The Houseguest

From the current PAWS (Pets Are Worth Saving) Newsletter:

When a Pennsylvania couple awoke to strange sounds in the night, they thought some pretty fierce winds were rattling their shutters. It was only a deer taking a bubble bath in their tub.

The deer burst through the fromt door, ran into the bathroom, managed to turn on the water in the tub, and knocked over a bottle of bubble bath. He then submerged himself in the frothy water.

State Game Commission officials arrived at the home with tranquilizers and a lot of laughter. The animal was taken outdoors and released. Except for a damaged front door, the only souvenir of the uninvited houseguest was a few hoof prints in the linoleum.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday was painful for bears looking for some holiday cheer. The scam meisters were at it again. Oil, gold and the dollar are telling a different story.

In any case I'm sticking with the charts. I won't panick until the downtrend is broken. For me this will be when the red displaced moving average crosses above the blue sma. Could be painful but that's the line in the sand for me.

post-3-1040130837_thumb.jpg

Careful with that Rich- The way Prophet calcs the displaced moving average is kind of arbitrary. They just pick of the last few days of the MA and repeat it. More traditional means of trend change recognition are more reliable.

Uncle B and the Golden Stool. Wooo!

Stoolwethers.--eewwwe.

Careful with that Rich- The way Prophet calcs the displaced moving average is kind of arbitrary. They just pick of the last few days of the MA and repeat it. More traditional means of trend change recognition are more reliable.

Uncle B and the Golden Stool. Wooo!

Stoolwethers.--eewwwe.

Thanks Doc I was wondering about how they did that.

That's why you are the Doc. Tanks again. :rolleyes:

Financial TV shows suffer hard times, too

The star power of Maria Bartiromo, Crapvision's best-known journalist, continues to fade. Ratings for Monday night's After Hours with Maria Bartiromo have sunk 42% since August, to just 117,000 viewers. That's 80% below what Rivera Live was pulling in for Crapvision in the time slot in November 2001, before Geraldo Rivera's departure to the Fox network. (Crapvision says ABC's Monday Night Football saps her audience.)

http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/2002-1...-16-biztv_x.htm

What will they blame the declining ratings on when MNF ends?

Maybe they'll give Emma a show.

GC3G (Mar Gold) up 3 beans to $340.5 just off the morning high of $341

EU2H (Feb Euro) challenging $1.03 level.

January crude @ $30.10

This is causing much constipation on the street. I would not expect equities to rally for any length of time unless gold, euro and crude all reverse.

Did anyone see the interview on Crapvision this mawnin' w the economista entitled: "Soft Spot or Quagmire"?

aired about 8 am EST

what did he have to say? Only caught the lASSt few seconds, where he said "there's a lot of water that has yet to flow under the bridge between now and the end of the year".

Whereupon Mr "Underwear/I'm a NEWZ "Jockey" Haynes cut him off FUR a word FURom the sponsors.

HRFF hASS been sayin FUR yearz and yearz to "keep your eye on the DOLLAR" (and Japan).

One of Inger's themes in his hotline, which HRFF is debatin' about renewin', over the pASSt few months/weeks has been the "stability of the dollar" as a bedrock/foundation FUR/pillar of this rally, which Inger, at one point, labeled the advent of a new bull mkt.

Well, we'll c just how "stable" it is, WON'T we?

Archived