"DEATH to anyone guilty of debasing the money"

Like that idea, huh? Read on!

. . . In 1787 when the current constitution was being drafted the recent currency devaluation (or monetary inflation) was very much on everyone?s mind. The first paragraph in article 1, section 10 of our current U.S. constitution reads:

No State shall enter into any treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

The coinage act passed shortly after the constitution was ratified even went so far as to list DEATH to anyone guilty of debasing the money.

Neither the current Constitution nor the coinage act passed shortly thereafter has been repealed. It seems the current group in power simply chooses to ignore them as well as history . . .

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad,

Almost every one of those Constitutional prohibitions is routinely violated. The pettifoggers point out that "no state" is allowed to commit these evils. Of course, the original concept was that the federal government would answer to its masters, the states. That's been inverted too.

But the fact remains that these things were viewed as evils, whichever party committed them.

What happens to societies founded on cognitive dissonance, who swear fealty to ancient documents and principles, even as they invert their meaning? The examples (as you say) are strewn throughout history, from Moses to the Mayans.

The system can't be fixed. We're better off planning how to pick up the pieces after it breaks, assuming we get the chance. Soon they'll be driving the bus off the cliff. Brace!

Click Here for the new Bear Zone Stool Forum and the first thread, Bear Zone Stool Number Two where bears can chat about today's market action.

A permanent link to this new forum is in the left menu at the top of the list of Free Forums.

Yet another gap up on CHINA, NTES, SINA, etc.

No end in sight, no down days allowed.

I suspect that all other stocks will eventually be abandoned, and all future buying will be focused on foreign internet stocks.

As usual, heavy jamming of the futures at 3:00am.

As usual, spectacular "gap and go" runs on garbage like CIEN, SONS.

When will the market be allowed to experience TWO down days in a row??

Impossible to say.

I'll be leaving in a few minutes for Monterey for the weekend. Doc, Fokker, please open the M2M thread after the close tonight.....

Good luck to all Riverboaters......

i hope that the "bear only" thread will sooner be deleted than that it was introduced.

It were 2 or 3 people who made bullsih yahoo board like talk, not more. Sometimes i just didnt read anymore what they wrote. What is so difficult with that?

I wont the stoolies to be united. We need a strong community to survive thsi market and not seperation.

Either way, somebody will be unhappy and others will be happy. Sorry, but it's impossible to please everybody.

OK, here's something I hope you will enjoy! Stooltrading is open to everyone for the next hour. Click Here In the log in window, enter the

user name stool

and the password sample

Have a look around, then sign up for a one week trial (or longer)! Click Here

i hope that the "bear only" thread will sooner be deleted than that it was introduced.

It were 2 or 3 people who made bullsih yahoo board like talk, not more. Sometimes i just didnt read anymore what they wrote. What is so difficult with that?

I wont the stoolies to be united. We need a strong community to survive thsi market and not seperation.

I'm going to give it another day and see if it works out any better with the two threads. It's a royal pain for me since I like to hear both sides. Oh well. :huh:

Your Golden Stool is now posted. Please use the link in the left column menu.

Doc,

Would it be a problem to edit those links so they pop a new window when clicked?

I sometimes like to leave an anal section open while continuing with the board. When they were in the thread context they worked that way...

Just OMO. Anyone else?

TIA.

Good trading mixed stool! :lol:

Doc,

Would it be a problem to edit those links so they pop a new window when clicked?

I sometimes like to leave an anal section open while continuing with the board. When they were in the thread context they worked that way...

Just OMO. Anyone else?

TIA.

In the meantime, when clicking the link, hold the [sHIFT] key- that'll open it in a new window.

Guest yobob1
Doc,

I sometimes like to leave an anal section open while continuing with the board.  When they were in the thread context they worked that way...

Just OMO.  Anyone else?

TIA.

In the meantime, when clicking the link, hold the [sHIFT] key- that'll open it in a new window.

Or right click the link and then select "open in a new window"

"Zero coupon convertible senior notes" is financial-speak for toxic waste.

Sohu.com to issue more convertible notes (SOHU) by Julie Rannazzisi at MarketWatch

NEW YORK (CBS.MW) -- Sohu.com (SOHU) announced the issuance of an additional $20 million of its zero coupon convertible senior notes due in 2023. Shares of the China-based online media company rose 2.8 percent to $39.34 in early trades.

The insiders behind this company must wake up every morning and wonder if it was all just a dream . . . until the day's trading starts.

Probably confirms their opinion of gweilo's.

As usual, the PPI was reported in terms of the monthly change, which is so noisy as to be almost useless. The 12-month change in the PPI rose to +2.9% in June, from +2.5% in May. And that's up from NEGATIVE numbers at this time last year!

The 800-pound gorilla indicator -- gold -- is up 9% on a year ago. But it's been falling since early February, coinciding with a seeming lull in the economy, and rising unemployment.

The handwriting on the wall says they pumped quite a bit, but probably are going to pump some more.

Archived