Glossary Part 3

More Mark To Market terminology......

EuroZone Bagholders

European investment banks and insurance companies. Chronic case of U.S. Envy. Always the last ones to the party. Always trying to play ?catch up? with the U.S. banks in their attempt to be ?global players? in Financial Exotica. As a result, they take on the most dangerous roles in the Structured Finance Arena, as U.S. bankers dump heaps of risk onto these hapless institutions. Believed to be the Ultimate Bagholders stuck with the enormous amount of credit insurance, credit derivatives, dollar swaps, and interest rate risk which most people think has been offloaded into Outer Space.

Fumble Managers

27-year old Mutual Fund managers. All paid to beat the S & P 500. None fired in a bear market, as long as they don?t lose as much as the benchmark. But all careers are at risk if they miss any type of tech stock rally. Performance the last 3 years has been dismal, therefore none have received bonuses in a long time. Wives and girlfriends are getting impatient with the lack of living of standard increases, and are becoming increasingly bored. Now accepting solicitations from those suitors who have higher income visibility, such as Iranian Plastic Surgeons. Fumble managers are now feeling the heat, therefore they are making increasingly risky bets on tech stocks, in high concentrations, using full Bank of America Credit Line Availability. Buy and hold timeframes have been shortened from 5 years to 5 days. No more field visits, research, or due diligience. Buy/sell decisions based on price action and charts only, using the HeatMap to spot early breakouts.

George Washington

Louis Rukeyser, host of Wall Street Week. Always has 3 Fumble Managers as panelists, and a ?special guest? on his program. Still waiting for the day when Program Robots are featured guests, since they are the ones doing most of the trading these days.

Heat Map

Website posting the top percentage movers or decliners of the Nasdaq 100 in real time. Most popular stock market site on the planet. Primary tool used by the Fumble Managers to chase stocks or detect the occasional blowup. Used extensively by daytraders to skirt chase the Supermodels up the Stripper Pole.

HedgeHog

Hedge Fund Managers. Fumble Managers on steroids, able to game stocks, options, and other exotica without the usual restrictions placed on the more conservative mutual funds. Biggest users of proprietary Black Box trading computers, which spit out buy and sell orders, which in turn are e-mailed to 22-year old X-Box gamers, fastest ones to pull off lightening executions. All have high speed data lines wired to the Matrix Computers, to spot the indiscriminate futures buying program trades which originate out of mysterious Caribbean banking centers.

Not much to report today.

AMAT and GE went nowhere.

Scam Week next week. Best to close all trades and stand aside.

Big story of the weekend likely to be "The Hurricane".

Which way will she go????

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your Closing Anals Intraday are now posted. Take a subscribatory, open it and download it RIGHT NOW, along with everything else in your Anals!

Uncle Buck and the Long Bong Hit, including short and long term updated charts and price targets, is now loaded. Yields are high, and Uncle Buck is too. Take a subscribatory and get the latest whiff of the of the Long Bong Hit and Uncle Buck in the Anals RIGHT NOW!

Time to hedge your bets??

Looks like a Huge wedge with last wave to go. See how the movements have been getting smaller.

If the top lines get taken out then there must be something else going on and need to set the stop accordingly, Bottom line get taken out then just relax and enjoy the ride. Expecting up early next week.

Good Luck.

post-17-1063399465.gif

post-7-1063400203.gif

A rounding top week- For the week-Dow-down-Comp-down-Spoo's down-Ndx-down-Oex flat. We are setting ourselves up for a huge move here-which from an e wave perspective and cycle perspective should be down. Don't know wether you caught the story or not-it will be BIG news tomorrow-it seems the CueBall, little swinging Dick (a Dick in every sense of the word) the PrezyDent of the New Yawk Schlock Exchange last night appeared on Krudlow and Creamer and said ya know they pay me what they want-I don't set the compensation etc. all said with his furtive choir boy smarmy smile, and of course Creamer and Krudlow tut tutted that anyone would question little Swinging Dicks motives. At noon today Procto interviewed a big shot New Yawk Lawyer who happens to be an expert on the Exchange and who reads all the minutes of the compensation committee meetings. He said little Swinging Dick's contract was to expire in 2005 and little Dick approached the boyz to negotiate a new deal now to run thru 2006. He said that was most unusual since it had 3 more years to run and usually it's the committee that suggests negotiations for renewal in the last year of the contract. His over all take was it SMELLS and little Swinging Dick has to much influence over who gets what. My take is little Swinging Dick may have realized things will be a lot DIFFERENT in 2005 than they are now-like all the lights may be out. People suggesting that the Cueball is anything but a paragon of virtue-is just to damn much-ain't it-Trade Safe!

OK, everybody gets to watch PileDriver's BullStool.com Dongportfolio in real time.

Pile: Make sure you tell us when you sell......

http://stockcharts.com/candleglance?aai,%2...#124;C|d20

I'm still 125% long, but I dumped KRY and I sold a giant chunk of AU I had on margin. I'll let everyone know if I sell anything else, or decide to short something.....

Wndy,

Haven't posted in a while. I your post, last Sunday or Monday I think, for a west coast ASS gathering. Please add me to the list. I'm not sure I can attend, though I'd like to. When I know the date, I'll see what I can do. Thanks.

Fortress America - Stephen Roach 09/12/2003

Full text

An excerpt:

Legislation has been introduced in the US Congress that threatens to impose 27.5% across-the board tariffs on Chinese exports into the US if the RMB peg is not abandoned. ..... It is right out of the script of the nightmares of the 1930s. .......At present, the odds of this piece of legislation (S. 1586) being enacted are low.

President Herbert Hoover signed the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act into law in June 1930. Global trade retaliation quickly followed, as did a downward spiral of world trade. Many believe that was the decisive trigger for the Great Depression that was soon to follow. Such painful lessons should not be ignored in today?s post-bubble era.

Archived