Suddenly And Without Warning . . .

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our local mall traffic through December has been about half what I've seen in previous years, and even Walmart has been lighter.

Until this Saturday when the mall was crowded for the first time I've seen. It really did seem as though everyone was waiting until the last minute sales and discounts. But it still wasn't as crowded as last year. And almost EVERYTHING had a sale sign on it.

And the flyers in the newspaper are much thicker with sale offers.

Retail looks like a real stinker.

in germany retailers were not that satisfied with christmas sales. The city was packed, but there was 2 weeks ago a big commercial campaign in newspapers, that retailers will lower prices before christmas. That is very uncommon, usually they do tha in january.

So you can say, they sold the same amount as last year, but for 20% less money or so.

Here, Orlando, Walmart full pack deep all lines 10 deep this weekend, but Best Buys slow more people too wait on you then customers.

Now THAT is amazing. I've never been in a Best Buy where ANYONE was willing to help you, even if, or maybe especially if, there are a bunch of salespeople standing around yacking to each other.

Hmm, demographics may be the answer -- maybe in Florida, the older crowd already has all the technology they want. Or maybe the snowbirds are still up north, buying at Best Buy while the ones already in Florida are at Walmart buying smaller mailable items for the kids/grandkids?

4, count 'em 4, whipsaws on the 5 hour ozzie resolved to the upside. After all the gyratrions, the Pre-market cycle map looks on target. 3 day ozzie turned up again too. 8 day has strengthened. No change in cmaps yet.

CBOE Intra-day Put/Call

9:00 AM CST

Equity 0.49

Index 0.78

Overall 0.54

is that reliable today? It would clearly indicate that we go down.

fxfox - I'd be more concerned about volume since it'll probably be low and the MM's can have thier way - probably pushing prices up.

Archived