as an FYI.

To quote doc, many tanks!

AgentSmith

Fx, I am one of the world's top computer anti-virus experts. There are probably less than three dozen people in the whole freakin' world who have a level of expertise in this field that is comparable to mine.

thats just what made me laugh. It isnt a laugh of misrespect or whatever, it is just the same like if doc would say: "listen folks, i am the greatest cycle anal cyst on this freakin planet!"

:lol: :lol:

FxFox if I were you I wouldn't mess with an anti-virus expert. It could be dangerous to your computer's health. :grin:

My (imperfect) memory reminds me that even when gold was at $800 a couple decades ago, there were many disbelievers. It fell back quickly to the 400-500 range, but even then, had few mainstream believers. Silver, of course, was a "manipulated" market in the publics eye.

The reason precious (by the way, you GOTTA see that naked Yoda psycho-midget on LOR2) metals are climbing in Sinclair's phase II, is that "wall of worry". As long as gold is fringe and it holds its long term trend line, I'll hold it. I won't buy more, and will avoid miners, until we get a needed pullback. Sold a couple dozen oz. at $348 per advice of Sinclair and my wife, who wanted a diamond (she was tired of her gold ring she's had for 20 years). I could not sway her gold-bearish logic.

Anyway Procto, keep those tomatoes and octopus' coming! The stage is already set, bro.

thats just what made me laugh. It isnt a laugh of misrespect or whatever, it is just the same like if doc would say: "listen folks, i am the greatest cycle anal cyst on this freakin planet!"

The example is a bit too specific. But if Hurst himself said that he was one of the world's top technical analysis, it would be similarly a fact and no laughing matter. Just like Hurst was the best in some sub-field of technical analysis (cycle analysis), I am probably the best in a sub-field of computer anti-virus research - macro viruses.

Anyway; I'm glad I made you smile. B)

Regards,

Vesselin

Fx, I am one of the world's top computer anti-virus experts. There are probably less than three dozen people in the whole freakin' world who have a level of expertise in this field that is comparable to mine.

:lol: :lol:

It's not boasting if its true!

Don't know if Doc is the best, probably is. I do know he's the funniest!

I'm the WBA, WBC and IBF...............Consensus Champ of Losing Money in the Markets................

Check Out my Books at Amazon................."Why my wife left me for my Margin Clerk at Brown &. Co".....&......"Uncle Al's Ace in the Hole versus my Five".......................

Merry Christmas to all................And to all a Good Night................ :)

I have no problem with Bontchev's statement, and do not consider it bragadocious or self-serving. Hat's off! There are many great talents in Stoolville.

There ARE internet manners, but humility is strictly a face-to-face thing. One's achievements are usually known within a crowd of familiar faces, so one need not brag. The loud-mouth is quickly put to rest in these situations. On the internet, most of us here are faceless and nameless, and desire the lack of real-world familiarity. That B. puts his real face and name forward, along with several others here, in my view, entitles him to make statements which, were he using another moniker/avatar, would be laughable.

Archived