"DEATH to anyone guilty of debasing the money"

The more viewpoints we have, the better.

Since a lot of my analysis is based on fading prevailing sentiment, an accurate sample is essential. Stoolville is always going to be a biased sample (more skeptical and better informed than the public). But its sentiment still swings with the market trends -- as ALL 'expert' groups do, bar none.

The spectrum of opinion can be a tool for trading. Whether I agree with it or not is irrelevant. Each opinion is important in determining the overall balance of sentiment.

I'm not sure I've ever seen a true bull around here. Traders

who can just as easily daytrade or swing trade long as well as short, yes, myself included- but not with an equivalent depth of conviction that matches up a true bull with a true bear. I suspect the real issue lies elsewhere.

Going with the flow can simply be a practical behaviour (trading for profit) and not necessarily based on conviction and commitment to a belief system.

As for me, as a matter of honesty I have to place myself in the bear camp. By the same measure, I have to pay my bills and beyond that take responsibility for the rest of my experience.

I will add that being here has helped me do these things. It has also helped me grow in other ways. For this I have to say "thank you."

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK - now I'm mad

I'm a paid up member of this community and have been for quite a while now. ?I recently reupped and now I wish I hadn't.

When I first discovered stoolieville I was thrilled. ?I contacted one of our other current stoolies, told him about it, and he's been a regular paid up contributor.

I don't give a DARN if some bulls frequent out community. ?I can choose to outright ignore what they have to say , or I can give their viewpoint some consideration and see if there's something to it. ?

The more viewpoints we have, the better.

We chased SG away. ?That was a TREMENDOUS loss. ?He called this rally on the QQQ almost to the penny. ?That isn't just remarkable, it borders on the miraculous. ?His attitude is not the one I would have adapted, however, his contributions were INVALUABLE and could have made us money had we listened.

Then a few weeks ago we had a split off of a very large segment of our community to a paid board. ?I didn't think it was right then and I certainly don't think it's right now. ?I paid my money in the first place for the anals never thinking that we would get to the point where the boards would be a pay per view service. ?I was mad, but didn't say anything then.

Now I see that we have created yet another split in the community today.

When was the last time at ?9:54 A.M. (Eastern) that we had only one page on the Intraday Stool board?

Doc, I would ask you to revisit this decision.

I don't wish to start a firestorm on the boards - if anyone else feels similarly, please PM Doc and don't make it a subject of discussion on the boards. ?I will post this message on the Bear Zone board as well.

I second that. I think all points of view should be able to speak.

If some bulls are getting out of line just private e-mail them with a request to respect the general principles behind stoolville.

Bull vs bear debates open up good discussion and allows more information for all to make decicions on.

Currently I'm slightly short term bullish but I always want to hear the otherside and bulls that visit this site for the most part are trying to draw out the otherside of the disscussion.

Splitting forums only makes it more difficult for the user and borders user unfriendly and could cause a departure of subscribers. It also has a feeling of sensorship and no one likes sensored information.

Just my opinion.

Quicktrade

third, but wasting breath....its basically fornicate yourself and leave if you dont like it....its a rule in the how to be successful book.

Yep :cry:

Ben Franklin said something like "we must all hang together or we will all hang seperately." so true so true.

I am going to take a break now. Its been real people. Thank you all. IG

From minyanville.com

. . . In order to affect the velocity of money, the Fed has been thinking outside the box and has suggested, through papers written by some Fed staffers, that they may employ some very unorthodox methods. The Fed knows that a higher stock market through the wealth effect may increase the velocity of money. The Financial Times reported in January that the Fed has mulled over the possibility of directly buying ?stocks, corporate bonds, and even real assets such as commodities. Another method suggested is a stamp tax on currency. Sit down before you read on. This would involve a tax to hold currency. Deposit your cash at the bank, and they will charge you 1% a month to hold it!

Why has the velocity of money stalled? ?In my mind you can sum it up in two thoughts: high debt and over capacity.

As most of you know, the Coalition Of The Outraged has been formed to stop this proposed stamp tax on currency obscenity from ever becoming law. See A Financial Atrocity Is Brewing In This Country and The Plane Is Pilotless . . . for details.

I personally have been spreading the word on this through mass email chains, message board exposure chains, fax, phone and person to person contact. As well as contacting the printed, broadcast and electronic media with this. And I will be contacting my congressman and senators.

Results? Akin to stirring up a hornet's nest. Which, in this case, is not only not a bad thing, but in fact a very good thing indeed. :) :) :)

And I've just begun.

Those of you out there who are also members of the Coalition let me hear from you about what you're doing and your results so far through the PM only in order to keep this thread focused on its primary purpose.

Doc,

Would it be a problem to edit those links so they pop a new window when clicked?

I sometimes like to leave an anal section open while continuing with the board. When they were in the thread context they worked that way...

Just OMO. Anyone else?

TIA.

Good trading mixed stool! :lol:

Bus,

I surf with OPERA which is a free and fast web browser. You can have all the pages open you want and they have tabs that you can easily jump from site to site. It is way better than internet explorer. Only draw back is that some (although few) webpages do not open so I use explorer as a backup for those. I would never go back to Explorer

:D

I think I'm pretty tired of all this. Go read the Bear only board. You'd think we were the anti-Christ or something. I followed Mark over here from clearstation-it's been good, but I also lost an ass of money when some of these cheerleaders kept shouting "short them to zero!!" Remember who that was? But that was okay--it was bearish. Oh well --tired of it-Doc's cussing up a storm over there-crazy.

Doc,

Would it be a problem to edit those links so they pop a new window when clicked?

I sometimes like to leave an anal section open while continuing with the board.  When they were in the thread context they worked that way...

Just OMO.  Anyone else?

TIA.

Good trading mixed stool! :lol:

Bus,

I surf with OPERA which is a free and fast web browser. You can have all the pages open you want and they have tabs that you can easily jump from site to site. It is way better than internet explorer. Only draw back is that some (although few) webpages do not open so I use explorer as a backup for those. I would never go back to Explorer

:D

Couldn't agree more.

Once you've tried Opera, you can never go back to Mr. Softie's limp IE.

I think I'm pretty tired of all this. Go read the Bear only board. You'd think we were the anti-Christ or something. I followed Mark over here from clearstation-it's been good, but I also lost an ass of money when some of these cheerleaders kept shouting "short them to zero!!" Remember who that was? But that was okay--it was bearish. Oh well --tired of it-Doc's cussing up a storm over there-crazy.

From my point of view, CapitalStool is for "entertainment purposes only".

I subscribe to the "Anals" only to support the maintenance of the board.

Can't imagine investing one's hard earned money in anything based on postings to an anonymous internet board.

Nothing personal, but unless I can look up Doc's, Mark's and other's posters trading + advice record in Hulbert's independent review, I'm not interested.

It never ceases to amaze me that people quote Gann, Prechter, Crawford, and others who make/made their money marketing "advice" rather than trading or investing.

As for the Bull|Bear debate, that's just the base tribal instinct of human nature at work.

Those that can't tolerate a spectrum of opinions will probably lose their shirts.

Put to call ratio going wild today- total pcr 1.16, index 1.0 and equity 1.20. Never seen readings like this since Doubleflush started tracking it a year ago.

what a catastrophe! One hard down-day and the whole planet start to go short! No wonder we go up today. When Dow brekas that downtrendline i have 9160 and 9190 on the radar screen.

Disappointing.

furthermore some cycles start turning up? The 5 day and 8 day or something??

bahhhhhhhhh :angry:

until we have high p/c ratio readings we will not go "really" down. :(

Archived