PMS Daily Digger For Fryday October 3, 2003

PMS hanging in. Above Hooey 200 and I think we move to new highs. However we have to get by Friday first. It's their fave day to take down the golds. Golds continue to move like the broads. It's obviously a liquidity thing. EGO moved down to my target 2.37 (low 2.36) and bounced strongly. A good sign. Anyway I'm not making big commitments here in the PMS and for the time being playing my cards short term. The broads SHOULD crack, SHOULD HAVE cracked but continue to hang in. That all I need to know for now. For LT analysis on the broads please visit the Bear Zone and add your 2 cents. And don't forget to have a look at DrAu's Pubic Fart Lisp for PMS and ETF ANALysis. I worked hard to update that. :blink: :blink:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From yesterday's thread.

From AB ...

Well Clamboy she looks to have struck a Muscle shoal ... hahahahaha

dacayyay[pb50!b200!f][vc60][iUb14!La12,26,9]&pref=G]http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?...12,26,9]&pref=G

hammer bottom massive capitulation volume will wait to see if we can enter a bounce trade tomorrow.....

Are you still banging on about that dog? No friend of mine. I like MNG not MNG.TO which is MDG to me. That being said high volume often marks change in trend. You may well be looking at a ST low, at least, there. Not that I'm playing it.

What happens to Russ - he takes buss

XAU takes a hike

ripe for the broads to fall apart after it reclaims the three black crows on lighter volume, then we get a springboard in the golds

guess they need to keep the market elevated so they can pass the 87 billion times four budget for Iraq - can't have that one on a sour note.

Print more money honey and add a little inflation

Keep hope alive with a beautiful carnation

Tar and feather the public with a little tarnation

Sir Al has a way to transfer your elevation

To the world wide cause for Babilation.

Meet me in Central Iraq

and I show you some cracks

from a long ago tower

where they thought they had power.

1 more nation

in this little privation

don't forget to add

a little jiration

and you got yourself

a cause to direct your weath.

post-11-1065158147_thumb.gif

Does it still ring true

when out of the blue

the wall street crew

comes to take away the blue

and what goes up is the XAU

gimme a crumb

gimme a crunch

gimme a lump

in the ol wall street lunch

1, 2 buckle my shoe

I'm off to story land

where I don't know boo

post-11-1065159306.gif

No pics yet. Maybe we can have a vacation pictures thread so I can live vicariously through it.

When I have some time I will revisit your charts Thor--I looked several weeks ago but have a little better eye now thanks to all the good folks here.

Just finished yesterday's thread and looked at all of AB's links. I think it's starting to sink in a little. :blink:

HUI's 'R Stocks

Gold is Not

Your Golden Stool, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded. Even if you are not a goldbug, you should read the Golden Stool! A daily Anals release. Take a subscribatory and get your daily release of the Golden Stool RIGHT NOW!

PMS Daily Digger For Fryday October 3, 2003, PMS ripe for a move.

Would that be up or down :huh:

To be frank, I don't know. That's why I'm only 10% long PMS. Let's get thru today first then see what next week brings. If gold breaks last weeks low then almost for sure down. If not then we still have non-confirmation. If gold however continues up next week then we're odds on for new highs all around and a significant rally. Your little bear flag on the Zow will quickly morph into yet another bottoming pattern. My TA is only half done on the PMS so I'm half blind however. Still playing ketchup.

PMS hanging in. Above Hooey 200 and I think we move to new highs. However we have to get by Friday first. It's their fave day to take down the golds. Golds continue to move like the broads. It's obviously a liquidity thing. EGO moved down to my target 2.37 (low 2.36) and bounced strongly. A good sign. Anyway I'm not making big commitments here in the PMS and for the time being playing my cards short term. The broads SHOULD crack, SHOULD HAVE cracked but continue to hang in. That all I need to know for now. For LT analysis on the broads please visit the Bear Zone and add your 2 cents. And don't forget to have a look at DrAu's Pubic Fart Lisp for PMS and ETF ANALysis. I worked hard to update that. :blink: :blink:

Agree completely. Again, the POG looks like consolidation, but the PM's and the HUI look to be telling us that higher gold prices are on the way. Still watching the 40 DMA and Hamilton's relative Hui ratio, if it gets to 1.5 I will sell Pm's in anticipation of a pullback, but not physical, because longer term, I believe we go much higher.

So far, POG doing well overseas but comex tells the tale. The buck is the key and intervention does not appear to be helping all that much, which says to me maybe slight up, before new lows. New lows on the buck mean $400-$500 on the POG in Sinclair's opinion. I agree.

As far as the broads, we may get another re-test of the highs, before backing off for a 5-10% correction later in the month. Looking for a crash is a mistake IMO. Selling to lock in gains against previous losses is a possibility. Free money.

Hamilton states that as of 10/9/03 the broads will be up over 20% for a one year period which the media and anal cysts will classify as a "new" bull market. When that happens, we might get the selloff, but it might only be brief.

Ketchup - from yesterday - its called consolidation in a bullish way that could make your day or else... a light volume pullback is better than anything else

http://www.smallinvestors.com/gold/Goldindexnew.htm

http://www.smallinvestors.com/gold/XAUvolumes.htm

PRECIOUS METALS RECAP

10/2/2003

The bull camp continues to be disappointed but with the Dollar holding mostly higher on the session one can't become too concerned about the lackluster action. There was some divergence between the silver and gold Thursday but in the end both market ended weaker. The silver market almost violated critical chart support levels and that should not be taken lightly, as the silver market probably continues to carry a massive small spec and fund long position. The type of long component in place in gold and silver is such that seeing sustained corrective action might begin to result in some long liquidation!

Technical Outlook

SILVER (DEC): The market tilt is slightly negative with the close under the pivot. Initial support for silver is at 507.3 and below there at 504.6 with resistance likely at 510.7 and 512.8. A negative signal for trend short-term was given on a close under the 9-bar moving average. Daily stochastics declining into Dover Sole territory suggest the selling may be drying up soon. The next downside objective is 504.6.

GOLD (DEC): Support for gold today comes in near 380.15, while resistance is pegged at 387.35. Stochastics trending lower at midrange will tend to reinforce a move lower especially if support levels are taken out. The next downside target is now at 380.15. It is a slightly negative indicator that the close was under the swing pivot. The close below the 9-day moving average is a negative short-term indicator for trend.

COPPER MARKET RECAP

10/2/2003

The copper market posted a very impressive rally Thursday and that rally was accomplished in the face of poor economic numbers and a weak stock market. In fact, the copper market managed to rally aggressively despite seeing talk of production restarts. Maybe the fact that the worlds largest copper producer raised its 2004 premiums to European customers sends a signal that demand is getting strong enough to raise prices caused the market to rally. It is now expected that premium levels in the Pacific Rim will also rise and that could give the overnight markets a reason to follow US prices higher.

---

The apex looks like its around 384.50

post-11-1065183116.gif

Night shift is over - handing my apples over to those who don't combust spontaneously in the presence of sunlight *crunch*

Dentist found two whole new nerves I never knew I had yesterday icon8.gif

We've got about a week left before I call our last POG top an 8n day cycle top and start getting serious about digging out another bottom :lol: If we don't get a higher high then the figures I've already given should be close.

Goodnight. Trade safe. Tread softly over hard water. Eat salt to retain water. Water the plants would'ya.

-ChixieDi... *ahem* never mind...

Archived