The Post-It-Note

Crisco will not answer questions on its $16b (majority of cash) bond portfolio.

CFO claims numbers reflect m2m and have not changed from last quarter. "we anticipated higher rates and rolled down yield curve"

anal cyst: "but the bond market has collapsed. How is it possible that your portfolio is unchanged?"

Johnny boy: "lets take this discussion off line"

Has Csco been spread trading? Is csco making earnings by shorting bonds? Is csco wrapped up in the explosive growth of swaps and other derivatives?

More at eleven...

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CFO claims numbers reflect m2m and have not changed from last quarter. "we anticipated higher rates and rolled down yield curve"

anal cyst: "but the bond market has collapsed. How is it possible that your portfolio is unchanged?"

Wow.

Maybe Johnny wants to take it "off line" because he doesn't want to give those boys at Pimco and elsewhere a head's up on how freaking clever his own Finance Dept. is, and how they've not had to suffer a penny loss in their portfolio during the past 6 weeks.

Total crap.

Back in the saddle/ Aerosmith. Welcome back stoolies.

I'm back!

I'm back in the saddle again

I'm back!

Ridin' into town alone by the light of the moon

I'm lookin' for old Sukie Jones, she crazy horse saloon

Barkeep gimme a drink, that's when she caught my eye

She turned to give me a wink, that'd make a grown man cry

I'm back!

I'm back!

Come easy, go easy, all right until the rising sun

I'm calling all the shots tonight, I'm like a loaded gun

Peelin' off my boots and chaps, I'm saddle sore

Four bits gets you time in the racks, I scream for more

Fools' gold out of their mines, the girls are soaking wet

No tongue's drier than mine, I'll come when I get back!

I'm back!

I'm ridin', I'm loadin' up my pistol

I'm ridin', I really got a fistful

I'm ridin', I'm shinin' up my saddle

I'm ridin', this snake is gonna rattle

I'm back!

I'm back!

Ridin' high!

Ridin' high!

Ridin' high! already!

Chambers: "we are seeing somethings in our order trends that could be, with the appropriate caveats, considered to lead to a cautiously optimistic outlook for growth after a few quarters"

WTF does that mean?

My translation is we're doing more VOIP product business and that?s encouraging. Since the death of the service provider market the incumbents are the only ones left standing and we?ve got Juniper to compete with for their router business and others like Foundry for the switches.

VOIP is the only real growth area and while the enterprise market is soaking it up the incumbents are resisting it. If they continue to wield substantial political power its going to be very slow growth. We can?t name names because they are our primary ?access customers?.

I wonder if Those Who Jam have conflicting goals.  

Save the bond market, or save the stock market?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Actually, the Jammers are most likely getting increasingly

desperate and inclined to grasp for wild measures.

The Administration, in particular, knows that if the economy

doesn't turn decisively to the upside in the next quarter, well,

that's it, they're into the general election season, and every

campaign-trail report that's filed in 2004 will have the words

"President Bush" and "sour economy" juxtaposed in the

first paragraph. The power of endless repetition.

Those guys have *seen* that movie, in 1992, and as I

recall, it was not a happy ending for the incumbent.

I'm wondering if we are about to see some really direct

and forceful Feed tampering with the bond market. Above

and beyond what one normally expects, that is.

Wow.

Maybe Johnny wants to take it "off line" because he doesn't want to give those boys at Pimco and elsewhere a head's up on how freaking clever his own Finance Dept. is, and how they've not had to suffer a penny loss in their portfolio during the past 6 weeks.

Total crap.

Right on.

The last available disclosure of investment information indicates on substantial presence on the long side of the bond market. In their defense, using $6 billion to buyback stock probably significantly reduced their exposure to the bond market over the year.

Oh, one further anecdotal note for y'all.

This last weekend, Foley was keeping the company of a charming lady who is employed in the mortgage-borkering trade.

"How's that working out for you?"

She responded that mortgage borkers right now are, quote, "pissing their pants with blood".

Her firm has a couple of hundred clients who were expecting to secure rate locks well under five percent, and are now getting told they can take six, or else.

She reports that this has been greeted with something less than wild enthusiasm.

Bye-bye refi...

Chambers: "we are seeing somethings in our order trends that could be, with the appropriate caveats, considered to lead to a cautiously optimistic outlook for growth after a few quarters"

WTF does that mean?

My translation is we're doing more VOIP product business and that?s encouraging. Since the death of the service provider market the incumbents are the only ones left standing and we?ve got Juniper to compete with for their router business and others like Foundry for the switches.

VOIP is the only real growth area and while the enterprise market is soaking it up the incumbents are resisting it. If they continue to wield substantial political power its going to be very slow growth. We can?t name names because they are our primary ?access customers?.

CRISCO Gateways Shown the VOIP Gate

Archived