Suddenly And Without Warning . . .

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drove by the Mall in Queens NY. That's as close as I get. Heavy traffic but I have no way of knowing what sales were.

From the various reports it looks like a mixed bag. Not a disaster but not great. Most retailers were cautious so they probably won't take a big hit.

The US consumer will shop, spend and get into debt until dragged away kicking and screeming. It's a sorry state of affairs.

When the end comes no one will really need anything.

Glad I covered Friday.

Vesselin, I think you might have just broken my brain ?:grin:

smileydies.gifbiglaugh.gif

And this one is for Glad, who seems to be a Star Wars fan, like me: lsvader.gif

And, of course, Doc just has to import this one, to use every time the market is manipulated to go up: puke.gif

Or maybe this one: kloguck.gif

Anyway - Merry Christmas. wmann3.gifsantabgrin.gif

Regards,

Vesselin

Thank you, Vesselin!

B000009ORQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The first 10 minutes of this movie are about as gory as it gets. The idea that even as zombies Americans are drawn to the Mall is genius.

Rich

Editorial Reviews

Amazon.com

George Romero's 1978 follow-up to his classic Night of the Living Dead is quite terrifying and gory (those zombies do like the taste of living flesh). But in its own way, it is just as comically satiric as the first film in its take on contemporary values. This time, we follow the fortunes of four people who lock themselves inside a shopping mall to get away from the marauding dead and who then immerse themselves in unabashed consumerism, taking what they want from an array of clothing and jewelry shops, making gourmet meals, etc. It is Romero's take on Louis XVI in the modern world: keep the starving masses at bay and crank up the insulated indulgence. Still, this is a horror film when all is said and done, and even some of Romero's best visual jokes (a Hare Krishna turned blue-skinned zombie) can make you sweat. The "Special Edition" DVD release has a widescreen presentation, theatrical trailer, and Dolby sound. --Tom Keogh --This text refers to the VHS Tape edition.

...getting out of Philadelphia when dead bodies turn into zombies and start killing the living. This film is atmospheric and claustrophobic. And Romero's idea of using a shopping mall as the setting of the core of the story was a true stroke of genius -- where better to confront the human condition of materialism, selfishness, and a whole ton of nasty zombies?

look out below after this seasonal rally crap is over.

From StockMarketTimer.com on sentiment:

Market Sentiment: ? The annual Business Week survey of stock market anal cysts is out and guess what? Just like the Small S&P Traders above, the so-called market experts are overwhelmingly bullish for 2003. A whopping 89% of the anal cysts polled thought that the Dow would be above its current level by mid-2003 and 94% were bullish for year-end. The median expectation for the Dow was a 9.3% gain by mid-year and a 16% rise by year-end. The Russell 2000 was forecast to advance by 21% for 2003 and the Nasdaq Composite Index by 25%. If history is any guide, we can expect another down year for the stock market based on this wrong-way survey. Whenever the survey has been neutral, the next year has been up, but when it has been bullish, the market has finished the year lower. The stock groups preferred by experts have generally been among the worst performers also. For 2003, the anal cysts like healthcare, technology and financial issues. The most out-of-favor groups were energy, retailers and basic materials.

COT shows commercials and large traders going heavily short. Small traders are wildly bullish net long 100,000. Last time they cranked it this high was March 2002. Speaks for itself.

In NYC Macy's and Lord & Taylor sent out thier post christmas sale brochures last week. Can't be good. We have also been getting one or two new sale flyers in the mail with ever increasing discounts everyday for the past two weeks. On saturday went to the Costco, Home Depot, Stew Leonards-a huge theme gorcery store for those outside NY/CT-in YOnkers. Half the Yonkers police force was out to direct traffic but there was less than usual. Also, strangely the lots were more full than usual but the stores were less crowded. Maybe all those temporay seasonal employees were tking up lot space. All in all shopping was much eaiser than I could have hoped.

Archived