For Real Bears Only

This is for true bears only. No boolish nonsense in this thread. Moderators, please remove any boolish posts from this thread. The other IDS threads will remain open to all.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IG: don't worry, be happy. It won't be too much longer.

LOGI down 26% today.

Thanks Sloth. I just don't have much time left for the down turn to begin.

Being a bear during a 230 point SPX rally sucks. I wish I had not been so committed to the bearish side the last 3 months. Being right has nothing to do with the markets. Some of the bulls who were bears are bulls at the absolute wrong time. But with my record of trading who am I to judge them?

The bulls are right and have been for 3 months. The next three months they may be wrong.

The things that bothers me the most, is that I looked at the charts 2 months ago and said to myself, there is really no reason to be short here, and I didn't cover or go long. :cry:

very few bools were right for the right reasons. Most are just stupid and lucky. As they say however, it is better to be lucky. :mellow:

Yes, but now I know what it feels like to be stupid and unlucky. :)

There were some who knew it was going up and were positioned for it. They will be the ones who will be positioned for it on the way down.

I have to be satisfied to be like a clock. Right twice a day.

Right or wrong is of little import to me, because the decisions are mine. I'm trying to learn to be a trader. Better to be able to explain a viewpoint than to ram it up my butt... and consistently correct but unexplainable calls remain entirely useless to me. jmho.

Anyone working the Qs today? QuickTrade, AnotherOne, anybody?

I've missed more on the Board today than I've read today.

Sometimes my work interferes with the play.

Just curious about thoughts on the Cubes.

I have July 33 Calls at .3 but had a meeting and couldn't sell at the 32.4x area

and probably wouldn't have anyway.

Also have August 32 Puts at 1.15 and August 30 Puts at .75

I assume YHOO will be positive reporting but what will the Naz do with it?

Up would be my guess.

What's anyone else doing/thinking?

Right or wrong is of little import to me, because the decisions are mine. I'm trying to learn to be a trader. Better to be able to explain a viewpoint than to ram it up my butt... and consistently correct but unexplainable calls remain entirely useless to me. jmho.

Explantions are like fundamentals. In the end it doesn't matter if they were right or wrong. Its the result that counts. Only the result. Price is the only thing that matters. Is it going up or down? Who cares why? I have spent the last 3 years reading why the market should go to zero and gold should go the 5000 per oz. I have all the reasons for it. But, it doesn't happen. I should watch the charts and nothing else. Thats all that matters. Why it has taken me so long to learn this is another subject. :(

If you dare, some shorts I'm looking at.

SCHL - Poorly managed; Harry Potter can't make up for depressed school spending.

BMS - Packaging Company; warned; recovery, what recovery?

AVY- Avery Dennison - warned

EXTR- ?

NAB - Australian Bank, don't know what's up yet, but it looks bad.

ATAC - Aftermarket Tech - Market leader in rebuilt transmissions - cars are disposable now.

CTB - Cooper Tire - Warned; increased raw material costs & decreasing demand

http://stockcharts.com/candleglance?schl,b...tr,nab,atac,ctb

Archived