And Keep Asking Those Questions

From inspiredinside.com:

The Wisdom of Today

By Eric Jordan

We often wish for more, without realizing that life's most precious treasures, are often within the palms of our hands.

It is not success, but rather the journey there, that often makes our lives complete.

We are most at peace with the world, when we accept the wonderful and amazing creature. . .that is. . .ourselves.

When we give our all TODAY; and look forward to giving tomorrow the same, then there is no reason for regretting our yesterdays.

Despise not the past, for in it lies the wisdom of today, and the hope of tomorrow.

To me this ties right in with Allie's words from Monday PM:

. . . life, all life, is about asking questions, not about knowing the answers. It is wanting to see what's over the next hill that keeps us all going. . . .

The journey there is truly the most important aspect of this, the journey where we get to ask the questions, the journey to see what's over the next hill. Speaking for myself I spent a large portion of my earlier life totally focused (obsessed) on what the destination (answers) was without much appreciation for the journey itself. And writing these twice-daily commentaries for the past five and a half months has given me an even greater appreciation of the validity of what I'm sharing with you this morning.

So please keep this in mind the next time Mr (Ms?) U-no-what doesn't agree with your opinion of what he (she?) should be doing. Realize how simply amazing it is that we're all here together on this particular journey through the magic and the wonder of the Internet and how our lives are made better as a result.

And keep asking those questions.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of questions: On Dec 23rd the changes to the NDX (15 worst thrown out -- 15 high flyers added in) become effective. How is this done without causing a massive gap up in the index and its associated tracker: QQQ? :unsure:

(I should probably know how they achieve a smooth transition....but I don't)

Speaking of questions: On Dec 23rd the changes to the NDX (15 worst thrown out -- 15 high flyers added in) become effective. How is this done without causing a massive gap up in the index and its associated tracker: QQQ? :unsure:

I think I figured it out: The NDX and the QQQs are kept "smooth" through the transistion because of the weighting of each component. I guess they re-weight each component on the day of the change. So all 100 components will be reassigned weighting numbers after the close on Friday so that the NDX will not gap either way.

Sorry to use up your time....just a brain fart on my end!

Well, what a nice surprise. Many tanks Nincky! Anotehr winning name ofr the Stoolie Name Hall of Shame. :lol:

I think at the end of the day, I'll have to remember to split out that post and put it in Eau d'Stool.

Oh my, where to begin! Third largest bankruptcy, Micron realizes their chips are worth about the same as potato chips, and the potato chips may even be worth more eventually as commodities continue to escalate. I'll have 512 pringles please!

Nice draining operation by Uncle Al to make our day today would be very nice! I need some serious down action here. Old stool options expiring Friday could use a little cliff diving by the underlying! Look out below........

SG rings the bell

Well... as doc says this morning (my apologies Doc)

Still, there's more work to be done in this market that's chewing up everybody. Everybody, that is, except those who recognize it for what it is -- a yet another huge distributional top, trading range.

Have to agree. Since my E wave stuff is mostly focused on the NDX and QQQ's , NAS right now... here goes

As I've been nauseating for over a week now, we are in trading range between 975 NDX (gap yet not filled) and 1051-1065 NDX ( gap MAY HAVE been filled yesterday, but a mild re-trace if so)

So... Here and there I have gamed the tape at high ends of channels, and covered at low ends... but Santa Claus Rally??

No! More like Santa Claus trading range is all......

E waves to me still unclear. I still think we are in mild corrective moves of a 2nd E wave and we should take the NAS to 1420 to 1440 (1410 yesterday was close) and Q's to 26.40 to 26.80

So, until then.... I'll sit in cash and watch....its rather fun watching bulls and bears squirm in the meantime.

Finally... did anyone really get surprised by MU blowing up?? Maybe they can make it up in volume...heh heh

Archived