"DEATH to anyone guilty of debasing the money"

OK - now I'm mad

I'm a paid up member of this community and have been for quite a while now. I recently reupped and now I wish I hadn't.

When I first discovered stoolieville I was thrilled. I contacted one of our other current stoolies, told him about it, and he's been a regular paid up contributor.

I don't give a DARN if some bulls frequent out community. I can choose to outright ignore what they have to say , or I can give their viewpoint some consideration and see if there's something to it.

The more viewpoints we have, the better.

We chased SG away. That was a TREMENDOUS loss. He called this rally on the QQQ almost to the penny. That isn't just remarkable, it borders on the miraculous. His attitude is not the one I would have adapted, however, his contributions were INVALUABLE and could have made us money had we listened.

Then a few weeks ago we had a split off of a very large segment of our community to a paid board. I didn't think it was right then and I certainly don't think it's right now. I paid my money in the first place for the anals never thinking that we would get to the point where the boards would be a pay per view service. I was mad, but didn't say anything then.

Now I see that we have created yet another split in the community today.

When was the last time at 9:54 A.M. (Eastern) that we had only one page on the Intraday Stool board?

Doc, I would ask you to revisit this decision.

I don't wish to start a firestorm on the boards - if anyone else feels similarly, please PM Doc and don't make it a subject of discussion on the boards. I will post this message on the Bear Zone board as well.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've had copper on my long 'wish list' for a year, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Hey - I see the basis for another bet here. If you lose, you can round up enough copper wire from those abandoned subdivisions to make your payment to Doktor Stool. :lol:

No - I don't think auto and home sales rise from here. But we can sell to China after the devaluation (our devaluation). $1.40/lb copper will look cheap in yuan. :o

MH - if the US debt engine slows, doesn't China's also slow, probably even faster?

My only additional comment, gleaned during my one week Stooltrading trial, is that Doc actively guides and posts his cycle data and c--maps. This is an effort beyond website hosting and is similar to other paid daytrading chats/threads.

I agree that this thread should be bulls and bears, but its Doc's site, and I can livewith the division. As stated by others, there won't be many bulls left to post in the near future.

weak upside volume with not much price action. XAU bounced above yesterday's low. All is well for now in bearland.

Today seems very slow, I suspect we'll end up on the unchanged line. I'm taking off early, good luck to all and see you on M2M this weekend.

JM

Since a lot of my analysis is based on fading prevailing sentiment, an accurate sample is essential. Stoolville is always going to be a biased sample (more skeptical and better informed than the public). But its sentiment still swings with the market trends -- as ALL 'expert' groups do, bar none.

The spectrum of opinion can be a tool for trading. Whether I agree with it or not is irrelevant. Each opinion is important in determining the overall balance of sentiment.

OK - now I'm mad

I'm a paid up member of this community and have been for quite a while now. I recently reupped and now I wish I hadn't.

When I first discovered stoolieville I was thrilled. I contacted one of our other current stoolies, told him about it, and he's been a regular paid up contributor.

I don't give a DARN if some bulls frequent out community. I can choose to outright ignore what they have to say , or I can give their viewpoint some consideration and see if there's something to it.

We chased SG away. That was a TREMENDOUS loss. He called this rally on the QQQ almost to the penny. That isn't just remarkable, it borders on the miraculous. His attitude is not the one I would have adapted, however, his contributions were INVALUABLE and could have made us money had we listened.

Then a few weeks ago we had a split off of a very large segment of our community to a paid board. I didn't think it was right then and I certainly don't think it's right now. I paid my money in the first place for the anals never thinking that we would get to the point where the boards would be a pay per view service. I was mad, but didn't say anything then.

When was the last time at 9:54 A.M. (Eastern) that we had only one page on the Intraday Stool board?

I don't wish to start a firestorm on the boards - if anyone else feels similarly, please PM Doc and don't make it a subject of discussion on the boards. I will post this message on the Bear Zone board as well.

I second that. I think all points of view should be able to speak.

If some bulls are getting out of line just private e-mail them with a request to respect the general principles behind stoolville.

Bull vs bear debates open up good discussion and allows more information for all to make decicions on.

Currently I'm slightly short term bullish but I always want to hear the otherside and bulls that visit this site for the most part are trying to draw out the otherside of the disscussion.

Splitting forums only makes it more difficult for the user and borders user unfriendly and could cause a departure of subscribers. It also has a feeling of sensorship and no one likes sensored information.

Just my opinion.

Quicktrade

OK - now I'm mad

I'm a paid up member of this community and have been for quite a while now.  I recently reupped and now I wish I hadn't.

When I first discovered stoolieville I was thrilled.  I contacted one of our other current stoolies, told him about it, and he's been a regular paid up contributor.

I don't give a DARN if some bulls frequent out community.  I can choose to outright ignore what they have to say , or I can give their viewpoint some consideration and see if there's something to it.  

We chased SG away.  That was a TREMENDOUS loss.  He called this rally on the QQQ almost to the penny.  That isn't just remarkable, it borders on the miraculous.  His attitude is not the one I would have adapted, however, his contributions were INVALUABLE and could have made us money had we listened.

Then a few weeks ago we had a split off of a very large segment of our community to a paid board.  I didn't think it was right then and I certainly don't think it's right now.  I paid my money in the first place for the anals never thinking that we would get to the point where the boards would be a pay per view service.  I was mad, but didn't say anything then.

When was the last time at  9:54 A.M. (Eastern) that we had only one page on the Intraday Stool board?

I don't wish to start a firestorm on the boards - if anyone else feels similarly, please PM Doc and don't make it a subject of discussion on the boards.  I will post this message on the Bear Zone board as well.

I second that. I think all points of view should be able to speak.

If some bulls are getting out of line just private e-mail them with a request to respect the general principles behind stoolville.

Bull vs bear debates open up good discussion and allows more information for all to make decicions on.

Currently I'm slightly short term bullish but I always want to hear the otherside and bulls that visit this site for the most part are trying to draw out the otherside of the disscussion.

Splitting forums only makes it more difficult for the user and borders user unfriendly and could cause a departure of subscribers. It also has a feeling of sensorship and no one likes sensored information.

Just my opinion.

Quicktrade

third, but wasting breath....its basically fornicate yourself and leave if you dont like it....its a rule in the how to be successful book.

Well said, Bearly and Uranus.

Start RANT:

I have no problem with the Stooltrading concept, as Doc has every right (and financial necessity) to charge for his proprietary cmaps and charts. The unfortunate result has been that the majority of the chartists have joined stooltrading and ceased to post on IDS, presumably in part because its far easier to monitor one thread throughout the day. For the non-daytraders this is disappointing, as IDS now often strays very far off target. Now we're looking at multiple IDS boards, which IMHO will weaken things even further.

My humble suggestion: have Doc's cmaps in a separate paid thread and have ONE unified IDS for everyone else, and have the moderators keep things on target. If the discussions are limited to short-term trading and not allowed to stray into broader complaints about the general valuation of the market or interest rates or whatever (stuff that should be discussed in the evening on LOB or M2M) , we will be able to return to a unified Stool Community.

Now, I DO realize that other posters like BB,Oy et al are valuable additions to Stooltrading, but unfortunately I'm not always active on an intraday basis and thus at this point am not a member of Stooltrading. As a result, their insightful commentary and charts are sorely missed. But if that's how it must be for Doc to keep things running, I can accept that - it just means the Brown Collars need to step up as much as possible when they are on and make the good ol' IDS the best it can be.

End RANT:

Sorry for the lengthy off-topic post. :rolleyes:

Archived