The Houseguest

just received email from saxobank, there outlook for 2003:

Here are a few teasers from our predictions:

The stock market will see new lows in September 2003 after a run up in Q1 and possibly Q2

"a run up in Q1 & Q2":

if their antimatter device runs out of widjits before they've finished building the wormhole, i have a couple extra around....

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SEC-Sanctioned Rating Agencies Harbor

Serious Conflicts of Interest

Weiss Ratings Recommends Industry Reforms to Protect Investors

PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla., December 16, 2002 - Credit rating agencies sanctioned by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), also known as nationally recognized statistical rating organizations (NRSROs), employ a business model harboring serious conflicts of interest, according to a statement filed with the SEC today by Weiss Ratings, Inc., the nation's leading independent provider of ratings and analyses of financial services companies, mutual funds, and stocks.

"The various ratings provided by the three NRSROs - S&P, Moody's and Fitch - are ostensibly for investors, but they are bought and paid for by the rated companies," stated Martin D. Weiss, Ph.D., chairman of Weiss Ratings, Inc.

Link to Article....click on SEC-Sanctioned Ratings Agencies...

This looks like the bitch-slap I was afraid of...(PM)

Gold-

About an hour ago there was this very nice man from Bear Sterns interviewed on crapvision and he set me straight, in a very kind and fatherly sort of way, by reminding me that the interest in gold and gold stocks is based mainly on superstition and fantasy. He even reminded me that Mr Kudlow shares his belief. Well....that did it for me! However, his kindness did not end there, for I was assured that the dollar is a thing of sacred beauty and that the economy is indeed recovering quite nicely....There is nothing quite like been deprogrammed and liberated on a crisp, clear winter morning during the holiday season in New York. I am all....tingly :D

Guest The CoinGuy

sold 25% of my GBGlF for a nice double, other than that....pretty much flat in the trading account(cept for big miner position). Long unhedged miners, euros, and physical gold in the big account.

Add some horns to flabby abby....

Devil horns or bull horns? :blink:

The CoinGuy

Charliss, your story of salvation warms the cockles of my heart (whatever cockles are). It reminds me of the kindly gentleman on wsw a few weeks ago warning against gold investment. I believe his name was bar-ton of raw sewage Biggs. It certainly was big of him. He saved me a fortune. ha,ha.

Archived