Glossary Part 2

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

General Motors files to sell $10B in debt and stock (GM) by Michael Baron at MarketProp

NEW YORK (CBS.MW) -- General Motors (GM) shares slipped more than 2 percent to $41.67. The company has filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission for the sale of $10 billion in debt and stock. In addition, its General Motors Acceptance Corp. financing unit registered $12.44 billion in debt securities for sale, adding this amount to a previously registered $7.55 billion in debt to bring its total offering to $20 billion. Earlier Friday, GM announced a recall of more than 700,000 cars.

And this toxic-waste stock is trading at $41.67?

"Stupid [market] Tricks Caught on Video" continues. :lol:

In the wise words of "On the Beach"...

Puppet master Rove still being allowed to control World's financial markets. Therefore, no top in sight...contrary T/A/refi data nothwithstanding.

I'll be picking up more gems like AAI, SCHN, JBHT, GTRC, RSTI and PSTI next week on the dips.

GAME IT! (before its too late and the Election nears, get your "Free Money") :P

It's still time to "dong the best" and forget the rest.

Hey Pile:

Here's a Screamer for you.......

Why not?

It's the most highly shorted stock on the NYSE.

Nice solid floor underneath it. :P

...hitting 52 wk highs too I presume.

That should lure in some more hapless shorts who think its "too high" and think they are smarter than mo-mo trend players and try to call the exact time when it reverses down. Doubtful :lol:

That practically guarantees a no-lose dong play. Keep climbing that wall of worry :D

Schaeffer - whole theory seems to hinge on everyone else being a dumb-ass and him (and his stooges) being so bright.

But look at the facts. In 1999 he had the third highest 2000 year end DOW target of 13,800. (Business Week)

In a Tom Calandra article dated Aug 29, 2002, Schaeffer

said " I get a chuckle about everyone getting so excited when the VIX made it to the 50s". Well just when he thought the VIX was going to 175 - he nailed the bottom.

Today he thinks vix can go to "mid teens". He thinks Nasdaq will see 2000 and that the SPY has more upside.

Just another SCAMMER in the ceasepool.

And as for Kudlow - the economy is "firing on all cylinders" - we need to be "patient".

And Cramer wallowing in the latest Spitzer thing - because by implication he is "Mr ten clean fingers".

Can someone please punch those guys.

I like the low profile guys like Erlanger!

Archived