Government

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

coming soon to a pension plan near you!

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/index-e.htm

FY03 pension payments to be reduced by 0.9%-1%

Yomiuri Shimbun

Finance Minister Masajuro Shiokawa has agreed to reduce pension payments by 0.9 percent to 1 percent and to cut official development assistance by 5.8 percent in fiscal 2003, in recent budgetary talks with other ministers.

Shiokawa agreed to the cuts during prior negotiations Wednesday with six ministers over the major expenditure categories in the fiscal 2003 budget.

Defense spending will be cut by about 1 percent and the education budget will drop by about 4 percent from this fiscal year.

During talks with Health, Labor and Welfare Minister Chikara Sakaguchi, Shiokawa agreed to lift the freeze on the price index-linked pension system for the first time in four years. The price index-linked system adjusts public pension payments in line with price changes.

As a result, pension payments in fiscal 2003 will drop by 0.9 percent to 1 percent from a year earlier.

In flawless bull market action, Feb '03 gold closed up another 4.30 to $347.00 even.

Full tilt, I'm finally hit

Baby ignite my soul

Full, I'm in love with that shit

Baby that's rock 'n roll

The $350 target mentioned on O'Neill Resignation Day is within striking distance. Let's see whether Al and JP try to peg it there.

RE the "Hurstian 20 week low."

You stoolies know my thoughts on that. Gotta let the market tell us. The last few days of a down phase are often the most productive.

Don't anticipate. Follow the signals on the appropraite cycle indicators.

The Hypertiger method of figuring out the unemployment rate in the U.S.

Random thoughts...

Take the real reported number and X by 2

6 X 2 = 12% Unemployment is closer to "reality"

G.D.P. = Grand deception product

Canada switched to the "New" U.S. method, why? The old Canadian method would produce a number that was half as good as the U.S. number. hmmmm...

If the Economy was bowling, the fed is now shooting gutter balls out of an automatic fast loading cannon with a rate of fire of 1000 balls a second.

pretty stupid sounding eh...

fxfox

I'm short 10 Dax futures here. Gotta love it.

With the last two days tho' are you covering into the close here?

well, a close below 2980 is really really bearish. But given it is scam week there is a possibility we go up tomorrow, because 3000 is the level that counts. Also you have to know that tomorrow at 7 am new york time there is the deadline for the options in DAX, so there will be monster style action, in the past there happened absolutely crazy things, one day they even pulled out the power supply for the whole stock exchange! :lol: :lol: :lol:

so if you are in profit big time, maybe you close one half?

Archived