Stilletto Pumps

[it's amazing the number of posters who claim they disagree with Hyper's "conjecture" or whatever, yet offer no other explanation for what will happen when the system is no longer able to create enough new debt to service the old debt plus replace the repaid principal each period

Look at the 1930s depression.

You got general price deflation combined with a contraction in the money supply and outstanding bank lending despite the best efforts of the Fed to conduct open market operations. Hard times to be sure but not the end of the world.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In Japan, the banks were permitted to count company shares at purchase value as reserves.

They now have to mark to market though, rigth?

Far more troubling IMO is that they are allowed to count the significant deferred tax assets created as a result of recognised losses. Unfortunately the ability to convert these to cash crucially hinges on the ability to record future off-setting profits which must be considered a dubious proposition under present circumstances.

Prove where I ever said that we need to go back to a gold standard...I've played this game before bait and switch...

the main problem with FRB is that it is unsustainable over the long haul...Period...

It doesn't matter who runs the system you could have totally honest perfect in every aspect run the system and it would still collapse...It is based on consumer debt inflation to produce income ultimately operating expenses are previously created debt and profits are newly created debt...

Building a house is new debt creation but once it is built that portion of debt previous compared to the newly created debt to pay for the house plus mark up...which is profit...

Current income is previously created debt and newly created debt is future income

The workmen build a house and are paid with the debt created for the production new debt to pay for more construction is future income... Farmers borrow money plant and grow crops workmen use newly created debt which they will get paid to purchase food from the farmer...

For the most part price inflation is a direct result of debt inflation...

Money is basically debt...

But the current system has a maximum potential for debt inflation...

and we have almost reached that point when debt deflation begins with no way to stop it...

the only way to stop debt deflation is with debt inflation greater than the debt deflation...

Once you reach the maximum potential for debt inflation then there is no way to stop debt deflation...

Can you borrow an unlimited amount of money/debt? Then why do you think that debt inflation is going to last forever?

You can either cotribute to the collapse by getting out of debt or by maxing yourself out...

Those are the choices at this point in time...

Bracing for impact or stepping on the accelerator peddle...

Or closing your eyes and clicking your heels together chanting "there's no place like home" is a third option.

I WILL NOT TRADE SCAM-A-MANIA WEEK.......................

Archived