SP Gann Anal-ysis

Is anyone finding this stuff interesting OR hopefully useful!

Please anybody...somebody just leave me a note just to let me know.

Just a HI Hanky would be fine!

Speaking of HI here's another chart with my HI-5 "Hanky Indicator"

It also has my FCS trading system signals using another indicator called

FCS=fractal composite system applied to the HUI. The system has been backtested from several years prior to gold's bull market and given superb results comparable to buy and hold with downside protected. I have been trading the signals the past two years long only buying GOLDX mutual fund for handsome gains. I can upload the metastock system test results for it if anyone is interested...but don't ask me to divulge the HI-5 or FCS formulas.

Regards,

Mr. Hanky

post-13-1066934610.gif

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is anyone finding this stuff interesting OR hopefully useful!

Please anybody...somebody just leave me a note just to let me know.

Just a HI Hanky would be fine!

Speaking of HI here's another chart with my HI-5 "Hanky Indicator"

It also has my FCS trading system signals using another indicator called

FCS=fractal composite system applied to the HUI. The system has been backtested from several years prior to gold's bull market and given superb results comparable to buy and hold with downside protected. I have been trading the signals the past two years long only buying GOLDX mutual fund for handsome gains. I can upload the metastock system test results for it if anyone is interested...but don't ask me to divulge the HI-5 or FCS formulas.

Regards,

Mr. Hanky

HI Hanky

Great charts :P :P :P :P :P :P

Just keep posting.

Any thought on this chart? ----->>>>>>>>>>Click Here<<<<<<<<<<<<

Many thanks

Take care.

FF,

I see some similarities in your charts of the NIKKEI and NDX, FF. But I would need a lot more to go on to trade.

Here's my chart with just some of things I use to trade the Cubes.

I mostly trade the QQQ's and GOLD stocks,funds(GOLDX). Only trade individual stocks if the set-up has got a lot going for it (convergent features supporting the trade).

I use Gann, EW, FIBO, classic patterns, non-classic patterns(i.e. smackdowns), indicators with some of my own to boot, to trade. I look for CV's or convergences... the more varied and non-correlated indicators & methods that point to the same outcome agree, the more I am willing to take the trade.

But out of all of this, I value Gann the most!

Been trading since early 90's...bull market was easy and I made a lot using simple, classic no brains(bull more than brains) and made a lot of money( real killing in biotechs). Was good enough to spot a top coming in Jan 2000 and got all my retirement money out before the March top which turned out to be the big top. Since then I have had to go back to the books BIG TIME to pull money out of this thing...at least gold has given me another bull that's easy to make money in, so far.

Regards,

Mr. Hanky

post-13-1066948864.gif

Thanks for the feedback, I was thinking I might just be posting to myself and maybe I would move on to another venue.

But "The End" I have to STRONGLY disagree with their bullish projections in 2004 derived from using weekly Gann angles on 2000 high and 2002 low and probably some of their own cycle work.

I do not know Larry or blackbelt...how much about Gann do they really know?

Any real Gann trader would adamantly tell you 2004 will be a BEAR year and by that I mean >6 months will be in a bear market. If the Gann 1987 zero line gets taken out it will turn into utter DEVASTATION and I see this as a STRONG possibility.

I also happen to be VERY skeptical about the hypothetical continued NIKKEI trajectory following of our SP or the long sideways market theory.

Regards,

MrHanky

The End ... I kind of like to keep this in the public forum otherwise I prefer to correspond by e-mail. I went right to sleep after my last post and I have a touch of the flu...

But, I have a lot of charting projects planned for the weekend. One thing that I am having problems with is getting Gann Trader 3 to run in a window so that I can snapshot screens. I have contacted them and their suggestions don't seem to work on my machine. I have Gannalyst Pro, Advanced GET, Fibon-Galactic Trader,& Metastock and many others but none have the great Gann features of Gann Trader 3. I have written a lot of my own formulas for Metastock to apply some of my most used Gann overlays on the price axis but I am having trouble coding the things I want it to do on the time axis. I spend 70% of the time using Metastock and various trading screens I have set up, the rest using AGET and GannTrader3.

I only position trade ETF's and stocks. I have a day job and its a great one that I really enjoy 3-4 days a week and its not at all related to trading!

Regards,

MrHanky

post-13-1067032574.gif

Big Picture ...I have been watching the 1987 weekly Gann relationship for a long time...I am just surprised any professional trader that knows Gann has not been???

I have read and studied Gann Masters&Gann Masters II from Hallikers, Bill McLaren's Gann Simplified and other courses(He's one of the greatest modern day Gann experts I know). Connie Brown of Aerodynamic Investments is another modern day Gann Master and her book and courses are top gun...but expensive!

post-13-1067033013.gif

"Charts are records of past market movements. The future is but a repetition of the past. As the Bible says -- 'The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be, and there is nothing new under the sun'

History repeats and with charts and rules we determine when and how it is going to repeat. Therefore, the first and most important point to learn is how to make charts correctly because if you make an error in the chart,

you will make an error in applying the rules to your trading."

W.D. Gann (From his Stock Market Trading Course)

Very well done, Mr. Hanky, but some of our younger and less experienced Stoolies might not understand what you mean by "planetary" anal-Isis. Perhaps you could explain briefly, for their benefit. For example, where do those lines come from? What's the difference between planet work and cycle work? On your list of indicators, how stongly would you rate "planetary" indicators?

Archived