Behind Bars

Someone on IDS the other day said he saw Spitzer on the Street in the morning, shook his hand and told him go ?get'em. I would have said screw the money, get a conviction, but of course that was impossible. I don't fault the guy. If it weren't for him there would have been nothing. Besides, the power is just too much to fight. . . .

It was me.

1) I didn't shake his hand (It was too cold out).

1) I did tell him to procecute vigorously and change the system fully so individual investors would have a fair deal. He said he'd do the best he could. I then didn't say what I thought which was, yea, swell :P ).

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One more thing. Spitzer's negotiations were nothing more than extortion to save the coffers of New York state. Those guys should have been put in jail. I've never really believed the liberal stuff about the "rich", but I am beginning to.

Anything confiscated from those pigs should be returned to the retail guys who trusted and lost their asses. :angry:

For the guy who said he thot Soros was one of the all time great investors. I saw a blurb on Bloomberg the he or someone who traded for him was found guilty of insider trading. It is easy to be great when you cheat. :angry:

If you think Atty Gen of NY is all the ambition young, earnest Eliott has, I have a bridge near where I work I would just love to sell ya.

This deal is locking in for Spitzer more money than any of his competitors for Governor could ever come up with.

Don't forget Spitzer did do one good thing-Grubman got a 15 million dollar fine and the slug is banned for life from the industry-now if only he did that to Sandy Weill. ?Trade Safe!

Agreed to a degree B4 but what's 15 mil when you have another 100 mil (and I'm probably being conservative). Grubby and the other wiseguys need to do time. Good ol' 5-10 time. That would be punishment to them and deterrent to others.

To all Gold naysayers:

No problem being a little cautious.

However, this week's technical breakout in gold was textbook. The gold contract weekly chart shows a decisive break of the 1987 trendline with a long, high volume candle.

Doesn't get any better than that.

And the long consolidation since the summer doesn't get more powerful than that.

All the negative sentiment surrounding gold and its shares and its valuation, etc. is no different than what people were saying about ORCL, DELL, CSCO, etc. in 1994.

This is the start of a mega bull.

It will last longer and go higher than most people will imagine.

It will be no different than any other mania.

Nice squeeze!

I mean the picture Mark.

Yeh, the bears got a holiday squeeze today.

The bullies will get the missile toe but not on Christmas.

What a joke today the 1-billion fine to the crooks of the century.

It should be interesting to see next week?s action. Can they pull it off? Probably!

The charts still look like hell.

We shall see what comes next.

I would like to wish Mark, Doc and all the stoolies the happiest holidays. It has been one hell of a year. I feel very fortunate to have stumbled across this board. We truly have some brilliant minds at work here. We may not all look out thru the same window but we all deal with reality which makes everyone here special, don?t let it slip away.

Honesty not truth is the key to limitless power. Honesty can never be manipulated or distorted. Truth is a static assertion which can always be manipulated to benefit the few.

May limitless prosperity rain down on everyone here!

Love the ones you are with and remember those which have passed, for memories are all we have in the end!

Peace everyone!

CYA

Optimism Reigns - By Robert Prechter, Steve Hochberg and Pete Kendall, December 2, 2002

An excerpt:

Some others report on the 4-year cycle, the 20-year cycle, the Decennial Pattern, the Presidential Cycle and such, of which I am keenly aware. These cycles have a pretty good record, so they are worth heeding to a degree, but in the current context, they are hooks. Nothing outweighs psychology, and when the dichotomy between them is as great as it is today, momentum and cycle tools must be given low weight.On my media tour in New York, I told each reporter that the market needed to see three things before the bear market could end: (1) reasonable valuations, (2) bear market psychology and (3) a completed wave pattern. Notice that I did not include any momentum indicators or cycles in this list. They will not matter until the other indicators are in place, and even then, they may not help in signaling the final bottom.

(comments: what is a "completed wave"? and why cycle tools must be given "low weight" in the current context?)

Guest AssMaster

SG: What irritates me is that I missed the exact low print of AMAT at 12.99. grrr. Of course you use leverage to make up for missing the exact low, which makes perfect sense.

TE: I agree completely. Goldbugs are exactly like investors in the Nasduck around say 1983. Very nervous. Gold goes up - crash. Gold goes down - crash.

_ixic.gif

Archived